What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Art of Fighting...going through the rage of trying to relearn the whole fighting system...meh, forget it, I still suck at this game.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Nice video and great lineup there in the MVS-U4. What are your thoughts on Over Top vs. Neo Drift Out? I didn't care for Over Top as much when I played the rom, but I'm quickly finding that you can't get a true sense of a game until you've played it on a real cab. If I'm loving Neo Drift Out, should I try to pick up Over Top?

Thank You..
I still need to put the right mini marquees in and make(hope to find) an SVC mini.

I had another line up,as the cab was giving me problems I kept changing it...I didn’t want Overtop to be the starting game but no matter where I put it in the slots it starts first...From Samurai Sho 2 to RBFF Special ..Then with an Aero Fighters 2 boot..I was hearing a funny buzz in the speakers before I swapped the power supply..The line up I have in now is the one I started off with after the PS swap so I just left the games in there..
The most people that play the cab is my two Sons(10-3)..My older Son loves the Fighters and the younger one loves the side scrollers and Cars...I had actually put Overtop up for sale here and on Ebay,then he fell in love with the game so I pulled it..He plays it almost everyday..
I used to have Neo Driftout and the game is amazing..(I have it on my xbox debug kit unit/rom though I’ve yet to try it on a TV )
.I actually sold Driftout awhile back and kept Overtop because I knew my kids would like Overtop more.( like the different vehicles option-horn,lights)

But it’s true Nothing is the same unless you play it on a cab..I have found this out so many times.The only game I prefer to play on home console/AES/TV is Veiwpoint..and maybe Magician Lord..

I preferred to play Neo Driftout on the Big Red as I used to slap the big joystick into turns but it looked amazing in the Candy Cab..

After playing the heck out of Driftout I needed something else so I bought Overtop and Thrash Rally..
I have to say,I’m torn between Neo Driftout and Overtop..

If you can get Overtop..I’d say pick it up...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I haven't quite gotten used to playing fighters on my candy cab (although I'm still having fun with KOF 2000 and SamSho II). The control panel setup is a lot smaller than most arcade sticks I've ever used. For now, I'm sticking with sports, racing, action, and shoot 'em up titles.

Thanks for all the info, chris1. I'll keep my eyes peeled for Over Top then.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
I've beat 96,97,2000 and 2002 on my AES.
I jut got my Kof98, and I can't manage to beat that stupid omega rugal... Last night I played for 3 hours with no success :confused:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Shock Troopers for the first time after waaaay too long too acquire it and waaaay too many youtube vids.

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary
It is almost 2012 and I am still playing neogeo games. Ironic, the neo never gets boring. Ever. At least not to me. I picked up The Samurai Shodown Collection for the Wii, pop in the classic controller, and I was uniquely impressed. I was just...meh...and very slow to pick it up, as I hated the other collections, but this one is actually pretty darn good. My only complaint, they could have gone for a color instruction manual, considering it was SS Anniversary and all, but whatever.

Playing The Last Blade (NG CD) and The Last Blade 2 modified remix. The Last Blade 2 US and even the final mix, has terrible sound issues, I love it that one of the guys in the community spent the time to fix all the errors in the game, the remixed version is amazing.

The Last Blade on NG CD, nice to have the extra speed of the dreamcast, but it is still annoying with the loads, of course, I still appreciate the practice option to this day, so it is still my preferred method of playing the game. All the nice extras really make up for the terrible loading times.

Still playing Last Hope Pink Bullets, Pulstar, play poochi and nyaa sometimes, and I will always go to the classics now and again, don't play SS2 or Magician Lord as much as I ripped through those games so many times.

I don't know man, haven't played games as much as I use to, sometimes I will pop in a jrpg and see how far I can get through it for the heck of it. I've got a bunch of romance sims and rpgs on the dreamcast I pop in every now and again for mindless entertainment.

Got Final Fantasy going on my PS3 and Alice, still need to finish Sakura Wars on my Wii.

I might pick up Skyward sword, will definitely pick up the next final fantasy, and once Catherine goes down in price I will probably pick that up to.

