What is your favorite version of Tetris?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Tetris attack, cause it's not Tetris

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Original Gameboy Tetris for me--my first experience with the game and still the best in my opinion.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I think I've played Tetris DX and Nintendo's NES Tetris most over the years. I've been intrigued by Tetris Grand Master but never had the chance to try it.

Have any of you seen the film The Ecstacy Of Order? Unlike other NES "documentaries" I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

Last edited:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
The Grandmaster 3. My goodness, that's the way Tetris should be!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I didn't know this was on famicom, I always played it on super famicom which is the version that gets my vote but I'll be checking the fami version out for sure now.

LOL. I didn't know there was a SNES version. I'll be checking that out.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Tetris for the OG Game Boy is #1. Tengen Tetris gets an honorable mention, tho.

This, but I'm really more of a Magical Drop III and Intelligent Qube guy. Tetris doesn't get much play (none), these days.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Game Boy original, like 4EVAR. Such a breakthrough title, showed what video gaming is all about: no sophisticated graphic engines, no tutorials and GTFO with DLCs. It's not even a color TV, or scan lines, or 4K curved widescreen. We live & die for the game play alone... and an occasional two player glee. What a title, indeed.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Played the original Atari version when it first came out in the arcades. Only other versions I played since were both on PS1: The Next Tetris and of course Tetris with Cardcaptor Sakura :tickled:

CCSTetris7a.jpg

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
The one on the original gameboy (still have the cart inserted on the gameboy) and the recent Puyo Puyo Tetris on ps4.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Tetris GB and NES got the most play from me. I recall Tetris clones online that had people play competitively, those were fun but I'd always get my ass kicked.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Another vote for Game Boy Tetris here. However, after I discovered Puyo Puyo, I never went back.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Tetris on the GBA, worlds I think it was.
Not the best but easily the version I spent the most time with.
I really liked Tengen Tetris on the NES once I got to play it via emulator.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
OG Game Boy can't be beat, genius move to make it a pack in game at launch. Shout out to the DS version, it's been a while since I played it but the Nintendo fan service was great..

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
The Nintendo NES version (NOT Tengen) is still the best. The gameboy version is pretty good too but I think it is much more limited when it comes to playing for score. You can play it indefinitely if you are good enough, unlike the NES version.