What software do you use (if any) to fiddle with DVDs?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
My mom has a Trivial Pursuit game that evidently came with a DVD as part of the game and she lost it, or probably bought it used and didnt realize it was incomplete.

Told her I'd help her out. I found the ISO of the DVD on archive.org but its a DVD9 ISO and I dont have any dual layer DVDs to burn and Im not about to pay for a spindle of DVDs Im rarely ever going to use. So Im wanting to convert it to DVD5 even if it compresses the video (because shes probably going to play it on some shitty little CRT tv so quality isn't really important.

DVD Shrink didnt work well enough, still too big for a DVD5. Tried a few others and none of them work or their trial versions are crippleware. Found one c alled Loewa or some bullshit but it basically just stops working at 95% each time. Its complete ass and Im not gonna pay $50 for something that is pretty much useless.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You're giving me a headache just thinking about it. Stop trying to cheat science and just burn the ISO. Use the four hours you would've wasted on this getting caught up on something relaxing.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
fuck yall lazy bishes.

I was able to get CloneDVD to do it without trouble. I don't really think reauthoring and/or compressing an ISO is 'cheating science' so much as 'figuring it out.'

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can't believe you used CloneDVD lmfao You only needed to use dvd decrypter, convert your .bup,.vob and .ifo into .AVI then compress down with handbrake into a h265 .mp4 then convert using DVD-Xmaker back to .bup,.vob and .ifo then burn the disc at 1x using img burn with a joliet and iso 9600 setting.

But sure make your life harder and use CloneDVD lol.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I can't believe you used CloneDVD lmfao You only needed to use dvd decrypter, convert your .bup,.vob and .ifo into .AVI then compress down with handbrake into a h265 .mp4 then convert using DVD-Xmaker back to .bup,.vob and .ifo then burn the disc at 1x using img burn with a joliet and iso 9600 setting.

But sure make your life harder and use CloneDVD lol.
It's early, haven't had coffee and honestly can't tell if you're being facetious....

CloneDVD was literally one step...