Which Metal Slug is your favorite?

Which Metal Slug is your favorite?

• Total voters

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol...what is it with you Pollux, are you buying according to the end results or what?

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I liked one. When I first saw it at the pool hall I was hooked.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
lol...what is it with you Pollux, are you buying according to the end results or what?

This is the last one, aside from the championship round which will be the winner of each poll. Truly intense, I know. Thank me later.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It's always been the original for me. 2, X and 3 are all great as well, but it's the original that I used to play in the arcades as a kid, so the nostalgia puts it above the rest.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ms2 is my favourite. it used to be ms3, but over the years i find that ms2 is the one i play the most. i just love the visuals, level design,atmosphere and pacing of metal slug 2.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
My favorite Metal Slug is the one I like the most.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
MS 1... because it started it all. :drool_2:

Can't remember the last time I saw the AES one for sale...

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
1 for me. Amazing game that has held up well, and is still a blast to play today.

Does 6 not make the cut because it was on the Atomiswave hardware, and never made it to the AES? After the strangeness of 4 and 5, which Is where the series really seemed to lose its way, I found 6 to be a welcome return to form. It brought back that Metal Slug vibe and quirky charm and humor that 4 and 5 seemed to have lost.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
1 for me. Amazing game that has held up well, and is still a blast to play today.

Does 6 not make the cut because it was on the Atomiswave hardware, and never made it to the AES? After the strangeness of 4 and 5, which Is where the series really seemed to lose its way, I found 6 to be a welcome return to form. It brought back that Metal Slug vibe and quirky charm and humor that 4 and 5 seemed to have lost.

for me, the humour was never the selling point with the metal slug games. it was always the gameplay. and metal slug 5 plays very well imo. there for i really enjoy ms5.

i like metal slug 6 purely because ralf and clark are playable characters :buttrock:.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
3 is best of playing ...
1 is best of classic ...
The rest is ok ...

Ray

New Challenger
The original. Love the level design, and I always enjoyed fighting the Rebel army more than all the zany creatures in 2, X and 3. But really, you can't go wrong with any of these.

I like the direction 4 tried to go in, but unfortunately aside from the overly recycled sprites the level design is lackluster and the bullet-sponging bodies make it a lot more frustrating.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Look I love all of them and 1 is a classic adventure but 3 is what does it for me. 3 is epic as fuck.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Voted 1 because it just has a lot of charm to it and for me, never gets old.

I enjoy them all but 2 bums me out due to the god damn slow down.

X > 2

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
X > 2 for sure, you should try the 2 Turbo, it's a slight improvement, makes it way more fun, but X is still king.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I see some threads ask what is the best and others what is your favorite.

There's a big difference between the two.

I personally recognize that MS3 is the best in the series, but I personally enjoy MS2 more.

Fuck X.