What SNK artbooks would you recommend?

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Hello folks :) !

Well, this question has arisen as the other day I saw 2 old SNK artbooks (from 1996 I think) for ¥1000 each. I haven`t bought them yet but intend to . I also own both SNK Illustrations books as well.

Finally, the question. Can anybody recommend any good SNK artbooks to buy whilst here in Japan as I want to take a few back with me to England when I leave. Capcom and Guilty Gear series artbook suggestions would be welcome also :) .

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get a book with the SNK artist Hiroaki`s works alone in I will personally become your slave for the rest of my life loco loco loco !

Cheers. I appreciate your help :) !

slerch666

updyke,
I have the Character Perfect collections (there are 2 of them) and I think they are excellent. If you can find them while you are there, those are 2 I'd definitely check out.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Thanks for the suggestions :) . I`ll keep my eyes peeled for the Posters Book make_fac (already have the 2 Illustrations books.)

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
The Samurai Spirits Ken Kon book. Great stuff, and my fave art book to date! :D

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
honeyman:
Thanks for the suggestions :) . I`ll keep my eyes peeled for the Posters Book make_fac (already have the 2 Illustrations books.)
The poster book is a really good find. I managed to score a near-mint one for $21 in San Francisco (it was in the bargain bin).

If you can look for the any of the Capcom Gamest Mooks. They're all packed with artwork from various games. I had to import mine for like $40, so I'm more than sure you can find them cheaper over there.

And stock up on doujinshi. It's an addiction and you can sell it for at least twice as much over here.