What is everyones opinion of SNK games on other systems?

JRock917

, ,
the load times on DC are indeed nice and short with alot of games, but in order to play a game like LB2FE on a us DC you either have to have it modded or have a gameshark you know, and I hear the gameshark does not do that decent a job. I am not real big on modding a system, so I think I will just stick with getting the neo cart or cd version of LB2. I used to have that KOF 98 us release, and the guy at EB said they got one in for twenty bucks; it might be a good time to rekindle a lost love...

benares

Kula's Candy
I'd like to add my opinion to the list:

Samurai Shodown and Super Street Fighter on the 3DO system are top notch.

There I said it!

JRock917

, ,
..and boy did I ever rekindle that old flame! got the game today, and I dont know why I had any doubts about it in the first place, damn; I guess sometimes you gotta play a game twice to know if you can dig it or not.

JRock917

, ,
... I too used to have SS on 3DO, it was indeed a good game; I am gonna get it on neo cart now thought, like I should have done in the first place
smile.gif

Atariguy

Hardened Shock Trooper, ,
I liked the Game Gear version of Samurai Shodown. The gameplay was good, but it was missing some characters and the endings were ruined.

JRock917

, ,
for some reason I can hardly imagine SS on game gear; I guess when that game was released on consoles it was treated like most hit arcade games of the time; they made as many "versions" of it as they could, because they knew that no matter how shoddy it looked it would sell, and they could sell it to gamers on every platform. Mortal Kombat anyone?

Vagabum

n00b
Maybe it's just my crap monitor, or Neorage but I had the 3DO SS too and I kinda remember it having the bigger sprites..

well worth the 7 second load time before each fight
smile.gif

JRock917

, ,
It was the only port of SS that I think was ever any good anyway, one of the better games in a library of some pretty suck ass 3DO titles.

endgamer

Another Striker
I just got Metal Slug for the SEGA Saturn and I most say I am most happy. It has an art gallery that can be viewed from the get go. There are at least 230 different pieces of art here almost all of them directly related to Metal Slug.
Granted some of the voice is not present but the graphics are beautiful & sharp and there is very little slowdown. Even the load times are quick but hten again I have a 4MEG ram cart and SEGA S-video. Solid A here.