Hell, I'll be buying games till I die, even if I don't play them, once a gamer, always a gamer. OSG for life.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Been getting into Samurai Shodown again. I've got 2,3,4 & 5 Special loaded in my cab right now. I love how different each game is.

$CASHMONEY$

Edo Express Delivery Guy
finally got my copy of MOTW..matches seem to have a faster pace which i like.. still trying to get a handle on cancelling moves though.. fucking beautiful presentation.. i'll be on this one for a while i can tell

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
finally got my copy of MOTW..matches seem to have a faster pace which i like.. still trying to get a handle on cancelling moves though.. fucking beautiful presentation.. i'll be on this one for a while i can tell

I can't wait to get a MOTW cart in my cab. I have it for the DC, but it's not the same.

Lately, I've been playing a lot of Aero Fighters 2/Strikers 1945 Plus and cooling down with Neo Turf Masters. I've also got Shock Troopers 2nd Squad in right now for the next time a friend comes over to play Neo Geo. Hopefully the slowdown doesn't multiply with two players. I haven't tried multiplayer 2nd Squad yet.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
did some Ninja Commando today and finally played it long enough to beat it, pretty cool game :D

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Been playing alot of Strikers 1945 PLUS lately, and what a brilliant game it is. Spent abit of time with Prehistoric Isle 2 as well, and loved it just as much ;)

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Been playing alot of Strikers 1945 PLUS lately, and what a brilliant game it is. Spent abit of time with Prehistoric Isle 2 as well, and loved it just as much ;)

Agreed on Strikers. It's only left my cabinet once in the last 6 months. The super shot gameplay mechanic just works so well. So incredibly fun to play, and the difficulty curve allows for relatively quick high score battles. I play it practically every night.

I've only ever played Prehistoric Isle 2 emulated and I didn't love it. I'd jump at the chance to play it on a real cab, though.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Yeah you need to get in and give Prehistoric Isle 2 another chance, its a very good game, but it really does need abit of time to get into. THen once youve got it all under control, its a great game. Its not up to the same spec as Blazing Star, but it is certainly one of those games that you simply must try again just to see if you can get abit further on one credit ;)

As for Strikers, youre dead right there with the high score battles, when i get the time i play it for hours. Ive got a photo of some of my more recent scores, i really struggle with the 5th boss.
Strikers1945PLUS.jpg

syrotuck

n00b
Dude, that's really great! I also love FF and wanted to suggest you to get FF Wild Ambition, get it cheap fir the PSX and check out the intro, I guarantee you'll love it. If you really like the gameplay and have an arcade then the actual Hyper Neo Geo 64 hardware might be another awesome thing to have, you can get it on the cheap. FFWA is a great game, way underrated.

Sorry Dude I missed your reply. I have managed to acquire a FF Wild Ambition but it won't arrive until next week. After your recommendation I'm really looking forward to playing it. Does it have a story? One of the things I liked about the series as I went through them was the stories and to be honest that was the only fault I could really find with RBFF2 ie the lack of story. I don't have a JAMMA set up at the moment. I only just started gaming again after maybe an 8 year absence. It's definately something I'm going to do when I settle down somewhere but at the moment I'm busy working and travelling so I don't have anywhwere to call home!
What's your favorite of the series? I presume you love FFS? I must confess I've still been playing FF alot. I just love getting to Geese with his music and whatnot even though the game is dated. It seems alot of people are split on the RB games. Though they all seem different enough to me to warrant owning. I don't think anything makes one of the others redundant.

Anyway, back on topic! This weekend I've been going through the early KOF games and I must say it's been fantastic. I think someone said in this thread that they don't get going till KOF 96 or so but I can't agree with that. I played through 94-97 and they just put a big cheesy grin on my face. I was surprised how much I liked 94-95 to be honest. They were a little difficult for me but I loved the music and background design even if the presentation had been upped in later releases. Loved going up in the elevator, the crashed airplane in the background and the forest stage. Some of the BGM was fantastic, even if some of the SE were a bit rough. Loved the presentation on 97 but found that the more ambient stripped down music left me a bit cold after some of the killer tunes on the other games. Will have to give it a couple more hours before I pass judgement though. All in all a top weekend!
Next weekend = Samurai Spirits 1-6 methinks!