Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I take it Sansa and Theon eventually meet up with Bran & Co in the next season right?

Hopefully...

I hate to say it...but there's not much left that I'm even remotely interested in for next season. Again, Arya's plotline may be interesting...although if it's anything like this season, it will be spit into 15 tiny 10 min chunks over the 10 episodes and basically accomplish little.

I'm not devoted enough to do it...but I'd love to see a breakdown of this season and how much time was spent on each subplot. I'm guessing Daenerys and her bullshit took up the largest slot of it. I think that was my largest disappointment of last night. The season finale is supposed to be a wrap-up and set-up. In some ways it was...but Daenerys looking at her fucking dragon for 15 min of a 1 hr show was just shit. It was a scene that had nothing to do with anything and simply wasted more time...as her plotline always does. Was it necessary to have a 12 min discussion between Jorah, Tyrion, Grey Worm and sir Idon'tgiveafuck? That isn't season finale material...that was barely mid season time filler material.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm not devoted enough to do it...but I'd love to see a breakdown of this season and how much time was spent on each subplot. I'm guessing Daenerys and her bullshit took up the largest slot of it. I think that was my largest disappointment of last night. The season finale is supposed to be a wrap-up and set-up. In some ways it was...but Daenerys looking at her fucking dragon for 15 min of a 1 hr show was just shit. It was a scene that had nothing to do with anything and simply wasted more time...as her plotline always does. Was it necessary to have a 12 min discussion between Jorah, Tyrion, Grey Worm and sir Idon'tgiveafuck? That isn't season finale material...that was barely mid season time filler material.

This, right here, is why the show has lost its way.

It's so fixated on making sure Tyrion, among others, chews scenery at the expense of more important narratives that NEED further detailing and exposition.

Like, you know, what's happening in the North.

If they ever filmed a 'true to the book' version of what's happening at The Wall, you wouldn't even recognize it. It's not even remotely the same story.

So much of the first four seasons is built on how the books did it that this last season didn't even feel like the same TV show to me. You can tell that without a strict blueprint to follow, the showrunners have been exposed. They're tracers.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This, right here, is why the show has lost its way.

It's so fixated on making sure Tyrion, among others, chews scenery at the expense of more important narratives that NEED further detailing and exposition.

Like, you know, what's happening in the North.

If they ever filmed a 'true to the book' version of what's happening at The Wall, you wouldn't even recognize it. It's not even remotely the same story.

So much of the first four seasons is built on how the books did it that this last season didn't even feel like the same TV show to me. You can tell that without a strict blueprint to follow, the showrunners have been exposed. They're tracers.

Which honestly amazes me...

I'm just a casual viewer...and I'm pretty sure I could have found far better ways to kill time given the GoT world that is available. Of this season's plots I gathered:

-The wall...slow and boring (save episode 9)...nothing much to say on this one, not impressed.

-King's landing...actually entertaining. While it was short, I enjoyed this plotline for the most part.

-Bolton plotline...satisfying. I can't complain much. The line concerning the Bolton's was pretty decent.

-Jamie Lannister timeline...crap, what little there was of it. Anticlimactic and in the end, too little, too late. Very poorly done...

-Arya's timline...again...not much here, what was there was rushed and in the end...too little, too late...very disappointed with this one.

-Daenerys timeline...*yawn*...huh? Sorry, dozed off there for a second. They should just rename season 6 as "Daenerys...LOL..." This should be on the cover of the Blu Ray set printed on one of those stupid lenticular image stickers:
dragon_zpsfmdurhwz.gif

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Smokehouse, you need to stop watching this show. You complain about it way too much. Or do you enjoy it and just want to complain for the hell of it?

I mean, I quit walking dead because I felt like I just complained too much. People shouldn't feel inclined to continue watching shows they don't enjoy.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Smokehouse, you need to stop watching this show. You complain about it way too much. Or do you enjoy it and just want to complain for the hell of it?

I mean, I quit walking dead because I felt like I just complained too much. People shouldn't feel inclined to continue watching shows they don't enjoy.

I like to bitch...

In the end, I enjoy it more than I don't.

Daredevil on the other hand? Shit. Watched 4 episodes and gave up on it...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Is Jon Snow really dead?
Is Stannis really dead?
Is Sansa dead?
Is Theon dead?
Is Ayra blind?
Was Daenyres pack raped?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Is Jon Snow really dead?
Is Stannis really dead?
Is Sansa dead?
Is Theon dead?
Is Ayra blind?
Was Daenyres pack raped?

WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGONBALL ZZZZZZZZZZ TO FIND OUT

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Is Jon Snow really dead?
Is Stannis really dead?
Is Sansa dead?
Is Theon dead?
Is Ayra blind?
Was Daenyres pack raped?

Is Jon Snow really dead?-Probably but likely not permanently. The latest book ended with him suffering a similar fate.
Is Stannis really dead?-Unknown. In the book, Stannis has yet to storm Winterfell and actually captured Theon when he escaped from Bolton.
Is Sansa dead?-Come on, man. Would they have jumped if there was no chance to survive? And if there's a chance they survived, don't you think they would? BTW in the book, Sansa was never at Winterfell during this part.
Is Theon dead?-See above.
Is Ayra blind?-Yes.....
Was Daenyres pack raped?-Unknownn. The book ended the same way, basically. Probably not pack raped, though.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Now would be a really good time to publish the next book

theMot

10 Year Member
Is Jon Snow really dead?-Probably but likely not permanently. The latest book ended with him suffering a similar fate.

