Who has a consolized MVS system?

neogodzilla

New Challenger
I have owned my neo geo cd since the first day it was released in the u.s. and have loved it to death since day one (have about 50 games now). I have been missing out on alot of the never games and alot of the good fighting games that are out there so i have decided it is time to get an mvs set-up. I'm just looking for some info on these consolized mvs systems that alot of people have. Are you happy with them, have you had any problems, do you wish you would have gone a different route, are there any disadvantages to these? These are pretty much just plug and play like any other home system correct? Also how much should i expect to pay for a nice consolized mvs with some good features. Thanks for any input you guys can give me.

THE FN SHOW

Armored Scrum Object
i have a consolized 2 slot and i love it...the only problem i have is that baseball stars 2 always occupies i slot :D so i only have one slot left...i'm looking for a consolized 4 slot next.

bones

Crazed MVS Addict
I've got one, and yes, it's plug and play. If you get a consolized 2 slot they come with standard controller ports that work with AES/Neo Geo CD controllers. Mine cost $550, I've seen them as high as $700ish. A used one sold recently for $425. Definitely a good investment. If you're in to Metal Slugs at all MVS is the way to go for cheap(er) carts ;)

bones

Crazed MVS Addict
Neo Ash said:
Meh...$700 IMHO would be better spent on a MVS cab.

Depends if you'd rather be in front of a TV or arcade cabinet. I like both, so I've got a MVS cab and consolized MVS :multi_co:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
I have a matt black consolised 4-slot with Unibios. Until the dipswitch broke I had never spent so much time playing on one single machine. I have bought the entire KOF collection over the past 2 months. It has Neo-Geo stickers exactly the same as my avatar and I have also fitted credits LEDs and a memory card reader and I'm in the process of constructing a kind of header marquee so I get the light-up panels for the games I'm playing. Do not hesitate to rip off the arm of the next person who has one for sale. Just make sure you can acccept RGB via your TV or monitor or you'll have to make do with S-VHS.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
The one problem I have with most consolized systems is that they are too open, the board is exposed etc. But I did want a consolized MVS so I went with the MV-1C for its small form factor and good compatibility and fit it into a Neo Geo CD case (pics/description - http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88505 ). Similar consolizations have been done with the Sega Saturn, you can see them at http://www.sgrepository.com/modules/xoopsgallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=consoles

Another thing to consider is if you are going to use this board for a consolization is that it will be a bitch to install a uni bios in it, so if you don't have the skills to solder it on (or know someone that can do it for you) it is probably best not to go this route. You also have to wire the controler ports, though to me this is no a big deal.

As far as cost, I also spent alot less than $550 on this machine. Probably around $300, but I put it together myself. I would think that you could do a 2 slot for about the same maybe a bit more than $300 if you did it your self.

MarcoRossi

Zero's Secretary
Count me in - I got one, and it´s my mostly used console so far. Supergoose79 from this boards built it for me.

Here are some pics:

My consolized MVS

I prefer a consolized MVS to a cab. Saves much space in your gaming room.

MarcoRossi