Where did you get your handle from?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Mine comes from my love of beat-em-ups, a chunky soup commercial, and from the KMFDM song "No Meat No Man."

(That's Beefy Hits)

I got my screen name here aping another old member of the First name and last initial.

Edit: Now that I think about it, my initial name on here was DigiPunk - which is obviously another way to say Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Pompous 14 year old me in 2003 thought it sounded cool. If I make new usernames at other sites now I don't use it.

edit: huh, neo-geo.com forums is the only place still alive with my moniker...go figure.

Last edited:

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
Alex Kidd in Miracle World was the first video game I ever played on the Sega Master System when I was 4 I believe. In retrospect it's not that great of a game compared to Sonic, Mario , Bonk's etc but it's still got that sentimental value for me.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I can't imagine the amount of shit you must have got in school - or your entire life - for your name being Rot.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was in a band called andsuchislife.

In september of 03 we broke up. I was 18.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
My name is Tom. I reversed the name and stuck "the" infront of it like a mad cunt. I then made the M a capital for visual effect.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Electric Grave

Myriad atomic specters transcend
From the goodness of earth and amen
Electric legion on a voyage way beyond the end, yes, the end
Invocation through a crystal coffin pipeline, yeah

One second in eternity
A lifetime in this grave

Electric grave
Soul and mind are saved
Colossal incantation
Human mushroom cloud

Ambassador of this mortuary condemned
Under a scythe, the silence of a din
Howling vortex begging repent for their sins, yes, their sins
Celebration of life we have found without them

Empires falling down
Our beauty shall reign

Electric grave
Soul and mind are saved
Colossal incantation
Human mushroom cloud

Press the final button now
See the melting man
Radiation madness
Earth snorted by Satan, yeah

From the electric grave
True believers saved
From the electric grave, yeah

From the electric grave
Astral stairs are paved
True believers saved

Snow blind, we burn, we meditate
Final vision of people fading away
Together our souls will join minus hands
No promise but we shall find our land, oh yeah
From the last nightmare

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
First name, second name written together with use of small letters to emphasise humility.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I can't imagine the amount of shit you must have got in school - or your entire life - for your name being Rot.

You get use to it... My favs are:

Rot_weiller
Rot_ten...
Wet_Rot

Meh... My sister calls me SC_Rot_Bags...

xROTx

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
My favorite coffee shop when I lived near Amsterdam was called Rokerij, roughly translating to smoke house in Dutch, taken from the word roker which means smoker.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Pompous 14 year old me in 2003 thought it sounded cool. If I make new usernames at other sites now I don't use it.

edit: huh, neo-geo.com forums is the only place still alive with my moniker...go figure.

You are younger than I thought you were...

Moving on, it was a dumb, old joke from work when someone called me Smokehouse because of "all my hangin' meats". I had told the owner of the company to go fuck himself (over who knows what) in front of everybody, once the owner walked off, an older guy called me "Smokehouse" and told me why. I found it amusing and used it on different forums as a sign in name.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Been using it as my gamer handle online since '98 - Counter strike, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch.

Plus I've always appreciated the story of Faust.

The old drummer from Emperor before he was incarcerated; early Emperor were second to none.

It sounds cool.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Fuck me guys, mine is simply my name.

whoa whoa WHOA

Is it Lachlan or Iachlan

mind blown here

what kind of fucking name is that

also, congrats on not making a worthless thread, Greg you fucking idiot

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Lived in Wyoming and drove a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 when I started using it. Too lazy and unimaginative to change it 10+ years later.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
My name is Steve, I meant to put SteveNK, ingeniously getting both my name and SNK in there, but I fucked it up so now it's understandable if someone thinks my name is Steven and my surname starts with a K, which it doesn't.

Winner.

Lived in Wyoming and drove a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 when I started using it. Too lazy and unimaginative to change it 10+ years later.

When I started at uni everyone was given an almost random jumble of letters as a sign in on the communal computers, which they were supposed to immediately change when they first accessed. 16 years later those random letters are still my one and only email address.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
whoa whoa WHOA

Is it Lachlan or Iachlan

mind blown here

what kind of fucking name is that

also, congrats on not making a worthless thread, Greg you fucking idiot

I would pay for you and Greg to have lunch together...

I would just sit and listen to the magic.

If you two ever find yourselves in central Illinois at the same time...look me up. Lunch is on me...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If you two ever find yourselves in central Illinois at the same time...look me up. Lunch is on me...

I'll keep you to your word until your dying day

and god knows Greg isn't one to skip a free lunch

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Ride dirt bikes and have a YZ125 and the number I threw on it was 926. So I just started using that on forums.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
From the Sega CD game Lunar the Silver Star. And just added in my first name.

Been using it since 1996 or so. Though there's some other character in England who was also using my screen name maybe 10 years ago

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
This is the only forum that I still use the name turboSage as my handle. I've changed it a few times in other places (_joshuaTurbo/turboStar)....

The name comes from my favorite game system (TurboGrafx-16) and a cool as hell character from the Turbo game "Beyond Shadowgate" I found the sage in the woods character to be really cool and had a great time beating the crap out of him after I completed a specific side quest.