What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I've been coming back to Windjammers on and off this past year, but the past week especially. Finally getting decent at the game, but wish I had some friends locally who are into Neo Geo so we could get some good matches in! Been going back to Magical Drop 2 as well and finally able to consistently get to levels 18-20.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Just got World Heroes 1 & 2 in. Hooked them up and have been playing the first with my wife and kids for the past week...

My wife doesn't care for it, but my kids and I have been having fun with it.

Phades

New Challenger
My MVS is currently hosting Magical Drop III (as always), Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, Crossed Swords, and Metal Slug X. I will probably swap out Crossed Swords tomorrow for Blazing Star. Been in a shooter mood.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
lol. She says she doesn't like that the punch and kick buttons do both the weak and strong moves...she prefers Mortal Kombat to anything really.

I guess that's a quasi reasonable gripe. Chick's sure dig that block button.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
obey

pulstar_zps90d77e88.jpg

GinForBreakfast

Quiz Detective
"Neo Driftout" for me. I love just about everything of this game. The exhaust and clunking gearbox noises in the beginning of each race are ace. :)

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Neo Turf Masters - Got 5 under par in Australia. Still leaves a lot of room for improvement, but easily my best game so far.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I played Double Dragon for the first time yesterday and I was kind of impressed. It's really not as bad as I assumed it was going to be. The scenes from the movie in the background made me laugh. I haven't seen that awful movie since it was released, I really need to watch it again soon.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I played Double Dragon for the first time yesterday and I was kind of impressed. It's really not as bad as I assumed it was going to be. The scenes from the movie in the background made me laugh. I haven't seen that awful movie since it was released, I really need to watch it again soon.

The movie is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. My wife saw it during her childhood, too, so she enjoys going back to it and laughing at how ridiculous it is every now and then.

ROBO2011

Crazed MVS Addict
Baseball Stars 2...

Never played part 1 though. Is there a lot difference?

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
KOF 95' and SamSho II MVS

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object

"My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot." - Billy Lee

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Switched over to Magical Drop 2. My wife loves it. The game is super addicting when playing against another person! Playing on my own I lose pretty quickly to the computer and can get to about level 20 on the marathon.

Crescent

n00b
I'm playing Samurai Spirits 1&2 right now, I'll try to get my GF to be my sparring partner although she prefers the Metal Slug series.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Gave KoF’98 a few rounds, a total noob to the series but I’d like to at least pretend I know what I’m doing eventually. So many characters, where the hell do I start?

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Barcade in the East Village in Manhattan just put in Double Dragon in their MVS cabinet. I have never played it. I should go there and give it a try. They also have Karnov's Revenge and Galaxy Fight as well. Their Jersey City location has Blazing Star and Crossed Swords.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So many characters, where the hell do I start?

Easy to use, archetypal characters.

What makes KOF funky IMO, is the style of movement and the options within it.

If you have a shotoy, reccay team of Kyos and Ioris, you can focus on learning the kof rhythm (running, short jumping, back dashing, hopping, hyper hopping), while still being able to apply fireball and dragon punch shit you already know.

Once KOF begins to feel less foreign, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a team of characters to suit your needs.

Last edited:

jozilla

n00b
Playing KOF '95 and magical drop 2 most recently. All time favorite for my wife is Puzzle Bobble 2 but she can't beat me :glee:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
been enjoying some king of monsters on the cmvs! but it wasnt like this at first

when I received king of the monsters, I was playing it and everything seemed fine until the match was about to begin, once it did, it ended. the timer was at zero and automatically said times up before I even got to start the match. I thoughy there was an issue with the cart so I contacted the seller and he said it was working good on his end. he also gave me aome tips on how I could solve the problem. he told me to clearn the back up ram on my cmvs and I wasnt able to find that option so I messed around with the system setting and thats where it took me to game soft switch settings. the timer was put as 0 so I put it to 10 minutes and voila, the problem is over. I thought it was weird since I never came across an issue like this but at least im now able to enjoy king of the monsters. has anything like this happened to you guys?