Will Sony release Vita Slim in US?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I'm afraid I'll need to get an import one if Sony will not do anything in 2014......

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The screen on the slim version of the Vita is not an OLED like the original. It's a lot lower resolution and looks washed out. I would stick with the original model personally.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Dude, get the OG model while you still can. Just a matter of time before the stock is burned through and they switch us to the slim.

It's really speaks to how poorly this thing must be selling that they have so many left in the channel that they only have the slim out in Japan so far.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
In addendum, while most of the good deals have dried up in the USA for now on the systems, Best Buy in the USA has the Assasin's Creed bundle on sale for $189 if you can find it in a store near you. Walmart also has the Walking Dead bundle available online with another game for free (or at a substantial discount depending on your choice) for $209.

Also, the 8GB card is $17 and the 16Gb card is $39 on Amazon. Still a rip off considering SD card prices but way better than the $40 and $60 they were running respectively not that long ago. My 4GB card is tapped out on just a couple UMD Passport games, DLC, and the updates for Hot Shots Golf.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
In addendum, while most of the good deals have dried up in the USA for now on the systems, Best Buy in the USA has the Assasin's Creed bundle on sale for $189 if you can find it in a store near you. Walmart also has the Walking Dead bundle available online with another game for free (or at a substantial discount depending on your choice) for $209.

Also, the 8GB card is $17 and the 16Gb card is $39 on Amazon. Still a rip off considering SD card prices but way better than the $40 and $60 they were running respectively not that long ago. My 4GB card is tapped out on just a couple UMD Passport games, DLC, and the updates for Hot Shots Golf.

I have the white Assassins Creed bundle and I can confirm the console is pretty awesome, it looks really slick in white. If you can find one, I would definitely recommend getting it.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Even if they dropped the Vita to $50 I still wouldn't buy it. It still needs more than one exclusive game that I care about (Ys Celceta).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea, if you're looking to buy a Vita at any time, now would be it. If nothing but to just sit on it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I picked up an OLED model recently due to the incoming Slim models. That, plus the major price drop.
I recently posted this on another gaming forum because I don't think it's a major deal breaker. It's similar to Plasma v LCD. There's probably some nice aspects to the slim.

OLED
+ Richer Colors
+ Deeper Blacks
+ Response time
- Lower Brightness
- Decay of color depth over time.
- Susceptible to Burn in.
- Higher power consumption

LCD
+ Brighter, better for well lit areas
+ Less power consumption
+ No Burn In
- Weaker color depth
- Blacks are more of a dark grey

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Buy a used Vita.

Seriously, I see them for ~$100 on a regular basis on Craigslist.

I got my 3G Vita, four games, an 8 GB memory card and a carrying case for $150 just a few months after the system came out. There is zero demand out there for the system.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
agreed. That's what I did as well. I've been pleasantly surprised with the fit and finish of this thing. The only problem is it looks like a wave of jRPG's is all there is planned in the near term. bleh.
They should really just make this thing a controller for PS4. It's more usable than the WiiU tablet. I never liked having multiple triggers anyways.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
agreed. That's what I did as well. I've been pleasantly surprised with the fit and finish of this thing. The only problem is it looks like a wave of jRPG's is all there is planned in the near term. bleh.
They should really just make this thing a controller for PS4. It's more usable than the WiiU tablet. I never liked having multiple triggers anyways.

When you do remote play it will work just like a PS4 controller. I was playing Rayman Legends last night with it.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
The PS Vita is way too early in life to stop now. The slim will be brought over to the US at some point undoubtedly especially considering the large base of PS4 customers. It may not be as soon as you may want it though :p

I love my original PS Vita and I loved my original PSP. Gen 1 hardware from Sony tends to be my preferred. Microsoft on the other hand I'd rather wait until they've found out all the problems...

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Im still on the fence about getting a Vita. If i do get one i would prefer to have the OLED model. I know i want to play Ys and a few others. Maybe i'll pick one up when i get my tax monies

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The Borderlands Vita combo pack will include the Vita 2000 in the US

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Like a few others i've been on the fence about getting a Vita. At the moment I'm debating hunting down a used white model or waiting for the slim version. Anyone have a white version? how easy is it to keep looking nice versus a black one. Also from looking at the borderlands2 Vita slim box i'm guessing the US is ONLY getting the black version. Or has anyone heard anything different?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
the white one will probably hold up just fine. They are pretty large, so you wont be toting it in your pocket while you ride the train.
I have a Hori Hardcase that keeps it pretty safe.

I would slap on protective screens on the front and back regardless of color.

DrScience

n00b
Having played my friends white Vita versus my black Vita they both seem to attract the same amount of fingerprints. Other than that not much different really.

Also as far as that Boarderlands 2 bundle goes. Going by past Vita bundles, it looks like that bundle will only come in black.

Like a few others i've been on the fence about getting a Vita. At the moment I'm debating hunting down a used white model or waiting for the slim version. Anyone have a white version? how easy is it to keep looking nice versus a black one. Also from looking at the borderlands2 Vita slim box i'm guessing the US is ONLY getting the black version. Or has anyone heard anything different?

I bought a second Vita to keep one attached to the JPN PSN store b/c switching back and forth was a pita.

I initially grabbed a second black one from Target for $169 but then lucked across a white Assassins Creed bundle for $199 at a different store. It was kinda odd though, Target just slapped tape on the one I returned and stuck it back in the display case as new.

Anyways, the white one looks pretty slick. I don't notice any difference in terms of durability or fingerprints, as was mentioned.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I went ahead and imported a white/lime green one and love the shit out of it.