I was reading this:

Think all the way back to season three, when most of the Starks were still alive and we still approached this show with a skerrick of optimism. As part of Arya’s storyline, we were introduced to the characters Thoros and Beric. Thoros was a Red Priest, like Melisandre, and he demonstrated an ability to bring Beric back from the dead.

It’s curious that Melisandre returned to Castle Black just before Jon was murdered, particularly when the writers have previously gone out of their way to show a Red Priest resurrecting someone.

Along that line of thought, it should be noted that we spent a good chunk of time this season exploring Melisandre’s fascination with Jon. She asked about his virginity (awkward), tried to seduce him, and threw more than a few prolonged stares his way. Those scenes are bolstered by even more detail in the books. Why would Martin, Benioff and Weiss expend such time and energy on that sort of subtext if Jon were just going to die anyway?

Makes sense to me. Maybe he gets revived and takes back Winterfell.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'd love to see John Snow revived...and free from his Night's Watch bondage.

Hard telling if this will happen or not...but it would be very interesting so see his plot line finally leave the wall. His joining the wildlings, ripping the fuck out of the men who killed him and becoming the real protector of the realm would be awesome.

One can dream...

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
As a white walker....
zomg.gif

Kinda has Kit Harrington's shitty hair too.

Most of themot's questions are answered if you've read the books but the general consensus is that Snow won't stay dead (for the aforementioned reasons), Stannis will (because his story is over... dead wife and kid, abandoned by his men and his firecrotch witch, the only character that could've potentially resurrected him) and Daenerys is about to get a full-on Dothraki bukkake provided a dragon doesn't show up to save the day.

Honestly, I don't get what all of the bitching is about. Game of Thrones has always been a glorified soap opera where every episode is a series of short vignettes that slightly advances a plotline or builds on a character that inevitably leads to someone's murder/rape/horrible disfigurement. I totally understand if that's not your thing or if you get sick of that style after a while but I've never understood people who complain about half-finished stories or something differing from the source material, particularly in this case as the books aren't done yet (so you don't know how Martin would've done things that haven't happened) and the ones that are out are mind-numbingly boring and completely unfilmable for large sections. A direct translation of the books would've been cancelled three seasons ago.

I mean it's the internet so complaining about unimportant minutia is why we're here and I haven't liked everything that's happened in GoT. I just don't get the vitriol and bile when you can just stop watching.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Kinda has Kit Harrington's shitty hair too.

Most of themot's questions are answered if you've read the books but the general consensus is that Snow won't stay dead (for the aforementioned reasons), Stannis will (because his story is over... dead wife and kid, abandoned by his men and his firecrotch witch, the only character that could've potentially resurrected him) and Daenerys is about to get a full-on Dothraki bukkake provided a dragon doesn't show up to save the day.

Honestly, I don't get what all of the bitching is about. Game of Thrones has always been a glorified soap opera where every episode is a series of short vignettes that slightly advances a plotline or builds on a character that inevitably leads to someone's murder/rape/horrible disfigurement. I totally understand if that's not your thing or if you get sick of that style after a while but I've never understood people who complain about half-finished stories or something differing from the source material, particularly in this case as the books aren't done yet (so you don't know how Martin would've done things that haven't happened) and the ones that are out are mind-numbingly boring and completely unfilmable for large sections. A direct translation of the books would've been cancelled three seasons ago.

I mean it's the internet so complaining about unimportant minutia is why we're here and I haven't liked everything that's happened in GoT. I just don't get the vitriol and bile when you can just stop watching.

It's because people are emotionally attached to the story. It's not easy for many of them to just 'stop watching' without having their say. Not everyone can be so nonchalant about a story they've bonded to. Honestly, it's fairly easy to understand why people bitch about the show and there's absolutely nothing wrong with bitching about it. You may consider it a waste of time but it's not your time to waste now, is it?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's because people are emotionally attached to the story. It's not easy for many of them to just 'stop watching' without having their say. Not everyone can be so nonchalant about a story they've bonded to. Honestly, it's fairly easy to understand why people bitch about the show and there's absolutely nothing wrong with bitching about it. You may consider it a waste of time but it's not your time to waste now, is it?

I think a little perspective is a good thing.

This season of ice and fire has not been bad. People are just getting emotionally sucked into some bad vibes peoples.

To be perfectly fair, the season has made Dorne interesting. They ignored the borefest of Victarion's ship. Bran got a new new love interest in Dorne. And we didn't have to deal with crippled Bronn turning into a fucking tree. Ending with Lena Heady naked was nice too. I like her. It's been a while since I finished the books, but the past season seems to have been a good effort. I have to admit that I like Jamie more in the show than in the books, and Aria less in the show than in the books, but otherwise I feel like the notes are being properly hit.

And remember, the books were not perfect. Not even close. So much drudgery in the last 2.

theMot

10 Year Member
Bran got a new new love interest in Dorne. And we didn't have to deal with crippled Bronn turning into a fucking tree.

Bran is the one who wants to turn into a tree. Bronn is the one who needs "bad pussy" in Dorne.

Last edited: