Why can't SNKP....

neosnk

n00b
Hi guys was thinking that why can't SNKP completely reboot there games,Just look what Capcom did with Street fighter 4 and WB did with new Mortal kombat back to its roots and core gameplay...graphics are amazing!
I think SNKP has lost there touch,Why aren't they trying new game engines.Just imagine how awsome Fatal fury or KOF look if they will make them just like SF4 or new mortal kombat...Juss miss old SNK!
What do you guys think share your thoughts on this.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Hi guys was thinking thay why can't SNKP completely reboot there games,Why aren't they trying new game engines.Just imagine how awsome Fatal fury or KOF look if they will make them just like SF4

Whose fake account is this?

I wanna know who to blame for SPIN's head imploding.

King of Crankyank Fighters?

No. Thanks.

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
OMG :lol:

The Title of this thread should be called - WHY CAN'T SNKP JUST HURRY UP AND DIE! Have they even got any money to remake any classics? I don't think so since they laying off employee's.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hi guys was thinking thay why can't SNKP completely reboot there games,Just look what Capcom did with Street fighter 4 and WB did with new Mortal kombat back to its roots and core gameplay...graphics are amazing!
I think SNKP has lost there touch,Why aren't they trying new game engines.Just imagine how awsome Fatal fury or KOF look if they will make them just like SF4 or new mortal kombat...Juss miss old SNK!
What do you guys think share your thoughts on this.

You're comparing SNKP to Capcom but should be comparing SNK to Capcom. Too bad SNK no longer exists because that's where all the talent was, not SNKP.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
because it's not cheap to reboot.
I'm pretty sure all they can afford is KoF right now.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Hyper Neo 64 was an attempted reboot.

KOF Maximum Impact was an attempted reboot.

These things don't always work out.

MK: Deadly Alliance was an attempted reboot.

etc etc

just good timing on the market and SNK hasn't tried yet.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
A high definition Metal Slug would be good, re-drawn like the Hard Corps: Uprising (aka Contra) on Xbox 360 live

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I wish Capcom would buy out SNKP and take control of their IP's.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It wouldn't. Capcom lost their finesse just like SNK. I haven't even played my SF4 yet. Its just sitting on my shelf still. It wasn't a reinventing like 3S was.

SNK had some great innovations. I wish SNKP would follow that tradition.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's hard to hit a homerun in this day and age.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
It wouldn't. Capcom lost their finesse just like SNK.

I hear you there, but what company would be a better suitor? EA? Activision? Maybe someone could resurrect LJN?

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
It wouldn't. Capcom lost their finesse just like SNK. I haven't even played my SF4 yet. Its just sitting on my shelf still.

This.

I think I played my copy like once, got to Seth, and never put it back in again.....and that's coming from someone who used to beat KOF '94 and '96 on a regular basis.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
The art direction in SF-4 gets on my nerves so badly that I can’t really enjoy the game. It’s like the bastard child of Street Fighter and Masters of the Universe. Seriously, Ken is He-Man in a red Gi; the shit’s disturbing. Of course, I also feel the pace of the game is a step backwards from what was accomplished ten years prior.
I’ve got a ton of respect for Capcom, but their ‘reinventions’ aren’t far removed from an already gorgeous girl being completely ruined by a tit-job. I also probably won’t ever forgive them for refraining form putting Haggar in a fighting game for years despite fans’ pleas, only to drop him into that fucked up, rainbow-vomit-explosion they call Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I mean, there’s dropping the ball, and then there’s kicking it into the Grand Canyon.
I prefer to think of SNK for their charm, and the handful of truly great achievements. A bit of sanctity never hurt.