What happened to rimm_rs's SSVS preorder thread?!?

drone9

Marked Wolf
I'm positive that it was still in the selling forum yesterday....
anybody know any details?
I was so looking forward to my copy. :crying:

conspiracy? :eye:

Curt

apostate
It seems to have been deleted... my posts in that thread do not show up in my Post History...

Too bad...

Perhaps we will have to pay full price???

Damn Shame...

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Green with envy.................

I think Shawn got jealous because Ryan got more pre orders than him.... :)

rimm_rs

Banned
I'm going to be reasonable about this:
This is Shawn's site and he can do whatever he wants to.

Along the lines of being reasonable:
He should not offer those 1-6 copy and bulk pricing options in the first place if he does not want people using them or at the very least he should stipulate some restrictions.

The"r word" yet again:
I would think it reasonable that the 12 people that were on that list (many of whom paid) should get the game for the appropiate price. I mean I did bluntly tell peple that already made a deal with Shawn that I would not have them cancel and then reorder with me, so that was fair.

Also I think it would be good for Shawn about 2/3 of those people told me they wer eonly getting the game b/c of the slightly lower price and would not have otherwsie, so that means more sales that the man would not have had at all. So Shawn, please reconsider, it does benefit you and the gamer also.

Again, this is just my two cents and it is up to Shawn.

Last edited:

Freelancer

Banned
Chalk up yet another reason not to deal with the Neostore. First the classic insert debacle and now this.

Don't bother with SSVS in that case then...get it from NCSX or buy it used a few months later.

:oh_no:

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Wow... uh, I don't think I'll be dealing with the Neo Store ever if this is true. That's pretty crappy right there.

-AG

Freelancer

Banned
Adam Gallant said:
Wow... uh, I don't think I'll be dealing with the Neo Store ever if this is true. That's pretty crappy right there.

-AG

Of course it is.
Why even bother offering the discount if you're going to pull back on it?
As I said, other sources for this game will exist...

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
"Wholesale pricing (more than 6 pieces). You must order outside the shopping cart system to obtain these prices. You can combine any quantity of English or Japanese version SSVS AES. To order, send email with your complete shipping address, phone #, and quantity of US & Japanese pieces you wish to order and you will be promptly provided with a total including shipping quote to your location."

As far as I see this can still be done, I just take it someone prefers it be done silently and not advertised for whatever reason. If the above isnt being honored then its like a store that advertises coupons and refuses to accept them.

Shawn is just caught in the "you let it happen last time" problem.

Think about it, the original spirit of the bulk purchase was to let other vendors purchase the game such that they could sell at retail.

The spirit of the wholesale pricing was definitely NOT to have another entity advertising for preorders on Shawn's own site. That's just not a reasonable expectation.

Yes he allowed this to happen once. I couldn't believe he did that.

B

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
brentsg said:
Think about it, the original spirit of the bulk purchase was to let other vendors purchase the game such that they could sell at retail.

I don't think this is a big deal at all.
If you want to buy it, buy it, if not, that's good too.
No body cares.

Last edited:

rimm_rs

Banned
I just got an e-mail from a concerned person asking me if I would be banned from this site for this. I CANNOT see why; I broke no rules at all. Shawn is a fair guy and would not ban anyone unless they break the law.

Still, I do very much appreciate the concern.

buster_broon

The Rock,
i can't see why shawn would want to bin this as he is getting confirmed sales at the end of teh day and he isnt left with bulk copies of the games like what normally happens

maybe it was deleted by accident by a moderator thats unless shawn has told ryan he cant do it anymore

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

buster_broon

The Rock,
rimm_rs said:
I just got an e-mail from a concerned person asking me if I would be banned from this site for this. I CANNOT see why; I broke no rules at all. Shawn is a fair guy and would not ban anyone unless they break the law.

Still, I do very much appreciate the concern.

agreed - you had no where near as many sam special as you did for slug 5 so if Shawn is making a loss why didnt he cancel it then

and i cant see how Shawn can be making a loss if he is offering the title for 100usd less than retail if you buy enough boxes so Shawn must be getting them pretty cheap

maybe playmore have stepped in a told shawn off for offering bulk sales to other companies, maybe they just want other companies to deal with them direct - like shawn does

hopefully he will come here and clear everything up

rimm_rs

Banned
buster_broon said:
i can't see why shawn would want to bin this as he is getting confirmed sales at the end of teh day and he isnt left with bulk copies of the games like what normally happens

maybe it was deleted by accident by a moderator thats unless shawn has told ryan he cant do it anymore

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey Jason,

A BIG part of the reason MS5 was such a fast sell out was the Preorder thread I helped with. I think this would be more of the same.

