What series(can be Anime, TV, Manga, Novel, etc) are you interested in right now?

Hun

Morden's Lackey
Right now, I'm interested in the Super Sentai series and want to know more about it.(Besides the fact that the 1992 to current Sentai series were Americanized here by Saban as the Power Rangers series) What about you guys?

Freelancer

Banned
The new ABC series "Line of Fire" has my interest at the moment. The first 3 episodes have been pretty interesting with lots of graphic violence.

Q

qube

Laugh if you like, but I am really into the O.C. these days...

Q-

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
As always, Twin Peaks. Greatest series ever made anywhere.

simplyowned2501

New Challenger
2 way tie!
Law & Order: SVU and Boomtown.
L&O is some straight crazy-ass shit.
Boomtizzle has a great storytelling perspective.
I never thought I would catch myself watching these shows, but lo and behold, miracles DO happen.:D

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You know, I never really paid much attention to the show when it aired normally (I don't know if they still come out with new shows), but I usually make it a point to watch Dawson's Creek on TBS. I don't even watch tv that much either, just mainly turn it on for Who's Line is it Anyway? and Dawson's Creek..

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Ghost in the Shell Stand alone Complex.

p.s.wes, if you're dad has almost caught you watching Dawson's Creek then you'd be gay but other than that, its perfectly straight.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
/que Dawson's Creek theme

chuplayer.jpg

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
My Favourites are still "Berserk Anime/Manga", "Cowboy Bebop Anime TV-Series" and "X Manga"...

Don´t forget Motion Pictures like "Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade", "Princess Mononoke", "Spirited Away", "Ghost in the Shell" and "Vampire Hunter D / Bloodlust"...

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
1. Naruto
2. The O.C.
3. Smallvile

That's pretty much it I watch a whole lot other stuff however just not with as much enthusiam.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
gmw said:
As always, Twin Peaks. Greatest series ever made anywhere.
Without a doubt.

Patiently waiting for Paramount to get their heads out of their asses and quit blocking Artisan from releasing the season 2 DVDs in the US... Barring that, waiting for the rights to revert to Paramount in 2005. Maybe we'll see a domestic release of the pilot then, too.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Hun said:
Right now, I'm interested in the Super Sentai series and want to know more about it.
I'm something of a sentai fan myself. Although I haven't been fond of the last couple series (a little too much emphasis on comedy and slapstick, and too little on drama), I really enjoyed Seijuu Sentai Gingaman (which was horribly perverted by Saban into "Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy").

Currently, Toei Video is releasing some of the sentai series on DVD. Primarily these releases consist of the new crop of shows, but it looks like they might be planning to eventually release the older series one by one (when Gingaman, Juuranger, and Kakuranger finally hit R-2 DVD I'll be all over 'em):

Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (2001)
12-vol. monthly DVD release from 12/2001 to 11/2002 (51 eps)

Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger (2002)
12-vol. monthly DVD release from 12/2002 to 11/2003 (51 eps)

Himitsu Sentai Goranger (1975)
14-vol. DVD release (3 vols. p/month) from 04/2003 to 08/2003 (84 eps)

Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger (2003)
12-vol. monthly DVD release from 10/2003 to 09/2004 (51 eps)

Kyuukyuu Sentai Go Go Five (1999)
9-vol. DVD release (3 vols. p/month) from 11/2003 to 01/2004 (50 eps)

Mirai Sentai Timeranger (2000)
Vol. 1 goes on sale 2/21/2004. It's a 2-disc package, containing eps 1-10. Haven't seen how many vols this series'll run (no release date confirmed for the remaining vols, yet).

IIRC, the sentai concept was created by Ishinomori Shoutarou -- the same manga genius who created Cyborg 009, Kamen Rider, Kikaider, Hakaider, and a slew of other manga-turned-rubber-suited-tokusatsu-TV-series heroes.

You should go to Otakon 2004 in Baltimore -- look for me in the Hoteiya Las Vegas booth. I've got a series of 4 DVDs containing the opening and ending credit sequences of all Toei-produced live-action TV series for the last 30 years or so -- including the various sentai series. I'll have 'em with me at the con -- good stuff.

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
anime
--------

initial d - second stage
mouse
ranma seasons 1 - 4

schleep..... :(

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
1. Bersek

2. CowBoy BeeBop

3. X-the series

4. His&Her Circumstances

Great anime series

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I've recently taken to watching Stargate SG-1, even though they never air the episodes (other than new ones) in any kind of order, so its hard to get all the backstory straight.

Hun

Morden's Lackey
Re: Re: What series(can be Anime, TV, Manga, Novel, etc) are you interested in right now?

Dash no Chris said:
I'm something of a sentai fan myself. Although I haven't been fond of the last couple series (a little too much emphasis on comedy and slapstick, and too little on drama), I really enjoyed Seijuu Sentai Gingaman (which was horribly perverted by Saban into "Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy").

