• Art Of Fighting 3

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I dun play dem games cuz 2 hard

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
AOF1 is my favorite, mainly for nostalgic purposes. It was the game I turned to when the Street Fighter II cab was getting gang raped.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
AOF 1 is my favorite, I used to play that game every day for a few months along with MK1 when our bowling alley got them in. I do prefer playing AOF2 these days out of all three games but AOF1 was really a technical marvel back then. Giant ass sprites, the zooming/scaling was ridiculous, and the minigames were fun too. Sadly the gameplay took a backseat to all of that, but it was still fun to try and figure out ways to beat the CPU.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I played a lot of 1 in the arcade so I side toward that. 2 didn't get a lot of love in the arcade and 3 I didn't get to play till I bought it on MVS.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Gameplay & control: AOF2
Intro, OST and demonstrating Neo Geo hardware power: AOF1

I can watch this intro all day long

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I love me some AoF, all 3 games are awesome. The first game gets the most play time from me by a fairly wide margin. It'd probably be AoF 2 if the AI wasn't so brutally unfair. 2p mode really makes AoF 2 shine, though.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
the first two always seemed to stiff and i didnt like size of the characters. AoF 3 seems kinda boring and some bs stuff is mixed in there. Not hating on ppls opinions just never was my cup of tequila

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Out of all the Neo Fighting games I played AOF1 is the manliest.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I remember the first time I saw 1, it was glorious. Then I wasted a quarter, struggling with the controls. 2 improved 1 in every way and I still enjoy today. Never bothered with 3.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I remember the first time I saw 1, it was glorious. Then I wasted a quarter, struggling with the controls. 2 improved 1 in every way and I still enjoy today. Never bothered with 3.

AOF1 came out when I was in college. Saw it on the game magazine, ordered it from Japanvideogames, played it day and night to practice :forw::back::downb::down::downf::forw::A: with 1/3 health bar..........

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
aof 2 - because it has the best overall design of the series & i love roberts stage (maybe because of the ferrari?!). but i still suck playing it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
AoF3 is a gem with one of the best music ever to be found in a fighter but I also love the first two. Big, bold and nasty, it screamed SNK in every pixel.

2 really shines in 2P. The 1P mode is kinda boring because it's all pattern-based, once you get them down you can play it with your eyes closed. I kinda like that in shmups but not in fighters.

Cg591

Rugal's Thug
Aof3 for its graphical beauty. I think the game play overall is best too. I just can't stand how long it takes to get off the ground.
Aof1 and aof2 are not very precise but 2 does have the best characters out of the series...

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
art of fighting 2 is one of my favourite neo games of all time, despite the crazy shit, broken ai . but that aside, i find the variety of moves available for each character very diverse and great, as well as the charismatic and highly likeable characters them selves. i also really enjoy the visuals and soundtrack. despite the broken gameplay, i still consider aof 2 to as good as fatal fury special and samurai shodown 2.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
AOF2 is my favorite due to it's blistering difficulty. I love the music, the backgrounds and the story. It's the perfect way to introduce someone to pain and suffering too.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Waiting for the "What's your favorite Fatal Fury" thread.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
AOF - I don't get to play against human opponents irl and AOF is a joy to play alone. It also sounds amazing. Fave.

AOF2 - AI put me off for life but the fortune teller/fairground stage is hands down one of my favourite backgrounds in a Neo game.

AOF3 - Whilst I'm not a big fan of how it plays, the atmosphere is incredible. The quiet street stage at night with the fireworks always resonated with me.

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
3 for the win. No contest.

AOF 1 hold nostalgic memories for me but 3 is amazing.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Difficult choice between 2 & 3. I love all three, though.

Arrrgh, can't choose. Maybe 2. I'll vote later.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I have no memories of playing 2 or 3 growing up. 3 for some reason does not appeal to me, so 1 out of nostalgia.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Played AOF2 the most, 3 has a special place in my heart because I managed to get the special Neo CD edition with Robert's coin :)