Why is ReplicaX such a dick to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I've never met this guy, or sold him anything. No matter what or where I post, he is right there to shit on it. :oh_no:

Dude seriously chill out and get the fuck off my balls! kthxbi :very_ang:

Maybe its because you're worthless, subhuman scum.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
It’s probably going to be decriminalized across most of the country in our lifetimes FFS.

I don't think this is relevant. Even if marijuana was legal throughout the whole country many of the same employers would still test for it. Employers still drug test in Colorado and Washington. Another example, many safety or security sensitive jobs randomly test for alcohol use.

powerflower

Banned
No I have the job, as a temp. I stopped smoking, passed a drug test, background check, everything to get it.

While working, and doing a kick ass job I might add... I was asked to switch to full time, a offer they only made to 3 out of 12 temps. The offer also included a 5,000 a year raise and permanent benefits like vacation earned and health/dential.

I say "Yea where do I sign?" Then they say we need you to pass another test. I was setup to take the test after working that very shift. My shift ends, I enter the place to give my sample... I take it. I know I'm pretty much fucked at this point, I was just smoking that very weekend... As anyone who was at a certain Neo Gathering can confirm. When I got home, I talked with my wife about it.. She insisted that if I tested dirty they would fire me for sure. "A job is better than no job!"

Now I know the place who collected the sample isn't connected to my work by anything but paper, and the test results won't be ready for days. So the very next day early, I inform my supervisor that I was very sorry but dew to my situation I would be withdrawing my application and remain a temporary.

He seemed very puzzled by this, seems no one had ever turned them down before. But I'm still working, every shift since, and I haven't heard shit about it. Life continues like before...

That is the full honest story, seem some wild tales about me have formed on Slashchat...

I don't know if I should be honored that I'm still mentioned around that place? Surely even the likes of DK must have better things to do with his time?

Hey, how about coming clean and then make that job thing test blupp happen again. There is a reason they wanted to bring you into that position, you know;)

Fingers crossed for you:)

Maybe its because you're worthless, subhuman scum.
Y U so Nazi?

Trottelkinder these days...

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I don't think this is relevant. Even if marijuana was legal throughout the whole country many of the same employers would still test for it. Employers still drug test in Colorado and Washington. Another example, many safety or security sensitive jobs randomly test for alcohol use.

Some ppl have no idea about Companies and Liability Insurance man.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Some ppl have no idea about Companies and Liability Insurance man.

then there's federal compliance too, example FAA regulations requires drug testing for airplane manufacturing plants.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hey, how about coming clean and then make that job thing test blupp happen again. There is a reason they wanted to bring you into that position, you know;)
Because everyone makes mistakes. Luckily, Jassin made them aware of their mistake before it was too late.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
So the Blast City story...

Ken was awesome to deal with, but the shipping from Utah was insane! I payed 950$ for the cab (as CC stated above) but then a 600$ residential delivery/shipping fee. :P

I was living in Burlington Vermont (1:30 away from Montreal) at the time, and the only shipping company who would deliver was Estes.
They could basically charge whatever they wanted, no one else would deliver.

As for the death of the Nanao... It developed this issue where the longer it was left on the image stability would shake. It was doing this (solo no frame I might add) that led to the necking of the tube. A tube with heavy burn mind you, that still a loss, far from tragic event.

The Nanao died, I sold the power supply with I/O and jamma harness to someone else doing a restore.
Its just a shell at this point, I put the Omega or my PC (Mame) inside.

- Spent $1550 on a Blast City from Ken with Heavy burn-in.
- Pulled monitor and necked it aka destroying it.
- Gutted cab completely to a shell state and sold gutted parts off.
- Tossed TV in and rigged DB15 for an Omega.

Your money is your money Jassin. But this is honestly a long history with one cab and poor choices man. NAVL delivers across the US, even more so to major/minor cities. Quite honestly this isn't the first experience from Ken I've heard like this. Replacement monitors that can be used in a Blast aren't extremely hard to come by, especially a standard 29" size.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
The news of the Darksoft multi-CPS2 project got me so excited, I ordered my first A-board from Ebay (50$) and my first B-board from Scott (100$).

