Why does nobody like SS3?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Thats the shitty thing with this lag, is everything is split second. I mean you gotta literally mash shit to get something going. I play only with a kb, so that doesnt help the situation..

I agree though, alot of people on Kaillera suck mad ass, why they play some games is beyond me.
Although some of the best matches I have had were in ss4 are at the mini cade here. Which is strange since im not fond of it, I am a fucking master with ukyo in ss4.

People who use amakusa jump and I rush to the other side, my style with him in 4 is extremely confusing. I got good by playing other people. I recall this one good Sogetsu user I beat, but I was stuck with Gen, and when they start those projectile set ups with Sogetsu then you gotta be extra careful.

Alot of people are just defend/counter in ss4, but im entirely different. I use a bust ukyo and I am set for 4.
My rush in c is great for someone falling, I like to dash back and counter shit with his qcf a/c, but very rarely is it useful, they have to be like running at you for that to have any effect.

Ukyo lost alot of great moves in ss4 as opposed to 3..

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hah I love the sound genjuro makes on his HCB+C

*deep exhale*

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Hey, anyone have any tips for Basara?

I always use him in this game(in Slash), and so far I've found his three main tactics are:

-jumping C (good priority)

-QCF+A,B, or C in air (for counter attacks)

-HCF+A throw (whenever opp. blocks)

Other tnan that, the basic dodge and pokes are all I can do, and most of the time I'm dashing around and airborne against the opponent. The computer seems to fall for the HCF + A throw after blocking a jump in slash most of the time though... :D

Its really tough to pull off his slow energy ball and attack teleport, and his after-images trick seems pretty useless. Also, I can never get the CPU with his DM...

Any advice?

<small>[ April 14, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Cnidarian ]</small>

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
SS3 annoys me beyond words.

However, EW and Deuce owned before in this subject, so I'll shut up.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Something really cool happened to me while I was playing SS3 last night (if this has been pointed out before, I apologize)

Both my (Shizumaru) and my opponent's (Galford) life bars were red in the 3rd stage... Background changed to eeriely silent waterfall... 03 seconds left on the timer... I jump and do a hard slash, Galford did some sort of high damage countering move, and we both died... Double KO...

Here's the interesting part.

Another round starts (the 4th), but this time it's the alternative background from the start, and the timer is only set to 30 sec.

I won, BTW...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
tsukaesugi:
[...] Here's the interesting part.

Another round starts (the 4th), but this time it's the alternative background from the start, and the timer is only set to 30 sec.

I won, BTW...
Yeah, that's Samsho 3's version of "sudden death"! :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Live thread, liiiive ..

Finally managed to chain bust Haoh's DM.. so,

ff+B,dp+D,b,hcf+CD

I didn't count how many hits, I was too busy being satisfied by the combo engine. :)

But I know it *hurt*

tsukaesugi

kernow:

ff+B,dp+D,b,hcf+CD
Pardon my ignorance, but what does the notation 'dp' mean?

I'd like to try that out as well...

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
tsukaesugi:
kernow:

ff+B,dp+D,b,hcf+CD
Pardon my ignorance, but what does the notation 'dp' mean?

I'd like to try that out as well...
People use that short for Ryu's "Dragon Punch" (f,d,df) pretty stupid if you ask me.

Giby

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I normally use "z" to denote a 'dragon punch'. The joystick motion is easiest explained to move the stick in a 'z' motion. so z+d would mean f,d,df+d

<small>[ April 17, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Magnaflux ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
tsukaesugi:
Something really cool happened to me while I was playing SS3 last night (if this has been pointed out before, I apologize)

Both my (Shizumaru) and my opponent's (Galford) life bars were red in the 3rd stage... Background changed to eeriely silent waterfall... 03 seconds left on the timer... I jump and do a hard slash, Galford did some sort of high damage countering move, and we both died... Double KO...

Here's the interesting part.

I won, BTW...
Those critical event are one of the best parts of SSIII that didn't properly get carried over into SSIV.

