What will be snk's original new game for 2004?

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Nam 1976?

Wasn't a new Fatal Fury game already announced this coming year?

Hopefully its a new shooter.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
U cant turn round to me an say Magician Lord ever looked great. Gryzor in 88 was better and so was Rygar and Rastan in 86/87. Anything worth seeing in it was too hard to access anyway. Whats the point in having so many transformations and levels when its fucking impossible to reach em. I hate game difficulty based on memorising bits of levels eg r type and pulstar....but what i will give magician lord is its element of suprise.
Even are 12 years I discovered something new the other day. For the first time I reached the end of level 1 with the dragon and I noticed the sub boss wasnt the annoying frog but rather a huge scorpion sliding down the screen.

Anyway new game.......an all new military shooter. No more shit beat em ups like Matrimilee or ROTD.Almost all 3rd party beat em ups on the neo with the exception of Data East and ADK have been dire. Technos have made shite titles like Voltage Gowkaiser/Double Dragon , Fight Fever was by a 3rd party and so was ROTD.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Magician Lord II would make sence. The original was after all an importnant landmark game back in the day (for neo geo anyway - well I guess all the early releases where...).

Since then we have had many many platform shoot 'em ups which have refined the genre, so it would be amazing to have an epic such as ML, with all the niceties of modern 2D.
It would really be amazing.

Apart from that I would opt for Burning Fight 2, but this time done properly. That would be completely amazing.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Why does everyone feel so sure that an original game is going to be a sequel?

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
Maybe a RPG is in the works! We can dream can we...........:(

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
dmhawkmoon said:
Why does everyone feel so sure that an original game is going to be a sequel?
Because they fear teh change.
Neo owners are like those people in the Dr. Pepper adverts - anything a bit different gets treated with suspicion and prodded with a big pointy stick.

My 3rd guess - It'll be one of those Qix type games, featuring female SNK characters that get nekked when you finish a level.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
yes burning fight 2 tops my list. After all if metal slug could reinvent the "tired 2d side scrolling military shooter" why not burning fight 2 for the side scrolling beat em up. But I fear we may end up with another shit title like Sengoku 3 of it isnt done right.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Last blade 3 nuff said...

Threy just need to make it faster with lesser recovery times after the attacks & afew more basic attacks & specials, that would rule if done correctly.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
the words 'original new game' don't equal 'sequel' in my books..

:spock:

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Who says they are making a new original game anyways? & is the info from snk/playmore direct.

Have they mentioned on there site anything about a new original game.

Last edited:

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I aint afraid of change, its just i want to play any type of game, as long as it has that old snk flavour with it & it plays like an upto date 2004 game. Not just remaking the past but with shitter graphics. I like what they did with matrimelee & its now snk/playmores turn to make a new game, i just hope the music is not midi format like & it plays with the same style & commitment that the old snk crew used to put out.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Uh! your probebly right, but this will be there first true game. Lets wait & give them the benifit of the dought.

Then we can say how shit snk/playmore are haha.
They can do it, its just they need lots of good men/women with that special creativity, they can't just hire people because they fit the bill, they need to be snk code/hackers from the past who have the experience with the mvs format.
If they havent got that then they will struggle.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
king of fighters Vs. street fighter.
none of that snk vs capcom crap!, get the real fighters for a real fighting game, with the original back grounds and music jazzed up a bit :D.

we can only dream!

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Ho yeah a new Art of Fighting!!

Can't understand people who say that series' a crap. I bought the first one a few days ago even if a already played it long ago and I can say that it still REALLY kicks ass! The second part was insanely hard but still really enjoyable for its price and the 3rd is one of the best 2d fighters in my opinion so...Art of Fighting shoulg return!

In case of a new original release, a vertical shooter would be more than welcome!