Again, your money. However, $150 + a potential $300+ for the Multi Board could have fixed your Blast...

Having no JAMMA cab atm, are you going to play this on a SuperGun? Please don't tell me you are going to Jerry-Rig this with a shitty Gonbes converter to the TV in your cab.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Again, your money. However, $150 + a potential $300+ for the Multi Board could have fixed your Blast...

Having no JAMMA cab atm, are you going to play this on a SuperGun? Please don't tell me you are going to Jerry-Rig this with a shitty Gonbes converter to the TV in your cab.

This should be Jassin's new sig

tNNhVut.jpg

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Guys smoking pot had nothing to do with the death of my Nanao monitor... Do you understand that?

I was looking into options to replace the chassis, as after it died I had about 3 months before I moved the bare tube and necked it (on the way to the basement).
The prices on a chassis replacement was near 300$... Thats 300$ to repair a tube with burn-in so bad you could see the SF life bars at all times even when it was off. I call that a bad investment.

So I started looking for another arcade monitor to put inside it, the first one I found that fit with the blast's bezel was the K7500 (Hitachi tube). I scooped it up for 50$, after about two months it also started having issues with horizontal size. I found Chad online back when I was trying to repair the 2930 chassis, so I sent it to him to be recapped/flyback replaced, the works.

When it came back everything was working great aside from one major issue I could never overcome with that chassis, its 24khz (medium rez) only! I had to use the UVC to convert everything, no matter what the original rez, to 512x240. This made stuff look like shit, no scanlines, unclean scales, you know the drill. So I started looking into other replacement options. When I found a 27" Sony Trinitron on Craig's for free, I figured why not test it...

I was blown away by how good it looked! Scanlines, proper res, sharpness that came much closer to the original Nanao then the K7500 ever did. I decased it and dropped it inside... Tube didn't fit with the bezel, I had huge 2" gaps at the top and bottom that I just couldn't live with. So I kept looking, I then found the Phillips for 25$ also on Craig's. That one fit near perfectly, only a tiny gap at the corners.

Is it arcade CRT quality? No of course not, its a TV which is at best a grade-B (likely lower) tube. Is it better then the K7500? Yes! Am I happy with it? Yea, I would still like a perfect looking Nanao... But I refuse to pay the kind of money they demand, having already dropped a ton of cash into owning this cab I'm done spending any more money on it PERIOD! Why didn't I sell it to Dec0 for 200$? Well the cab maybe "worth" 200$ because at this point the only original parts are the body and L/R speakers... I like it, I like to play with it, I spent more than 200$ on it, so to me its worth more.

No one has to like it, no one has to understand why I've done the things I've done when I had other options... But to suggest "drug abuse has killed my blast" is baseless and annoying to deal with. Poisoning my sales thread and getting it moved to the War Room took things too far. I'm sticking around until the CPS2 multicart is finished (looks like early December), then I'm off. Unlike DK, I won't be back once I go... This place is fucked, and I no longer want any part of it.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Guys smoking pot had nothing to do with the death of my Nanao monitor... Do you understand that?

I was looking into options to replace the chassis, as after it died I had about 3 months before I moved the bare tube and necked it (on the way to the basement).
The prices on a chassis replacement was near 300$... Thats 300$ to repair a tube with burn-in so bad you could see the SF life bars at all times even when it was off. I call that a bad investment.

So I started looking for another arcade monitor to put inside it, the first one I found that fit with the blast's bezel was the K7500 (Hitachi tube). I scooped it up for 50$, after about two months it also started having issues with horizontal size. I found Chad online back when I was trying to repair the 2930 chassis, so I sent it to him to be recapped/flyback replaced, the works.

When it came back everything was working great aside from one major issue I could never overcome with that chassis, its 24khz (medium rez) only! I had to use the UVC to convert everything, no matter what the original rez, to 512x240. This made stuff look like shit, no scanlines, unclean scales, you know the drill. So I started looking into other replacement options. When I found a 27" Sony Trinitron on Craig's for free, I figured why not test it...

I was blown away by how good it looked! Scanlines, proper res, sharpness that came much closer to the original Nanao then the K7500 ever did. I decased it and dropped it inside... Tube didn't fit with the bezel, I had huge 2" gaps at the top and bottom that I just couldn't live with. So I kept looking, I then found the Phillips for 25$ also on Craig's. That one fit near perfectly, only a tiny gap at the corners.

