Will metal slug 8 ever happen?

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I personally would like to see another metal slug. Perhaps if we put together a "wish list" and gather enough signatures/interests to be submitted to play more snk, we can definitely make it happen.

I will start.

1. I want the next metal slug to be on aes and mgs cart
2. 2D
3. pre-rendered sprites

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Oh yes! That is a very good idea! Grassroots!

I know SNKP will certainly step up to the plate once they know what their fans demand!!

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I personally would like to see another metal slug. Perhaps if we put together a "wish list" and gather enough signatures/interests to be submitted to play more snk, we can definitely make it happen.

I will start.

1. I want the next metal slug to be on aes and mgs cart
2. 2D
3. pre-rendered sprites
As much as I want snk support the neogeo again, I don't think we will ever see another official neo geo release.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
We will never know unless the neo community stick together to make our voices heard. It's better to fail trying than not trying at all.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
We will never know unless the neo community stick together to make our voices heard. It's better to fail trying than not trying at all.

Once a company is done with a console, they are done for sure and not coming back to the console. Before we try the neo to be supported again, we have to get some games in the pipeline from snk first.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
NEO GEO FOR 2014/2015

METAL SLUG 8 ON NEO GEO

KOF 14 ON NEO GEO

...and possibly ngcd

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The team that made metal slug 1-3 left snk after the bankruptcy, so where the hell are they now? THEY are ones that should be tasked to make a new metal slug.

Best guess split between. DIMPS, Arc Systems, and whatever game developers swallowed up the rest of the staffs.

Truth be told there are plenty of 3rd party companies out there that would do it justice. Just have to convince Playmore to let someone since they never have the recorces to do anything but KOF.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Even a bad Metal Slug game is better than 99% of the nonsense that comes out today.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object

The only way of that possibly happening is if they also release the game on the other current consoles, and then just print up 1000copies or something for the Neo Geo...But even that is most likely never going to happend. But it would be real cool if it did.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
As much as I'd love a new actual Metal Slug, I don't see anything coming out of the franchise other than re-releases and mobile pay-to-win games.. But hey, at least we have as many as we do.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Sure, you can take play hopeless fanboy note & say that even a sub par MSlug is better than most of the stuff out there but thats no excuse to needlessly drag out a respected series such as MS.

Even a bad Metal Slug game is better than 99% of the nonsense that comes out today.

Orpheus is a Pre-Cog, GET HIM!!!!

VT got it right, SNKP will eventually release a new Metal Slug game, because you need to add enough fresh measures to the original series to allow the cheap based-on stuff to stay relevant.

My real concern is it will come in the form of something like what the other companies to do their games. Like you will now only get ### shots per level, but can pay to have unlimited ammo! (like every game always had ever for the basic gun)

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Maybe it's time that sth like Mighty No 9 also happens for our beloved Slug series.

There must be someone capable out there.

How about NGDEV would do a kickstarter for a new sluglike game? Would there be enough support from the community? Or are we to niche for that and only their pre-order thing "works"?