What is your favorite version of Tetris?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
way back when i used to play a PC version with like light fractals and a dark atmosphere and shit and i used to blast Darude while I played it

i thnk it was called tetrix or some shit. theres so many clones and it was so long ago that idk

Last edited:

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I'll have to go with the original Game Boy release, it's just timeless and was the perfect pack-in for the system.

NES Tengen is very good as well.

I know this might be blasphemous, but I really liked Tetris Worlds on the original Xbox. It had online play, and I spent countless hours in online matches (classic mode). Fun times.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Tetris DS. Spent countless hours playing it. Had a great online mode, lots of different game types, Nintendo visual style and soundtrack, played nice and fast.

I would agree there, but Nintendo wifi connection doesn't work anymore, but you can play 10PL ad hoc mode. I'd say the next tetris on N64 is my fave.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The Grandmaster series - Great challenge

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Actually fun

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
The pack in GB version. Its the only one I've ever liked, but that could be nostalgia.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
+1 for Tetris & Dr. Mario on SNES - it's a smoother version of the GB game.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
It is defenitely not the best Tetris but as I love Coop Games my favorite all time was "Bitris" on the PC

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I can't say Puyo Puyo because it is match 3, also why you can't quite say Columns or Puzzle Bobble.

The truly most amazing was Tetoris which was originally hosted on Sovietrussia.org, but you can find it on other sites like this:
http://www.ngworks.net/game/swf/tetoris.swf

Then the joke responses are Hatris:
maxresdefault.jpg

and Welltris:
welltris_7.gif

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'd have to say Tetris + on the Saturn was pretty good too.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Grandmaster + Arcade
Tengen Tetris NES

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Another vote for the Game Boy version. I love the music that plays as the rocket ship takes off during the ending.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I can't say Puyo Puyo because it is match 3, also why you can't quite say Columns or Puzzle Bobble.

The truly most amazing was Tetoris which was originally hosted on Sovietrussia.org, but you can find it on other sites like this:
http://www.ngworks.net/game/swf/tetoris.swf

Then the joke responses are Hatris:
maxresdefault.jpg

and Welltris:
welltris_7.gif
I've never played Hatris but it seems it plays just like Yoshi, could it be? I used to play the shit out of Yoshi GB and later on the NES cart. The Welltris game I played way back in some computer but it was all black and orange, this was eons ago.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My favorite version of Tetris?

Any one that involved a Russian engineer designing a video game instead of a nuclear missile call the Satan-fucking-2...

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I used to own Welltris like 25 years back and it was surprisingly fun, different, but fun yet I really would not want to call it Tetris either as while similar the mechanics are so very much changed.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
a nuclear missile call the Satan-fucking-2...

LOL, NATO calls it Satan 2, not Russia.
R-36 Voevoda is the Russian name, NATO calls it Satan 1
RS-28 Sarmat is the Russian name, NATO name not known but reported as Satan 2

BUT NATO designation Satan 2 already exists, it is a R-36 variant.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
For a long while, I was partial to playing the NES Tetris on an emulator.

Eventually, I moved on to Tetris DS (which I loved).

My last major bout of Tetris fever was with Tetris: The Grand Master 3.

I picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris for the Vita. Been playing that off an on. Haven't gotten far enough into the story mode to really feel that challenged by it...yet.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'd like t get my hands on TGM3, is it a Taito Type X game? I've played the Grand Master Ace for JP360, it was ok but the language barrier didn't help much. I can play regular Tetris but the rest of the stuff I have no idea. Game plays like a mix of Arika Tetris and proprietary Tetris, as in a mix of the rules and system. Is Taito Type X emulated yet?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'd like t get my hands on TGM3, is it a Taito Type X game?

Yes, it's a Type X game. I think there's also a hacked version of it on the Type X2 multi that's floating around.

Is Taito Type X emulated yet?

Yes, there are patched versions of all the Type X games floating around out there. The Type X was a Windows-based platform, so they should run on most recent computers.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Favorite would have to be the original gameboy version. I remember getting the original gameboy as a kid that had tetris with it. Many good memories.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Tetris DS
Tetris (NES)
Tetris TGM3 Terror Instinct

^ all best

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
No love for The New Tetris on N64?

4 Player
outstanding music
no loading
a new gimmick that's actually enjoyable (4 X 4 blocks)
there's a rant by the developer hidden in the code

Only marred slightly by being buggy. If you complete a line exactly as the timer hits zero it crashes and deletes your entire save file.

Last edited: