What's with people slicing up the AES console shells to install unneeded jacks?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
“What were the people who actually owned and played Neo 30 years ago thinking, huh huh huh, am I right, ladies?”

Answer: You couldn’t read text on the screen the blur and crawl was so bad. S-video fixed it. There’s nothing mysterious or stupid about it. The upgrade was HUGE.

Why did people used to beat horses? Because the horses were tired.

Why were they tired? Because they hauled milk around all day.

Why didn’t the guy who owned the horse sell it and buy a truck? Because you’re an idiot.

This shit is all so relative. The AES case with holes in the back…who cares? It’s a lot less ugly than your completely aftermarket cart, controller, memory card, and whatever your stack of upscaler bullshit is AT THE MOMENT. You can’t even see the back of the console when you’re actually playing it…especially with the smoke machine in your stick set to maximum.
Jesus fuckin cringe christ. Wow.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Out of the dozens and dozens of hardware I've worked on to repair or mod, dremeling holes in their shells... The only one I've never done is the AES. The four different AES systems I've owned in the past 12+ years have never had holes put in them for extra video/audio and what not. Just not my style.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Why cheaper? Because the case has holes drilled and no ones wants them anymore? The system supports RGB natively, so an S-video mod is more work.
You can just get an RGB SCART cable, and a SCART RGB-> yuv converter (that also converts to s-video). You don't have to mod the system to get s-video.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
Mister makes it so easy. VGA to Component looks beautiful, even if I want to take anywhere the HDMI is perfect with no lag.
But years ago... I bought a Neoptropolis AES with component , S video and audi out.
I kind of wish I knew better, but hey you gotta learn some how.

I have a low serial American AES system with a C sync scart out, I hook to a retrotink and it looks great.
I haven't played with it enough to see a difference.