Check out the critical event on Basara's stage. certain images move in an out, under a spotlight effect. The images are of demons tearing humans apart.

Imagine how many people might have played SSIII for years and never realized they were subconsciously registering images of that level of violence. wink

I also love the critical event for Kyoshiro's stage, although his stage is absolutely one of the most detailed and beautiful stages ever made.

Another one I like is Ukyo's, where the stage seems to shift into twilight with fireflies.

There's always something about SSIII to make me happy.

tsukaesugi

EvilWasabi:
Check out the critical event on Basara's stage. certain images move in an out, under a spotlight effect. The images are of demons tearing humans apart.
EW, you've got a good eye for detail.

Yeah, those images are from an actual series of woodblock prints about the Buddhist Hell. I can't remember the name, or the artist, sorry...

Kyoshirou's alternate stage also has a huge goblin spider, probably also from a woodblock...

@Giby, thanks for the info.

Never heard a 'shoryuken' called a 'dp' before, now I know...

and now I wanna try out that combo.

<small>[ April 17, 2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: tsukaesugi ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Master Giby:
kernow:
why's it stupid?

what would you use?
I use f,d,df. Not everyone knows what DP means so I never use it.

Giby
I started my fighting journey with SFII WW, so DP is part of my lingua prima.

Sometimes I use the term UC instead. But really, a lot of people just can't be expected to get it no matter how many ways you put it.

DP
UC
f,d,df

The important thing is that people eventually catch on to the functions we've created so that we don't have to write out f,d,df, and just get away with the shorter dp.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Master Giby:
kernow:
why's it stupid?

what would you use?
I use f,d,df. Not everyone knows what DP means so I never use it.

Giby
meh, just makes your combo's look more difficult to read IMOOOO

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
woot

standing B,hcf+D,ff+B,dp+D,dp+C or

standing B,hcf+D,ff+B,dp+D,b,hcf+CD = death? not succeeded yet :(

fuck using numbers..

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ass, can't do it at present

but Haoh's BC 'sorta' chains into a standing B when he lands.. meh

BC,B,hcf+D,ff+B,dp+D,.. then I can't get anything on the end. :(

B,hcf+D,ff+B,dp+D,dp+C I've done .. twice maybe

aiming for B,hcf+D,ff+B,dp+D,b,hcf+CD for the DM, then maybe a BC in front. meh I tried for an hour frown

<small>[ April 17, 2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: kernow ]</small>

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
I really don't know where you all get this "Samurai Showdown 3" is to difficult thing as far as the computer is concerned. I beat the game probably the 6th time I played it with Shizamaru.

I will say though that when you get 2 players that know what they are doing those mega damaging combos can be a pain in the ass. You start wondering if you're playing Samurai Showdown or Bushido Blade.

Personally although I don't mind 3, I think 2 conventions allow for better gameplay in general. I don't feel like going into a heated debate, a lot of people agree with me.

Btw, I'm setting up a samurai showdown tourney on Kaillera if anyones interested email me at digirox@totallycracked.com

UnCauzi
<a href="http://www.totallycracked.com" target="_blank">http://www.totallycracked.com</a>

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Grrr I have mine set to hardness 1 and still it is way to hard for me! I hate how the computer takes like three hits to kill you, but you will be slashing / stabing / busting supermoves on him with no remorse, but still you will die :mad:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
pyrokilla:
Grrr I have mine set to hardness 1 and still it is way to hard for me! I hate how the computer takes like three hits to kill you, but you will be slashing / stabing / busting supermoves on him with no remorse, but still you will die :mad:
Not sure what you're talking about. I beat the game last night at level 8 with Galford.

I can take Amakusa at least to Kuroko on level 8, and that's not by low kicks either.

tsukaesugi

To be honest, I'm starting to think SS1 is more difficult. I spent the evening playing that, and I couldn't get anywhere near Amakusa, I kept running out of credits about three matches before him. (I was drinking, mind you)

SS3 I've cleared 3 times now in the week since I've bought it.