What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
electricgrave said:
I'm not too familiar with Tiger Woods games, but my friends rave about it. I like Golden Tee though.

Before 2004, they were a bit on the average side, but 04 and later have been amazing from what I've played. They can be picked up very cheaply, so give them a try.

I don't mind golden tee, but I've never been a big fan of using a trackball...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Before 2004, they were a bit on the average side, but 04 and later have been amazing from what I've played. They can be picked up very cheaply, so give them a try.

I don't mind golden tee, but I've never been a big fan of using a trackball...
That's what I like the most about it, the trackball! I heard some of the TW for PC use the trackball, is there truth in this?

If SNK had a NTM version with a trackball, it would be the best game ever!!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
electricgrave said:
That's what I like the most about it, the trackball! I heard some of the TW for PC use the trackball, is there truth in this?

If SNK had a NTM version with a trackball, it would be the best game ever!!

Maybe I've been unlucky and played on a machine with a shoddy track-ball, but I never feel like I have control over my shots.

You can use a trackball in tiger woods for the pc, I know that for sure as my cousin went all out and built one especially for it.;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Maybe I've been unlucky and played on a machine with a shoddy track-ball, but I never feel like I have control over my shots.

You can use a trackball in tiger woods for the pc, I know that for sure as my cousin went all out and built one especially for it.;)
Funny, I made a Golden Tee set up for a friend.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Today: Aero Fighters 2, Magical Drop 2, and Neo Turf Masters.
Yesterday: Metal Slug X and Samurai Shodown II

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
World Heroes 2 on the neo and Double Dragon on the CD.

I can't be assed to change game + they both rock.
World Heroes gets slapped around far too much.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Today....All MVS

Over Top
Twinkle Star Sprites
League Bowling
Super Side Kicks

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Good stuff Gameoz. How are you liking over top?

After being a big neo drift out fan for a while, I just can't get into it.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Good stuff Gameoz. How are you liking over top?

After being a big neo drift out fan for a while, I just can't get into it.

I really like Over Top. I had sold my Over Top and Neo Drift Out to a friend about a year back but he was only willing to sell me one back, so I picked Over Top.

I think they are both very good racing games and both are worth owning. I think Neo Drift Out is the better racing game but I like the vehicle selection/course in Over Top.

I plan to pick up Neo Drift Out again at some point.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Last night i fired up the MVS system....& played
Blazing star....
Viewpoint..
Last resort...
Pulstar...
Even sqeezed in a little Stikers 1945...
Neo still reigns supreme in my book!!:D

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
just received Garou MotW for the mvs but my cab still has its chassis burned...so,it has been Super Sidekicks 2,Metal Slug 3 and KOF 98 on the aes.
A friend is coming by so it will be Samurai Shodown 1 and beer.
man...Samurai Shodown 1 is still (by far!)my favorite.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yeah SS1 is by far my favorite out of the series, even tho the others supposedly improved on it, but the original is still the best imo.

This week i've been playing:

Super Sidekicks 2
Super Bubble Pop
AeroFighters 2
Samurai Shodown 1

Professor Denim said:
just received Garou MotW for the mvs but my cab still has its chassis burned...so,it has been Super Sidekicks 2,Metal Slug 3 and KOF 98 on the aes.
A friend is coming by so it will be Samurai Shodown 1 and beer.
man...Samurai Shodown 1 is still (by far!)my favorite.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Zupapa and KOF '01, believe or not 2001 is one of the best KOF's out there gameplay wise, you know this to be truth. I'm with you I hated it too, but the fact is that it plays like a dream.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I really like Over Top. I had sold my Over Top and Neo Drift Out to a friend about a year back but he was only willing to sell me one back, so I picked Over Top.

I think they are both very good racing games and both are worth owning. I think Neo Drift Out is the better racing game but I like the vehicle selection/course in Over Top.

I plan to pick up Neo Drift Out again at some point.

I've been looking for Drift out for a while now, but everytime it pops up I don't have the $100 to throw around.

I think both are good games, but something about drift out just makes me want to play it over and over.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Circa2113 said:
I've been looking for Drift out for a while now, but everytime it pops up I don't have the $100 to throw around.

I think both are good games, but something about drift out just makes me want to play it over and over.

I paid 120 for it about 2 weeks ago :/ Its a fun game though. I might just pop it in for a few laps :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:

Overtop all the way! I love driftout, but the fun factor is with overtop!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Overtop all the way! I love driftout, but the fun factor is with overtop!

I believe we will have to agree to disagree.

All of these showed up today, so I'll be busy...

00001-4.jpg

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:

00001-4.jpg
Sweet jesus, all those at once, what a weekend, tell all your friends you are ill and don't leave you're room for at least 2 days :D

Me-
World Heroes 2, Top Hunter on the CD and a nice chunk of KOF 2000 on the AES, i seem to have got a lot better at it by staying KOF Abstinate for a few weeks :emb:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
soulthug said:
Sweet jesus, all those at once, what a weekend, tell all your friends you are ill and don't leave you're room for at least 2 days :D

I played about 2 hours of world heroes 2 jet earlier. Excellent game!

My brother has agreed to play samurai shodown to decide who has to cut the grass in the morning. I shall play to the death!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:

00001-4.jpg
Sure! no big thing, enjoy your newcomers! Driftout is the shit, don't get me wrong, but Overtop is just crazy!!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Sure! no big thing, enjoy your newcomers! Driftout is the shit, don't get me wrong, but Overtop is just crazy!!

:D Just kidding, I love me some overtop too. Just something about drift out though...

Trust me, I'm loving these new carts. After art of fighting 1, I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but I was proven wrong with 2. Big improvement in my opinion.

Also, fatal fury special and samurai shodown are amazing to say the least. Both have a perfect old school feel that I love.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
AOF2 was alot better than the first, i've been wanting to give the 3rd one a try but all the screenshots i've seen make it look boring to say the least. Anyhow its good to see you enjoying those carts :)

Circa2113 said:
:D Just kidding, I love me some overtop too. Just something about drift out though...

Trust me, I'm loving these new carts. After art of fighting 1, I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but I was proven wrong with 2. Big improvement in my opinion.

Also, fatal fury special and samurai shodown are amazing to say the least. Both have a perfect old school feel that I love.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
xmods said:
AOF2 was alot better than the first, i've been wanting to give the 3rd one a try but all the screenshots i've seen make it look boring to say the least. Anyhow its good to see you enjoying those carts :)

Aof3 is damn good. The animation is incredible considering when it was made. I had the MVS cart up until I traded it about a month ago. I'm already looking for it again.

And yes, I'm enjoying the carts. Thanks for that trade.;)

Irem

New Challenger
I love AoF somehow. I own the first 2, both EU versions. Its big sprites were menacing, and at the time those games got released I didn't really notice the questionable quality of the animations. I just liked the big characters fucking eachothers face up, and the zoom effects. I like the 2nd better than the first (it has Eiji), although its sickening hard to beat.

But I played some rounds of KOF 2000 on the AES..

Eiji Striker ofcourse!