Which Chars should be rehashed for 2003?

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
Well I know some of you will say "all" but seriously which ones need the most work.
I think they should:
- Take Kim, Terry, Yuri, Chang, Choi, Kyo, Iori, Rugal and Evil Iori's sprites out of CVS 2 and put them in Kof.
- Redo Ryo, maybe use the CVS2 sprite if they must but do something drastic like Terry in MOTW. Like lose the gi top and jsut give him the gi pants and tank top or something. Plus change that faggy stance they put him in for KOF put him back in his art of fighting stance.
- Give multiple cusotme disigns for characters with good alternate sprites like give Terry his MOTW and CVS2 look and Athena her new and old one and the CVS2 one.
- REHASH SHINGO!!!!!!!! He is my favorite char and a fan favorite in general, I think since Kyo has changed it wouldnbt be unreasonable for shingo to start idolizing some one else like K' for example, give him a modifyed sprite and MORE MOVES some of K's and give him a shingo only cartoony style wind up punch that would be about the same damage as Ralf's power punch.
- Geese and Rock and their CVS 2 srites.
- HEIDERN NEEDS A MAKE OVER

That is all what do you guys think?

<small>[ May 03, 2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Sickliquid86 ]</small>

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
Also Ryo's dragon kick needs to be assigned quarter circle back kick. I hat having to charge up for it.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
why are you so keen on the CVS2 sprites
I like the KOF ones but they come out WAYY to grainy like Terry in KoF 2001 eek_2 to grainy and drab, I think the CVS2 and MOTW sprites are more colordul and higher resolution. The same goes for most chars especially Chang eek! talk about pixelation, I cant spot any in CVS2 buttrock

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The sprites in CVS2 are EXTREMELY pixelated. They still look better because they are bigger and have more detail, but they are pixelated as well.

I think Shingo should just take Kyo's old costume altogether Black with the Sun symbol and the black gloves. Don't give Shingo flames...but give him Chi like every other fighter besides Kyo. Maybe Wild out his hair a little more.

Kyo and Terry both need to be completely redrawn with new costumes.

Iori needs a new costume as well.

I like your Ryo idea, so i'll add to it. Lose the top part of the Gi and replace it with a Tanktop. Keep the gloves he got this year and give him the dark colors he got in 2002 when you pick him with the D button. A button should be his 96 style flame punch, and the C button should throw his original 94 fireball.

Make Geese the boss for a year. Make Terry the main character that year and explain Geese's death through a detailed story...that way it can completely set up MOTW.

Drop Leona from the Ikari team and keep Heidern, or have Leona and Whip as their own team with one other person (maybe Blue Mary..she's a cop, right?)

That's all I can think about for now.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
I like your Ryo idea, so i'll add to it. Lose the top part of the Gi and replace it with a Tanktop. Keep the gloves he got this year and give him the dark colors he got in 2002 when you pick him with the D button. A button should be his 96 style flame punch, and the C button should throw his original 94 fireball.
Sounds pretty good to me although I think Ryo needs a downwards jumpkick like Grant, and a Standing power kick like maybe a Johnny cage style shadow kick plus some kind of grappling throw. Also he needs some sort of foot wear, I am thinking sandals instead of just going barefoot and as for his pants they should add a stripe going down wards. Beef up his gloves a bit too like shotokahn gloves. Oila! We now have a damn cool original looking Ryo make_fac

I think Shingo should just take Kyo's old costume altogether Black with the Sun symbol and the black gloves. Don't give Shingo flames...but give him Chi like every other fighter besides Kyo. Maybe Wild out his hair a little more.
Ya I think Kyo should get the black costuume sans the symbol, then he should lose the bandana and have looser hair like you said. He should wear the unifurm tight and have it half way buttoned up but then have a wife beater shirt on under it. So he is like a K'/Kyo wannabe. As for moves he needs a windup super punch, some sort of dinky fire ball with out the fire though, something real pathetic like Dan or Sakura in SFA3 :D and a new kick move I think 1/4 circle bottom right kick move that be kinda like Gato's in MOTW then he would lose his compusure in mid air and fall on his ass buttrock . Shingo rulez tickled

