What is your ABSOLUTE FAVORITE fighting game? No BS.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Street Fighter II: Championship Edition. Not saying it's the best, but it's my favorite.
My nigga. Out of all the various versions of SF2 I still prefer Champion Edition as well.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That game looks so rad, but the price has gotten insane.

My fav is a tie of three.
SFIIHF
SFA2
FFS

I wish I had the double pack, of Blade/Buster...just can't swang dat price.

My Buster was a Legend scoop...$70usd.

It's a perfect blend of DarkStalkers art direction, Real Bout control scheme, Breakers speed, and Alpha chunkiness.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
im prolly best at Tekken Tag, but Soul Caliber is up there.

I'd prefer to choose a 2d game, and Last Blade is just amazing IMO. I just loved the story, music, and style.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Favorite: MVC2
Close runners up: 3rd Strike and MOTW

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
My nigga. Out of all the various versions of SF2 I still prefer Champion Edition as well.

I'm in the same boat. It feels "floaty" and too slow for some, but I really like it. It's got no BS million hit combos.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I wish I had the double pack, of Blade/Buster...just can't swang dat price.

My Buster was a Legend scoop...$70usd.

It's a perfect blend of DarkStalkers art direction, Real Bout control scheme, Breakers speed, and Alpha chunkiness.

SO YOU'RE THE ONE THAT SNAKED IT FROM ME!!!!!!!! GAHHH!!!!! Wen had said it had sold only a couple days before. :( Let me know if you ever want to sell it ;)

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I always sucked and always will on classic 2D fighting games. But when I discovered Tekken all changed. I was still bad, but I could perform some combos and the 4 buttons for punches and kicks make sense for me as it never did three for Virtua or six for SF.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I like Real bout 2 a lot. I really wish they implemented a training mode or a least a proper 2 players mode in the home version though, what the fuck were they thinking. I'm glad I have a unibios installed in my mobo.

My top fighters on the Neo would be RB2/KOF '98/MOTW.

My favorite fighting game of all time would probabbly be Street Fighter II, the game that started it all.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Long, long ago, there were a man who try to make his skill ultimate. Because of his bloody life, it's no accident that he was involved in the troubles.

Ss2genjurobg.gif

Ss2hanzobg.gif

While I had played other fighting games, this one was the first to really leave me impressed.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
MotW or Samurai Shodown 2

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I'm in the same boat. It feels "floaty" and too slow for some, but I really like it. It's got no BS million hit combos.

Yeah infinits & super long combos are too BS in SF2.:tickled::hammer:

CE is way to slow for me & CE Bison & Guile are to stronk. I think the best arcade street fighter is SF2 Hyper Fighting. Best speed & without supers.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Top 4

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold
RBFFS
SamSho II
Street Fighter II Champion Edition

There is so many fighters I love this list is just a representation of an at the moment kind of thing.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yeah infinits & super long combos are too BS in SF2.:tickled::hammer:

CE is way to slow for me & CE Bison & Guile are to stronk. I think the best arcade street fighter is SF2 Hyper Fighting. Best speed & without supers.

They are so stronk that I scare wen people use there infinits.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Super Turbo. Not even close. I would gladly play someone better than me and lose every match for hours in that game and still enjoy myself.

People who like HDR over ST, why?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
SO YOU'RE THE ONE THAT SNAKED IT FROM ME!!!!!!!! GAHHH!!!!! Wen had said it had sold only a couple days before. :( Let me know if you ever want to sell it ;)

Oh shit, son. I didn't mean to scoop, Scoops! I'll prolly never sell; it made it onto this thread for a legit reason...I truly love it the most.

If I ever *do* sell-I'll do you a solid. $71 for yuo. ;^)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Oh shit, son. I didn't mean to scoop, Scoops! I'll prolly never sell; it made it onto this thread for a legit reason...I truly love it the most.

If I ever *do* sell-I'll do you a solid. $71 for yuo. ;^)

I've only watched vids, (poor ones at that) and was blown away, Id like to scoop both games in the series someday.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Mortal Kombat II. As much as I loved MK1, 2 just blew me away as a sequel, and as a game. To this day, it's the only fighter that I both still play regularly, and spent the time learning how to use every single character in its roster.

Top runners up:
King of Fighters '97
Samurai Shodown 1 (I know 2 is better, but 1 had a much more profound effect on me and my tastes. It was also my first NeoGeo game!)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo (again, I know there are better versions, but this one is my favorite)
SNK vs Capcom: MOTM (still the best handheld fighter I've ever played)