What's Your Favorite Item in Your SNK Collection?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
True indeed…fam-true indeed! That era and the irl friendships forged, are some of the greatest things SNK related for me.

It's been too long. But true that. Still chat with some of our core fam to this day.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Currently I’d say the various Storm Collectibles line of Neo-Geo action figures I’ve been collecting; specifically the World Heroes Perfect line.

Of the Neo-Geo fighting game series, World Heroes ain’t exactly the most fondly remembered. Discovering an action figure company actually making an action figure line for one of my personal favorite series speaks volumes to me.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Currently I’d say the various Storm Collectibles line of Neo-Geo action figures I’ve been collecting; specifically the World Heroes Perfect line.

Of the Neo-Geo fighting game series, World Heroes ain’t exactly the most fondly remembered. Discovering an action figure company actually making an action figure line for one of my personal favorite series speaks volumes to me.
I made the best World Heroes thread on this forum, enjoy yourself: https://neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/i-like-to-play-the-first-world-heroes.268763/

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I don't have any Neo stuff anymore aside from a few art books but when I still owned a home cart system it was probably my copy of KOF98. That was the first new release game I got. I already had a fair amount of carts but they were all cheap common older titles.

When I got my system in 97 I didn't know they were still making new games so getting it and finding out that a new KOF was coming out in a few moths was awesome. I ended up ordering it directly from SNK since I didn't really know about any niche retailers yet. It was also my first KOF and my first snap lock case game, so it checked a lot of boxes.

Not only was it really exciting to get a new release game but it turned out to be an incredible game with gorgeous cover art and that cool extra art book. It really felt like a premium product.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member

I missed the Hanzou figure - still banging my head for that as it seems to be sold out everywhere. It looks like a great design!

I do have Iori and Haohmaru, though, and have Ryo and K' on pre-order. Also snagged Demitri from Darkstalkers a while back. I love the Storm line for sure. Most of their figures are excellent, while some look a bit...odd? I really didn't like their Terry figure. They usually nail it, though!

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Probably my 2 slot CMVS. Most everything else I have cost money, while the CMVS cost a lot of time getting it just right, and was something I had wanted to build for over a decade. Ironically, I haven't actually played it much.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Probably my 2 slot CMVS. Most everything else I have cost money, while the CMVS cost a lot of time getting it just right, and was something I had wanted to build for over a decade. Ironically, I haven't actually played it much.
I loved my 2-slot CMVS, but I ended up selling it and getting an MV1C-based one instead.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Probably my MVS copies of Metal Slug and Neo Turf Masters.

The former because I felt awesome playing it on a supergun setup for the first time. I could hardly believe I was playing a game from the arcades on my TV, it got me hooked beyond a passing interest.

The latter, my brother would come by and we would sit down with a couple of beers and play NTM for hours, just chatting and hanging out. Great memories

I very much resonate with this experience.

I got my cheapo aliexpress 1-slot board going 2 years ago and I felt very similarly lol. Could not believe I was seeing the game run on real hardware, on a CRT. No emulation or anything.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
MVS SamSho II. I played It so much as a kid that the day I actually owned it and could play it for free as much as I wanted was a great memory.

VJP

New Challenger
My Garou MotW AES where a friend of mine didn't make sure that the manual was in the case when he closed it and since then it has a huge crease.
We have sooo many good memories with this game. It was constantly in use for tournaments and accompanied me to many GameNights.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Guess I'm one of the last people to post here. I too didn't want to say something until I knew what to say.

Most cherished Neo Geo item? Kinda hard to choose one. I don't have my first MVS cart anymore (an unremarkable WH2 loose cart), but I still have my first AES home cart that being NAM-1975 so probably that I'd say.

Problem is I've had a rotation of stuff over the years, buy this and sell that, lean MVS but then lean hard back to AES, so I don't necessarily have a lot of items I've kept for over a decade.

I need to learn to be happy with what I have.

Sammy/SNK-FAN

New Challenger
My AES Waku Waku 7. I love playing this game.

Attachments

• 86A7047D-F215-4E45-B502-C69A70F269CC.jpeg
    86A7047D-F215-4E45-B502-C69A70F269CC.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

doaal

Marked Wolf
My MVS 4 slot cab, that I don't own anymore. I don't own any cabs anymore.

Hopefully when I eventually buy a house, and get another 4 slot cab, I won't be so sentimental about my old one.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Probably my Neo25, tbh.

I also have a Terry Amiibo that Ive never used/registered/whatevered. I bought it because its TERRY FUCKIN BOGARD and he sits on my work desk along with The Grannies, (Rita and Janet) all watched over by AllMight himself.