What happened to Best Buy?

Yoshi

20 Year Member
People realize that the day Best Buy goes under, Amazon will stop their 20% off new games with Prime and have one less place to force them to match prices, right? Be careful what you ask for.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
People realize that the day Best Buy goes under, Amazon will stop their 20% off new games with Prime and have one less place to force them to match prices, right? Be careful what you ask for.

Well said Yoshi.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

Soooo much this.

When Circuit City went under the deals at Best Buy, Target, & Walmart were no longer as good. As CC & BB were each other's main competitors with Target & Wallyworld just kinda price matching. When BB no longer had to compete w/CC I noticed an immediate increase in DVD prices. Or I guess it was a decrease in discounts more than an actual price increase.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Anyone ever use Best Buy's old Cowboom website? You could scoop returned systems for cheap. Hell last november they were running floor model and returned PS4 systems for $209. Plus they gave you 15 days to return anything. I scooped a minty white Vita from there years ago.

I used it for awhile to pick up cheap systems. I actually scored my Neo Geo X Gold from there for about $75. Sold used but it was pretty much brand new with the boxes, paperwork, and all that jazz.