What is your go to source for online news?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
There’s some good points here around rolling news and the effect it has on your mental health. In the last 3 years we’ve had so many ‘once in a lifetime’ like events that it either loses its meaning, or you risk becoming terrified to even leave your front door should a Russian Nuclear Bomb hit you on your way to pick up a lateral flow test.

I like keeping fairly up to date with political stuff but it can be hard to separate what you are interested in from the rest of the noise. Online news relies on clicks for revenue, and the more sensational sounding the headline - the more likely you are to click on that story.

I read a copy of the Daily Mail yesterday to mix it up a bit - for those that aren’t familiar with that UK paper it is about as right wing tabloid trash as we get over here. It has stuff about the sinking Russian ship and questions over how many actually died, support for getting civil servants back into the office for productivity reasons, support for Boris Johnson over partygate even though he broke his own rules and had parties in No 10 when the rest of the country was locked down (lol, proper old school corruption of one rule for us and one for you) and alot of bitchy tabloid stuff about Megan Markle.

Not my usual cup of tea, but doesn’t hurt to see the otherside of the coin from my usual clickbait now and then.
wow holy shit get a life. drive your wife around in your porsche or something.