<small>[ May 04, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Sickliquid86 ]</small>

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Whoever made the sprite edits for KOF 2002 should be FIRED.He or she should have never been allowed to tamper with the character sprites unless they were going to administer a complete overhaul! With that being said,I would think that the characters have grown older with each year so I would edit RYO from KOF to look like his FFWA persona.Return Yashiro's face back to normal,return IORI's face back to normal(The filled in cheeks SUCK!!!! He's not supposed to have smooth fat face damnit!!!!!! THIS PISSES ME OFF TO NO END!!
CHANGE HIM BACK DAMNIT!! The sprite blending is soooo shitty!)
Can Choi and Chang have there original outfits, team back up with Yamazaki and return to their evil ways already?!? To have those two team up with Kim for so long is absurd!!! There are enough korean fighters to team Kim up with now like Jhun and the new girl or his eldest slacker son !! There you have two COOL new old TEAMS for the next tornament.
JUST RETURN THE CHARACTER SPRITES TO WHAT THEY WERE EOLITH IF YOU CANNOT IMPROVE OR OVERHAUL THEM!!! Somebody e-mail this to Playmore.
-BB

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yea, Yashiro went from a cool cat, to a monkey looking dude... they shouldnt have done anything but add a few frames of animation to him and do a bit more shading.

Bionic Lester

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'd like Terry to head towards his MotW version, but not all at once. For instance, keep his outfit the same, but give him the Buster Wolf. Or instead of that get rid of the hat and give him the MotW haircut and keep his moves the same, giving him MotW moves the following year.

ray_7

Which one needs to be rehashed you say?

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!

hell yeah...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ryo sprite from CvS2?

Yeah, suuuure... the ugliest version of Ryo ever, and you want to put it in a new KoF?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Sickliquid86:

- Take Kim, Terry, Yuri, Chang, Choi, Kyo, Iori, Rugal and Evil Iori's sprites out of CVS 2 and put them in Kof.
What drugs have you been on lately?

Giby

<small>[ May 07, 2003, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Master Giby ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Sickliquid86:
TERRY NEEDS NEW MOVES very_ang Damn You Playmore
Terry needs his old moves back. Not talking abotu special moves, but like his fw+A 2 hit punch into his standing C 2 hit punch into his firekick/powercharge into crack shoot into rising tackle should still work. Or was '98 5 years ago?

Iori needs a makeover. Has needed one for ages. He would look awesome if they just gave us him in his Another Striker outfit. Have him standing in front of his opponent with a cigarette in his mouth and his bass guitar case in hand, kind of like Ryu with his tote bag, and put it down and commence fighting.

Leona could use a makeover. She's always been one of my favorite characters. I'll take her any way I can, but I have to admit, KoF just isn't that fun to play when all the characters look exactly the same. I also hated the fact that turning into Orochi Leona has such a huge drawback. It would have been fine if the control was better when playing as O. Leona, but in '02, absolutely not. Jumping C attacks were impossible to connect. Her hit detection was a joke.

K'21

Kuroko's Training Dummy
want the boss team back and put iori in that trench coat he wore in whatever game it was and bring back the usa team for laughs

Neo Rave

n00b
Bring back Heavy D! He is a classic that should not be forgotten. While were at it, let's add other more obscure characters into the KOF mix.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
just have everyone from KOF 97 make a few subtractions like Benimaru and Goro, add some new faces, and give some of the characters new garbs

snkfever

Cheng's Errand Boy
Andy need his old costume back with MotW/SF3-like animation quality, Mai could get a more revailing outfit multi_co

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Terry needs his '99 movelist.

Andy is fine. I love his 2k2 incarnation, i can lay down some serious punishment with him.

Joe sprite needs updating.

Iori needs a new outfit, and he needs toning down. He's got so much fucking priority it's sick!

<small>[ May 21, 2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Plisken ]</small>