What was NGH buying like in 2003?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I wonder if that was the same McVan's that was in Evansville & Ft.Wayne in Indiana I used to visit. I remember seeing a US KoF 98 there for $330 in 2005.
I think it was I bought it from online. Like the had it listed on a price guide and I called them and ordered it

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Snk USA themselves had a Neo CD top loader, games and pads for $200/$250 circa 1997/ 1998 I’d say, I almost bought that before someone offered me his AES and KOf 94 for $150 before he changed his mind and asked for more. I ended up getting my cd system from the Neo store.

Before I ever got my first Neo, i was on the lookout and I heard online that if you got a PAL system and did.... something? to it, you could turn it into an NTSC system. As far as I know this is before Raz released the UniBIOS, in 98 or 99. But it was something like you had to cut a crystal or some shit, I don't even remember. I called SNK to see about doing that and what had to be done. I dont know who I talked to but he said that was a waste of time, and that he was selling his US system with like 20 games or something for $500. No way was I able to afford it at the time. Newly married, working at Walmart for $5.88 an hour. No way. Now I'd jump on that even if all 20 games were OG releases like FF1, SamSho, Top Players Golf, etc. For $500 even then it was a steal.

Ended up waiting a bit and saw a dude on Zophar. Still remember his AIM name (remember AIM!?) it was BigDaddi25 I think.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Snk USA themselves had a Neo CD top loader, games and pads for $200/$250 circa 1997/ 1998 I’d say, I almost bought that before someone offered me his AES and KOf 94 for $150 before he changed his mind and asked for more. I ended up getting my cd system from the Neo store.

Got mine from the Stop N’ Save Software in Wynnwood that I ended up working at. Around the time Fox was supposed to be fixing your SuperGun, lol.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Got mine from the Stop N’ Save Software in Wynnwood that I ended up working at. Around the time Fox was supposed to be fixing your SuperGun, lol.
Fox region modded my Neo CD when it came in lol!

Gosh that was that blue HGA supergun I sold or traded that with VWLunatic way back.

Have you ever looked Fox up? He was a good guy.

Last edited:

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I remember when Gailin found a Viewpoint at a thrift store, about 1998 or so.

I bowed out due to being a broke college kid, then started collecting again about 2010. I've kept track of all my purchases and even just 2010 compared to now is absolutely night and day.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Fox region modded my Neo CD when it came in lol!

Gosh that was that blue HGA supergun I sold or traded that with VWLunatic way back.

Have you ever looked Fox up? He was a good guy.

He trained me at the old Edgemont store!

We were thick as thieves, in the early to mid-aughts. ROH shows, games nights with other EB folks, up to about 2006 or so.

I miss him; after he moved away, I moved a bunch too…then, he bailed on FB.
No way to get back in touch, unless I hear from him. I’ve had the same cell number for 22 years.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Made in Khazakstan or some shit? Lol. I remember bugging out when he showed me that thing. It’s amazing no one died by fire or electrocution. 😂
Yeah it was this blue box I ordered it from their website English definitely wasn’t the guys first language lol

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
He trained me at the old Edgemont store!

We were thick as thieves, in the early to mid-aughts. ROH shows, games nights with other EB folks, up to about 2006 or so.

I miss him; after he moved away, I moved a bunch too…then, he bailed on FB.
No way to get back in touch, unless I hear from him. I’ve had the same cell number for 22 years.
Where did he move?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
One of the Carolinas I think. He just up and Ninja Vanished after the move.
That was some good times at Edgmont. I remember my first time trying sushi was there lol in the store someone gave me a piece of their Cali Roll from Genardis could have been you!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It was me, or Dotti I recon! Missing those days recently. So much has changed since then.

Wonder whatever happened to John with the tremendously long hair. Dude looked like he was cosplaying Saki from Area 88 everyday at work. Was awesome!

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I could barely afford Playstation games in the nineties / early 2000's let alone a Neo. Granted I didnt even really know about the Neo until ~2006 when I started a job and my manager at the time was big into SamSho and KoF.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
It was me, or Dotti I recon! Missing those days recently. So much has changed since then.

Wonder whatever happened to John with the tremendously long hair. Dude looked like he was cosplaying Saki from Area 88 everyday at work. Was awesome!
Yes it has and they really were good times.

You mean me and my hair at the time 😂

Just joking it probably was you with the sushi too because I know it wasn’t her.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yes it has and they really were good times.

You mean me and my hair at the time 😂

Just joking it probably was you with the sushi too because I know it wasn’t her.

I might’ve been after you left for another location, because I came back and ASM trained under Fox and Dotti…and their 3rd key wasn’t you, lol.
Tall ass John with hair past his waist. His family owned 7-11s.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I might’ve been after you left for another location, because I came back and ASM trained under Fox and Dotti…and their 3rd key wasn’t you, lol.
Tall ass John with hair past his waist. His family owned 7-11s.
I was at Delaware Concord probably then.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The Game Galleries and Stop N Saves I worked at became EBs. None of the five locations I worked at exist anymore.

I’m a dinosaur.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
For me it really wasn’t much different. The games were cheaper then, sure, but I was also young and worked a shitty retail job so that $400 MotW home cart was just as unobtainable to me then as several thousand dollar cart is now.

The good part was that mvs carts were dirt cheap for the most part. Cmvs’s weren’t much of a thing and there weren’t a whole lot of people with cabs or superguns, so with a Phantom 1 I racked up on cheap mvs carts, including MotW.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
For me it really wasn’t much different. The games were cheaper then, sure, but I was also young and worked a shitty retail job so that $400 MotW home cart was just as unobtainable to me then as several thousand dollar cart is now.

The good part was that mvs carts were dirt cheap for the most part. Cmvs’s weren’t much of a thing and there weren’t a whole lot of people with cabs or superguns, so with a Phantom 1 I racked up on cheap mvs carts, including MotW.
Yes I agree with you in it being unattainable at the time.

When I got my Neo all I wanted was Aerofighters 2 for AES (I used to borrow the SNES version from a Microplay I worked at) and Neo Mr. Do! For MVS (I played the SNES version around then). I got a phantom cheap from here (some of the plastic was chipped) still have it actually and got a decent amount of games from MD Gamesales on EBay and the collection grew from there. I think Shocktroopers 2 was my first full kit I bought from them. I know I got my MOTW mvs from them too.

My girlfriend at the time got my baseball stats 2 aes from Game Dude around 99 I think that was less than $100 too I think it was $60 now that I think about it.

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member

Got some games from ncsx who are still around! Games were $250-350 each when they had them. Also hit-japan on ebay used to take decent offers on game lots. Not sure if they are worth dealing with today.