Also, he's not losing money on a bulk buy. When he sells 60 pieces the cost drops $100 or so, and Shawn's a great business person and would not do this at a loss. He is making money. In the case of the SSVS perorder thread 8/12 people that signed up said they were NOT going to buy the game new until the got the offer a of slightly lower price. So that would bring in brand new sales.

There were not stipluations as you can see from Neofight's cut and paste. It is only reasonable to follow the rules, not assume there is deeper meaning.

I e-mailed Shawn about the bulk buy Thrusday or Friday and have not heard back from him. The fact that he has been so quiet might indicate that you are right and this is a mod error.

Shawn, I ask again,please let the 12 people that were signed up already get the game.

Ryan

Last edited:

buster_broon

The Rock,
rimm_rs said:
I e-mailed Shawn about the bulk buy Thrusday or Friday and have not heard back from him. The fact that he has been so quiet might indicate that you are right and this is a mod error.

just to point out i email'd shawn about some classic art packs on Saturday morning and he got back to me within an hour or so

so he has been around fella - so he probably seen your email

rimm_rs

Banned
buster_broon said:
just to point out i email'd shawn about some classic art packs on Saturday morning and he got back to me within an hour or so

so he has been around fella - so he probably seen your email

Maybe since the $ amount was higher he needed some time to think up a pricing structure. I ALWAYS give people the benefit of the doubt. You know, the innocent until proven guilty thing. Shawn's a good guy and I cannot see him pulling a stunt like that.

Shawn

snkusa.com
rimm_rs (Ryan Smith) agreed that MS5 would be the last group sale. This was explicitly explained to him by phone, email, and in person. He clearly remembered and understood this for KoF 2003 AES, and he surely remembered this for SSVS, but for whatever motive, he chose to test the waters.

After the MS5 group sale I could no longer publicly advertise discount pricing above a 6 piece purchase on the NeoStore, in order to avoid another situation like this arising. Now I’m surprised to see him at it again without even contacting me in advance to see if plans have changed (which they haven’t). The fact that he decided to go against our agreement and offer SSVS at a deep discount is false advertising. Bottom line, false advertising on NG.com is prohibited and thus his thread was deleted on spot (once it was brought to my attention).

I’ve been Mr. Nice guy way too long, and honestly, I don’t think any other logical business would allow competitors (other businesses) to advertise on their home turf (NG.com website in this case) to take away business. Most anyone else in my position would have deleted the rimm_rs account long ago, but this is finally being discussed in the mod forum now.

Please understand that SNKP would never allow their distributors to undercut each other, and as the exclusive North American distributor for the NeoGeo AES market, I also cannot allow JGN (Ryan Smith) to undercut the global retail market for SSVS. However, JGN could offer SSVS on his own neo store for the MSRP like everyone else.

You see, it’s only the MVS market that lacks a global pricing structure and involves frequent price warz. The AES market has been very stable for retailers with literally no undercutting during my experiences. Besides, the main reason for stability of new releases is because there just isn’t any room for undercutting due to the thin profit margin for video game software.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
The spirit of the wholesale pricing was definitely NOT to have another entity advertising for preorders on Shawn's own site. That's just not a reasonable expectation.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Ryan, you're a good seller but if you can't understand this then you truly are clueless.

You use his forums on a daily basis, then try to undercut his profit margin on his own games to boost your rep here :shame: In the true spirit of the bulk order, why not pre-purchase 12 copies then offer them lower on your competing neo website JGN?

To the rest of you: I'm all for a cheaper deal but if a $20 discount is what was holding you back, then I guess you don't really want the game anyways. Pick it up used in 2-3 months if thats what ya want. Also, think of how much time you spend on of these forums and how entertaining it is. Certainly you can support the host.

Droid

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
droid said:
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Ryan, you're a good seller but if you can't understand this then you truly are clueless.

You use his forums on a daily basis, then try to undercut his profit margin on his own games to boost your rep here :shame: In the true spirit of the bulk order, why not pre-purchase 12 copies then offer them lower on your competing neo website JGN?

To the rest of you: I'm all for a cheaper deal but if a $20 discount is what was holding you back, then I guess you don't really want the game anyways. Pick it up used in 2-3 months if thats what ya want. Also, think of how much time you spend on of these forums and how entertaining it is. Certainly you can support the host.

Droid

Why not cut the Neo Selling forum then? That's undercutting Shawn (who does sell used AES from time to time) by quite a bit. I know for a fact that the $105 you sold me KoF 98 would be less than what he'd sell it at.

People might see this different than I do, but I see a double standard.

-AG

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ryan should setup a preorder system on his web store, then buy from Shawn at discount wholesaling. It'd be the same thing.

This is gay.