What Manga are you reading?

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I'm curious if there's anyone around here who likes manga either for story, art or both I've started getting back to reading manga and hopefully to inspire me for my shitty drawings I'm done reading the whole series of Battle Angel Alita a.k.a. GUNNM(hope I spelled it right. ) I plan on reading more Bleach of course. I would like to know what your and what should I be reading or getting into.
Thanks.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I'm not a fan of manga, but I've taken a liking to Berserk. I've read through vol. 13. I still need to buy my next round of books.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
None, I'm an adult.
....as I get back to my retro videogames.

I can justify a lot of my geek habits to my peers, but Manga would be a tough one.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i'm half way through the vagabond series, the fictionalised life of muzashi miyamoto. and it has to be the best samurai manga i've have ever read. and i've read my share of samurai manga, including the lone wolf and cub.

i also read one piece and shaman king, as well as classics like fist of the north, crying freeman and akira which is a favourite of mine.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I never was attracted by Manga or Anime. The only one which is really adorable is Kozure Ôkami (Lone Wolf & Cub in the west) since it almost has a philosphical level of entertainment in my eyes. Golden Boy was also quite good.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I have many sets of mangas though I must admit I haven't bought that many in the last 3 or so years save for Bleach and Fairy Tail (both long ongoing series).

And yes, I do have the Cardcaptor Sakura mangas...many sets in many languages ;)

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I recently re-read Bakuman. I'm currently following UQ Holder as it releases more volumes.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I recently re-read Bakuman. I'm currently following UQ Holder as it releases more volumes.

just looked up bakuman. never heard of it before. looks good,i got a very shin megami tensei/persona vibe from it. just wish it had a super natural/super hero theme to it. more of a teen drama, but i will give it a read and see how it turns out.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I started recently with The Boy and the Beast, which has been released a couple of weeks ago over here :-)

159413.jpg

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
just looked up bakuman. never heard of it before. looks good,i got a very shin megami tensei/persona vibe from it. just wish it had a super natural/super hero theme to it. more of a teen drama, but i will give it a read and see how it turns out.

Its written by the author/illustrator team that did death note. It's about two kids that get into the manga industry, it follows them for six years. The clever part is they managed to wrap it in a shounen style format (rivals, arduous tasks, training montages).

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
You can't type "SNK" into google today without falling on Attack on Titan (shingeki no kyojin). It's a fun read but I find they're dragging the story too much.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I find they're dragging the story too much.

i don't think i've ever read a manga where the story wasn't dragged on. even akira could of easily been reduced to four volumes. we didn't need six. books 4 and 5 of akira was nothing but people running and hiding. that's roughly over 1000 pages of nothing but running and hiding.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
i'm half way through the vagabond series, the fictionalised life of muzashi miyamoto. and it has to be the best samurai manga i've have ever read. and i've read my share of samurai manga, including the lone wolf and cub.

i also read one piece and shaman king, as well as classics like fist of the north, crying freeman and akira which is a favourite of mine.

I'm also reading Vagabond. There seems to be a bit of a pause in the series. I've been reading this one since it came out in the US

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I really need to find a new manga to read, I used to read so much but I just stopped. Looking through this thread I noticed a couple of people mention Lonewolf & Cub. I love the films, so I might give the manga a try.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Been reading Gangsta and Tokyo Ghoul as well as the new Ultraman, Ashita no Joe and Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, I'd also like to get back to reading Gantz but for whatever reason I want to read it in a physical format and most of those are out of print, fucking Dark Horse

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've just got a Crunchyroll premium account for the new Berserk series.

Any Manga on Crunchyroll that people here would recommend giving a try?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I'm currently reading several manga right now. Bleach, Shingeki no Kyojin (finally, the stupid revolutionary bs is over), and a few others.

A couple not mentioned that might interest a few people here:

Grappler Baki (has several sequels)
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Ouroboros
Psyren

Jon

-SD-

Camel Slug
Yeah, I like to read manga. I've been a fan since I first came across Appleseed in the first issue of Manga Mania about 25(!!) years ago.

I'm currently reading Vampire Knight and the awesome Gundam hardbacks. I have just recently finished the Bakuman box set and it's well worth getting, great series. Most recently I've ordered all 25 volumes of Soul Eater which I'd like to start when Amazon stop fucking around and actually deliver them undamaged.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
i read Berserk up to book 9 a couple years back, but plan on getting into it again after seeing a couple of the movies..

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I've just got a Crunchyroll premium account for the new Berserk series.

Any Manga on Crunchyroll that people here would recommend giving a try?

I think its called A Silent Voice, its seven volumes, crunchy has all of it. One of my favorites that are offered on it.