Get mvs

Slug 1 mvs $40
Slug 2 mvs $45
Slug X mvs $70
Slug 3 $70
Slug 4 mvs $90
Slug 5 mvs 4150

Thats not so unreasonable is it.
I dont have any neo stuff left but one day i will buy mvs again and all these games

set2134

New Challenger
Slug 3 for me, I did really enjoy slug 5 just seemed to be over very quickly compared to 3

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hey, I was wondering if the NGCD version of MS2 still had the slow down, or did they fix it? I enver played the NGCD version.

After having Slug X for a week, I'd like to replace my MS3 vote for MSX. This game kicks my ass more than MS3. Its faster, has 6 levels, better bosses, enemies to kill everywhere, more super-weapons, more firebomb, just more shit, plus my jaw dropped @ the final boss, the sequence that followed, and its unswerving parallel with one very popular and expensive scifi/action/comedy movie one July 4th...

Thanks, and have a good day.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
every time i put a metal slug game on, i end up changing my mind which one is the best.... :help:

nothing beats the originality of the 1st slug tho

slug 4 is definately the weakest

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
xtoo_short20x said:
Metal Slug X ownz them all.

I don't know what is it with you people and Metal Slug 3?
can someone please enlight me as to what is so good
about these zombie & mutant fest aka circus?

MSX
MS1
MS2
MS3 & MS4

MS5?

Its amazing you & I actually agree on something X is king & 3’s overrated, do you think some people only rate 3 due to everybody else raving about it, & following the rest of the sheep, also mines the English release just for the record!

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
Voted for MS2, it's solid all the way through.
MS3 got annoying(last stage) and some parts became boring(stage 2).
X was a fucked up piece of crap, with stupid colors and messed up wack stages.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Harry_Hearttrob said:
Voted for MS2, it's solid all the way through.
MS3 got annoying(last stage) and some parts became boring(stage 2).
X was a fucked up piece of crap, with stupid colors and messed up wack stages.

MS3
You mean the never ending last stage, on & on & on....thats sort of how it is in Dolphin Blue on the atomiswave, as for X it rocks!!! :buttrock:

Last edited:

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
Yes, that was pure hell. It became annoying and wasn't fun anymore. I thought it would never freaken end. Also, the part where whichever player you were using in the beginning , became a zombie and you had to excape from the ship. You had to shoot those 3 fucking lights for the doors to open while killing those bastards. That was a pain in the ass.

MS2 had the best ending too, very funny.

Yeah, Slug 3's last stage was pretty outrageous. I actually had to pause the game and let my finger recover from the beating :oh_no:

MSRdude

Super Sidekicks 3
i change my favorite MS game to Metal Slug Advanced seeing the prewiew, its hotter than any other MS game.

BTW, MS 5 suppposed to have the turtle and the shaman. someone figured out that the MS 5 that we have doesn't have them, BUT the MS 5 beta version has it, BUTTT its not released yet, and i will update when i get the info

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I'll agree with the poster that says, that their favorite slug changes a lot. Same for me. I think Metal Slug 3 is the one that's been my favorite, the longest. Though Slug 4 does sometimes creep in because of one subtle innovation that I like (and only score mongers can appreciate it). That combo system. Unless I find it is broken, later or something. I think that could be one of the most inventive ways to add a lot of flair to High Score competitions.

Metal Slug 3 had a little of that in the whole exponential coin collecting thing that required timing and position. MS4 kind of extended a bit of that aspect to the entire game. If I can get to the point where I can actually rescue hostages instead of dying at the boss and stuff, I may warm up quite nicely to 4. Sure, the paths are gone; but from a score-monger's point of view, MS4 has a very unique touch that adds a whole lot to Metal Slug, via the combo system. It could quite possibly have the best scoring system(one with limitless potential for beating whatever last high score was set). I heard that it doesn't exist in 5, though sliding does.

And by the way, I'm getting much better with the Final Stage of MS3. It's long, but it's quite decent because you learn it in sections. Just think of it as a combination of multiple levels and you can really break it down. That thought removes the annoyance factor, because it's really your skill and knowledge of the level, that is important. As you master each section, you need not worry about losing lives to get to the next. Next thing you know, you're at the halfway point before dying the first time. To me, it's no different than trying to beat Mission 1, 2, and 3, together.

(Haven't really played 5, so I can't comment on how it stacks up)

Needless to say, there isn't a Slug (I've played) I didn't like.

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
MSRdude said:
i change my favorite MS game to Metal Slug Advanced seeing the prewiew, its hotter than any other MS game.

BTW, MS 5 suppposed to have the turtle and the shaman. someone figured out that the MS 5 that we have doesn't have them, BUT the MS 5 beta version has it, BUTTT its not released yet, and i will update when i get the info

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
The original one is still the best and someway 'only one' to me.

It's not a SNK game, it's a NAZCA game. It has an unique attitude of its own, from graphics (greates in the whole series) to music, and can't be matched by the many sequels, which only tried to mimic the original IMHO.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Shito said:
The original one is still the best and someway 'only one' to me.

It's not a SNK game, it's a NAZCA game. It has an unique attitude of its own, from graphics (greates in the whole series) to music, and can't be matched by the many sequels, which only tried to mimic the original IMHO.

AGREED 100%

I was just saying the other day how incredible the first in the series is.. it stands WAY out over the rest, I also discussed with a friend how much of the other games is just slug1, and that nazca did all the work.

snk just made it progressively worse

and mega

well fuck you mega

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
kernow said:
snk just made it progressively worse

Yeah !

SNK did the whole 2, X and 3 with just one soldier ( with yellow uniforn variation ) and some diferent vehicles from the begining to the end of the game ! :)

Don't tell me you don't like to milk points on those mummies, Zombies, Aliens, mutants, insects, etc...

Metal Slug is awesome, but it sure lacks a little of something compared with X and 3.

Nonetheless, it's still lightyears over MS4 and 5.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
MSX and MS is where its at.

MS5=Blah
MS4= Blah
MS3= Circus
MS2= Inferior version of MSX

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nah I have to agree with kernow, the rest are great, but the amount of minute details in Slug 1 make it by far the best.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Nah I have to agree with kernow, the rest are great, but the amount of minute details in Slug 1 make it by far the best.

Perhaps it's the reason why it is the shortest of all the Slugs !

Slug 3 last mission takes more time to beat than the whole original MS !

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
the shortness is part of the beauty

also, alan smack bang in the middle, christ mission 3 is hard, perfection, perfect length, perfect difficulty

when playing last night I sailed through level 1 and 2, mvs level), then lost two lives on alan, then I sailed through 4 and 5, then died half way through mission 6.

I'm sure it was

a) Designed so that level 3 sorts the weak from the chaff, I see this the case often on shooters and such, 1+2 easy, 3 woah harder.

b) far out, but I think the order 1,2,3,4,5,6 should be 1,2,4,3,5,6 or 1,2,4,5,3,6, but then I thought about the hardness of the bosses and therefore cited it as bullshit. The actual levels are easier though.

or its me.

Slug1 has so much going on its crazy, wheres gemant when you need him?