White screen on MV-1 motherboard

jsbonge

n00b
I hooked up my MV-1 motherboard to my super gun after not having used it for a year. When I turn it on, I get a mostly black and white mosaic, then the screen goes completely white. I have cleaned my cartridges and the cartridge slots on the motherboard, but I still have the same problem. It behaves the same way whether there is a game catridge inserted or not. The LED on the motherboard does light when the power is on. I have tried my supergun with other PCB's and they all work fine. I am only having a problem with my MVS board. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Freelancer

Banned
jsbonge said:
I hooked up my MV-1 motherboard to my super gun after not having used it for a year. When I turn it on, I get a mostly black and white mosaic, then the screen goes completely white. I have cleaned my cartridges and the cartridge slots on the motherboard, but I still have the same problem. It behaves the same way whether there is a game catridge inserted or not. The LED on the motherboard does light when the power is on. I have tried my supergun with other PCB's and they all work fine. I am only having a problem with my MVS board. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like what happened to my MV-1F, except I get a mostly yellow screen.

jsbonge

n00b
The 5 volt measures right on 5 volts. The 12 volt measures only 11.7 volts. I am using a cheap PC power supply with a JROK board for my supergun.

I never get the screen that is almost completely green with a small mosaic area. Could this mean that somthing happened to my bios chip?

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
I have this same problem, keep getting a white screen. I'm using a 1-Slot MV-1C in a cab.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I dont think its a bios issue but I could be wrong.

Raz

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
just a bit more info to help kaedesblade out.

this mv-1c worked fine on my massystems supergun, but outputs the white screen on his candy cab.

would having a cab wired in stereo cause this sort of problem for a mono board? his mv-1f works fine whether the switch is set to mono or stereo.

help out a good buyer here, please.

jsbonge

n00b
I tried setting the dip switches all on and all off, but it didn't make a difference. I have cleaned the slots and games again as detailed in hardMVS. I can see a change in the screens now when the carts aren't inserted fully, but it always ends up with the full white screen. I'm thinking now that it might be a connection problem between the games and the motherboard. I hate to give up on this MV-1, because it has support for the memory card and stereo output.