What's this worth? Ghost Pilots, Last Resort, Top Hunter MVS

Eickhorst

n00b
Hi guys. As you may have read in my garage sale thread, I recently came into possession of some MVS games that may be worth something to collectors. I'd been considering trading them, but before I do, I'd like to get an idea of what they may be worth in case I decide to raise some cash instead. I have checked the MVS price guide and did look on eBay, but I did not find any recently completed listings for these.

Of course, if you're interested in any of the carts please let me know. All of these games have been tested and verified working with no sound or video problems. Here are the games and a description of their condition:

Ghost Pilots, loose with (yellowed) mini marquee. Good condition. SNK foil seal on side of cart.

Image00014.jpg

Image00018.jpg

Last Resort, loose. Good condition. Handwritten number on label.

Image00013.jpg

Top Hunter: Roddy and Cathy - Good condition. Kit with marquee and mini-marquee (there is a small tear on one side of the marquee pictured on the left). The top of the box has some writing and sticker gunk. Matching serial numbers on box and cart.

Image00010.jpg

Image00015.jpg

Image00016.jpg

If you can help give me an estimate of what is a reasonable asking price for these, I'd appreciate any advice. And again, if you're interested in any of them, let me know. Thanks!

P.S. I also have an Aero Fighters 3 mini-marquee if someone is looking. I had a chance to get the cart at the same time but passed because I didn't realize it was rare!!! :annoyed:

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Ghost Pilots: $40-$60

Last Resort: Depending on who you ask, you could proabably get anywhere from $60-80 for this. Theres bound to be someone that wants this cart in a heartbeat.

Top Hunter: With the markings on the box, I wouldn't go over $75 if it's complete.

The prices vary sometimes. You could always use the price guide that's here on the site. The list hasn't been updated in a while, but the prices really haven't changed that much. Recently, there have been a couple of Top Hunter carts floating around for sale on this board.

Eickhorst

n00b
Thanks OMF. I think those prices sound good, and they seem in line with the MVS price guide. I'm going to go ahead and list these in a separate sale thread now.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Not many replies since we have a price guide on the main page of neo-geo.com

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Not many replies since we have a price guide on the main page of neo-geo.com
The price guide that list Blazing Star and Shock Troopers for $25? Sweet!!! I'm interested in both if you have them.

I don't see any harm in asking for up to date prices. That price guide is well dated at this point.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The price guide that list Blazing Star and Shock Troopers for $25? Sweet!!! I'm interested in both if you have them.

I don't see any harm in asking for up to date prices. That price guide is well dated at this point.

Low side. Most prices tend to lean way closer to the high side. And I've seen both those games go for a low amount. I got both of those for $40 each when I first got them.

Just keep in mind that MMs and artsets, kits also add some value to the item BUT it all depends on if someone wants to pay for it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Metal Slug 2 was $15 a couple months ago. Run4border was dumping them basically. Now he has only Metal Slug X.

Being a dick? How am I being a dick? You noobs need to learn how to use the resources on the site like everyone else. The price guide is a general guide but does not state market value, it only gives you a range of what to expect to pay. It even says this on the price guide.

And as far as kits go, the price is what you set it at, like I said above it all depends on if someone would pay that much for it.

And stop referring to the low side, the low side is a price that is set as seen as the lowest price the game has sold for not always. This is why a range is given.

If you have any questions you can always ask Neo-Alec.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
$40 apiece is nearly twice the listed "low side." That's a considerable difference. Metal Slug 2 is also listed at $15 on the low. When is the last time you've seen one of those carts for $15?

As Xian said, run4border had them for about 9$ each a few months ago...I was able to snag both MS 2 and X for a total of about 20 shipped from him.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Metal Slug 2 was $15 a couple months ago. Run4border was dumping them basically. Now he has only Metal Slug X.

He still has them? I was looking for one a few weeks ago and bupkis. Right now all he has on eBay is a spindle of DVDs.

If you know something I don't, that'd be cool.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The price quotes that were given by OMF were within the ranges on the price guide. I would have given around the same. There is no need for an update since the prices haven't changed much.

Ghost Pilots 50 75 U
Last Resort 55 90 C
Top Hunter 30 60 C (Cart Only)

With box and MM would add only about $15-20 in that condition. So around $75 tops.

And if something simple like this ruffles your panties, you need to grow a thicker skin. And next time do some research before you try to play hero and stick your neck out for someone. You just made yourself look like an idiot. Welcome to ng.com.

And again, next time check the price guide. That's what it's there for.

Robert

20 Year Member
Wow, I didn't know the price guide was still updated. I thought they stopped in 2004 or something like that. Good news.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wow. Just wow. The sock thread was an obvious joke thread which was a spin off of the "awesome shirt" thread. I dont care what you call me, anyone who can read will see who the asshole is.

I stated he should check the price guide. I stated the prices from the price guide which were still current.

I also dont hold grudges so we will probably be friends after this.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Wow. Just wow. The sock thread was an obvious joke thread which was a spin off of the "awesome shirt" thread. I dont care what you call me, anyone who can read will see who the asshole is.

I stated he should check the price guide. I stated the prices from the price guide which were still current.

I also dont hold grudges so we will probably be friends after this.
Fair enough. Well said.

If I came off like an asshole, I apologize. I thought your initial comment was a bit snide, but ultimately I can admit I over reacted.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Me too but I like to make some drama sometimes, I think eveyone knows that...lol