Currently, Toei Video is releasing some of the sentai series on DVD. Primarily these releases consist of the new crop of shows, but it looks like they might be planning to eventually release the older series one by one (when Gingaman, Juuranger, and Kakuranger finally hit R-2 DVD I'll be all over 'em):

Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (2001)
12-vol. monthly DVD release from 12/2001 to 11/2002 (51 eps)

Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger (2002)
12-vol. monthly DVD release from 12/2002 to 11/2003 (51 eps)

Himitsu Sentai Goranger (1975)
14-vol. DVD release (3 vols. p/month) from 04/2003 to 08/2003 (84 eps)

Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger (2003)
12-vol. monthly DVD release from 10/2003 to 09/2004 (51 eps)

Kyuukyuu Sentai Go Go Five (1999)
9-vol. DVD release (3 vols. p/month) from 11/2003 to 01/2004 (50 eps)

Mirai Sentai Timeranger (2000)
Vol. 1 goes on sale 2/21/2004. It's a 2-disc package, containing eps 1-10. Haven't seen how many vols this series'll run (no release date confirmed for the remaining vols, yet).

IIRC, the sentai concept was created by Ishinomori Shoutarou -- the same manga genius who created Cyborg 009, Kamen Rider, Kikaider, Hakaider, and a slew of other manga-turned-rubber-suited-tokusatsu-TV-series heroes.

You should go to Otakon 2004 in Baltimore -- look for me in the Hoteiya Las Vegas booth. I've got a series of 4 DVDs containing the opening and ending credit sequences of all Toei-produced live-action TV series for the last 30 years or so -- including the various sentai series. I'll have 'em with me at the con -- good stuff.

I don't think I might be able to get to next year's Otakon, since I don't have a job(or money) and got school work to do, but thanks anyway. I got into the Sentai series just recently, so I don't know much about the whole Sentai series except that the storylines are dark and I like the fight scenes in them, especially the fight scenes in the Super Sentai World movie, which is mostly fighting(even though it only have the Sentai groups from 1990-94). I wonder what Toei will gonna do for the 30th anniversary of the Super Sentai series. (Perhaps have another huge crossover like Gaoranger vs Super Sentai?)

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Smallville. Didn't think much of it until I saw my roommate watch it. That's pretty much what I watch on TV now.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
SouthtownKid said:
Without a doubt.

Patiently waiting for Paramount to get their heads out of their asses and quit blocking Artisan from releasing the season 2 DVDs in the US... Barring that, waiting for the rights to revert to Paramount in 2005. Maybe we'll see a domestic release of the pilot then, too.

Indeed. Other big problem as I see it is that there's no way Artisan will be able to do the astonishing job on the rest of the show that they did with the first season. Two episodes per disk would come out at an 11 disk set for the remaining 22 episodes - so sadly, even if Artisan does eventually put out Season 2, we can expect quite a drop in quality from the incredible video and audio of the first season.

But I've still got my complete VHS tapes. I really hope it eventually comes out with the Cooper "Previously on Twin Peaks" voice overs for the beginning episode summaries that Artisan has on the first set.

I've got the HK DVD release of the pilot, and while it's better than my well-worn 12 year-old VHS tape, it's nothing like the quality of the first season.

Other than that, all I can really wish for is New Line OK'ing a new DVD release of the original uncut 4+ hour version of Fire Walk With Me.

Do you read Wrapped in Plastic?

Omegagouki

Crazed MVS Addict
Dash No Chris: I'll look for you, I'd be interested in seeing that DVD. I got the VCDs of at least half the American version of sentai and every movie/team-up they have released so far(about 11, some of which dont have subtitles so I just sit there and make up dialogue). I really want Zyuranger(cant beat dragon caesar). Currently watching Gundam Wing, S-cryed, Witch Hunter Robin, and just finished the last volume of Rahxephon(wierd ending, hoping they release the movie(or I'll have to buy the import)).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
gmw said:
Indeed. Other big problem as I see it is that there's no way Artisan will be able to do the astonishing job on the rest of the show that they did with the first season. Two episodes per disk would come out at an 11 disk set for the remaining 22 episodes - so sadly, even if Artisan does eventually put out Season 2, we can expect quite a drop in quality from the incredible video and audio of the first season.

But I've still got my complete VHS tapes. I really hope it eventually comes out with the Cooper "Previously on Twin Peaks" voice overs for the beginning episode summaries that Artisan has on the first set.

I've got the HK DVD release of the pilot, and while it's better than my well-worn 12 year-old VHS tape, it's nothing like the quality of the first season.

Other than that, all I can really wish for is New Line OK'ing a new DVD release of the original uncut 4+ hour version of Fire Walk With Me.

Do you read Wrapped in Plastic?
Not to sound like a complete fanboy, but I only finally let my subscription lapse a few years ago. It seemed like they had run out of much to say about TP. Coverage of the annual festival in Snoqualmie/South Bend, and a bunch of X-Files coverage. It's a great magazine though, and I still pick it up when they have another "Unseen Twin Peaks" or something.

I also have the HK pilot. Not the best quality ever, but much better than it could hae been. Supposedly there are region 2 Season 2 sets from Paramount due out in Europe in September, 2004 -- which supports rumors I've heard that they are actively blocking Artisan's attempts to release a set until 2005, when the rights to the show revert to Paramount. Er, I already said that in the other post, didn't I? Sorry.

About the lost FWWM footage, I signed the petition and e-mailed New Line like everyone else, but the chances of it happening don't seem too promising now. The stills that've surfaced really have me curious, and I've read the long version of the script found on the web... On the other hand, I like the pacing of the teatrical version. I'd definitely buy it if they released it, though.

I'm also waiting for a widescreen DVD release of Lost Highway...