Is it arcade CRT quality? No of course not, its a TV which is at best a grade-B (likely lower) tube. Is it better then the K7500? Yes! Am I happy with it? Yea, I would still like a perfect looking Nanao... But I refuse to pay the kind of money they demand, having already dropped a ton of cash into owning this cab I'm done spending any more money on it PERIOD! Why didn't I sell it to Dec0 for 200$? Well the cab maybe "worth" 200$ because at this point the only original parts are the body and L/R speakers... I like it, I like to play with it, I spent more than 200$ on it, so to me its worth more.

No one has to like it, no one has to understand why I've done the things I've done when I had other options... But to suggest "drug abuse has killed my blast" is baseless and annoying to deal with. Poisoning my sales thread and getting it moved to the War Room took things too far. I'm sticking around until the CPS2 multicart is finished (looks like early December), then I'm off. Unlike DK, I won't be back once I go... This place is fucked, and I no longer want any part of it.

hook.jpg

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
squirrel2-781644.jpg
squirrel2-781644.jpg
squirrel2-781644.jpg
squirrel2-781644.jpg
squirrel2-781644.jpg
squirrel2-781644.jpg
squirrel2-781644.jpg
squirrel2-781644.jpg

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

tl;dr

fuck you

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
You are all over the place on this so I will respond accordingly.

I have not mentioned pot in this whole thread and every other thread I've responded to you.

Monitors summed up

You looked and went to all the wrong places. Nanao specific Chad is not a good resource. You had one right in Canton and someone I recommend all the time. Besides the fact we have so many resources here from members and their contacts.

Yea, I would still like a perfect looking Nanao... But I refuse to pay the kind of money they demand, having already dropped a ton of cash into owning this cab I'm done spending any more money on it PERIOD! Why didn't I sell it to Dec0 for 200$? Well the cab maybe "worth" 200$ because at this point the only original parts are the body and L/R speakers... I like it, I like to play with it, I spent more than 200$ on it, so to me its worth more.

You dropping all that cash into it from Ken to begin with was a poor choice and seemed an impulse buy. You are to blame for that as there were options out there besides Ken. You don't pass that on to another buyer, you eat it. The Cab is $200 or less at this point to a buyer period. People here are far more educated than CL and Ebayers and if they aren't they ask. DZ asked 3-4 ppl about your Blast. All experienced with them.

Poisoning my sales thread and getting it moved to the War Room took things too far.

I didn't poison your Sales Thread, I pointed out a rule broken in it. Afterwards I directed everything into this thread you created so the Blast thread and your sales thread were clean from me responding to you.

Remember who made this thread and also where it is.

wj3pJn5.gif

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
You are all over the place on this so I will respond accordingly.

I have not mentioned pot in this whole thread and every other thread I've responded to you.

You looked and went to all the wrong places. Nanao specific Chad is not a good resource. You had one right in Canton and someone I recommend all the time. Besides the fact we have so many resources here from members and their contacts.

You dropping all that cash into it from Ken to begin with was a poor choice and seemed an impulse buy. You are to blame for that as there were options out there besides Ken. You don't pass that on to another buyer, you eat it. The Cab is $200 or less at this point to a buyer period. People here are far more educated than CL and Ebayers and if they aren't they ask. DZ asked 3-4 ppl about your Blast. All experienced with them.

I didn't poison your Sales Thread, I pointed out a rule broken in it. Afterwards I directed everything into this thread you created so the Blast thread and your sales thread were clean from me responding to you.

Remember who made this thread and also where it is.

wj3pJn5.gif

Dude hes too fuckin high to read all that.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Unlike DK, I won't be back once I go... This place is fucked, and I no longer want any part of it.

I'll come up to MA to visit the cool people and I'll take a detour out of my trip to come slug you in the mouth you fucking scumbag...

...or put your head through that fucking cab you defiled in another one of your druggie hallucinations.

What happened Jassin, you thought the cab was alive, so you had to shoot it in the face? Then when you woke up you realized it was still a cab and you destroyed your monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.