What's the best "lesser known" fighting game on the NeoGeo in your opinion?

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I'd say Breaker's/Breaker's Revenge.

Graphics are decent, characters are generic, but it's the gameplay that makes Breaker's standout. Arguably one of the best fighters on the NeoGeo imo, lesser known or not.

Then Ninja Masters...

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I agree with ROBO2011 - Ninja Masters for sure. The game's got some style to it!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm with NeoGeoNinja. Definitely Breakers Revenge. It's easily one of my top 5 favorite Neo titles.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Waku Waku 7 doesn't count as lesser-known does it? If it counts, that gets my vote.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Breaker's/Breaker's Revenge

EDIT: Although I do love Ninja Master's, FHD, and WHP.

I'll also throw a shout out to Kizuna Encounter which hasn't been mentioned.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Yeah, World Heroes Perfect DEFINITELY qualifies for this. WH2 has a great, classic vibe about it, but Perfect is on a different level.

It's really good. Shame about the SS1/2 style 6-button shit though. I tend to play it on PS2 instead...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Regarding the "best", it's definitely Shin Gōketsuji Ichizoku Tōkon - Matrimelee. It can't possibly be well known, otherwise it would be attracting so much attention, that you could buy a tee in every kmart and Poochy would be Halloween's customary costume. Unfortunately, quite the opposite is true...

...there are several other usual suspects, that could fall into this category, if one does not insist on the game being absolute best:

Fu'un Super Tag Battle is infamous for it's english ghost-like release and some good ol' fashioned drama as well, but less than a few know of it's actual fighter qualities (props go to andsuchisdeath for mentioning this one in the first place).

Also Double Dragon would qualify... granted, one may know that there was a b-movie featuring a young & sexy Milano but... who knows about the light years better fighter game?

Galaxy Fight is lesser known, but far from being best either, ... and forget Shin Oh Ken, Chōjin Gakuen Gowcaizer or Fu'un Mokushiroku... or better yet, hold on to them for the obligatory sequel to this thread a.k.a. "What's the worst "lesser known" fighting game on the NeoGeo in your opinion?".

But I'm drifting off... GET MATRIMELEE ;)... it's like Fernandeath's making a party at Heinlaine's South Town pent-house... and Chibi Maruko-chan appears as hidden character...

NeoGeoNinja

article-2101225-11F7FC43000005DC-292_468x544.jpg

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I like World heroes 2 Jet and Ninja Masters.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
So far Kizuna Encounter is my fav of the lesser talked about fighters on the Neo. WW7 is up there for me as well.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
My favorite of the little known fighters is definitely Matrimelee, great game. Sucks both Neo versions have really gone up in value as of late.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer - you can steal special moves off defeated enemies, so your Gowcaizer may play differently from mine even if both players choose the same character.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There's Kabuki Klash, too...

@NeoGeoNinja: Nice product placement, lad... how'd you know I'm a fiend for British humour ;).

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
My vote goes for Kizuna Encounter. Has always been one of my favorites.