What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You gotta love the French! lol I don't think I've ever seen those symbols put up for actual move set use...lol

That's great man, keep on rocking!

I've been playing Ultra 4 and HD Remix, I just got Blazblue Chrono Phantasm and want to mess around with it.

I also want to get my hands on a Disc release of Jojo's All Star and that import for the PS3 Under Night of Birth, heard a lot of good things about the game.

EG, what do you think of Utra? Is it worth buying?

I've been playing RB2 at my job these days. Still the best Fatal Fury to me :buttrock:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
EG, what do you think of Utra? Is it worth buying?

If you like SFIV as a whole I say it's worth it. More and better stages, more music (although just a bit better than the forgettable previous effort but whatevs). The extra characters from Tekken vs SF are cool to have for more variety, Rolento is back in a big way. All around I feel it's a solid entry with a nice low price, I got me the disc release, I wasn't thrilled about the DLC update to AE. I dunno, I just prefer a disc.

If you didn't like SFIV then this game isn't going to turn anyone over, it's slightly faster but not enough to bring you back to ST. The turn offs are still present, the art direction is still the same. This release was good on the DLC department though, it has all the extra shenanigans that were being sold before, so that could be a bonus for some, I don't really fret over that though.

40 bucks is not a bad deal at all.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Let me know so we can have some games, PSN or XBL. Some people went PC but apparently Steam isn't doing great with the netcode. I'd stick with XBL if you have the service, smoother matches.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man, great game! Angel Eyes, Sonic Council and Asuka 120% Especial, all amazing obscure? fighters.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Oh man, great game! Angel Eyes, Sonic Council and Asuka 120% Especial, all amazing obscure? fighters.

I love Asuka 120% Excellent on the playstation and limited on the Saturn.

I've only played Sonic Council once, and I've yet to play Angel Eyes.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Tried playing Mortal Kombat II online. Played one guy for 2 matches then nobody. Switched to MK9 but realized I hate that game still. Then tried DOA5U and could only get one match in arcade ranked. I feel like Garfield. Mondays suck. Mornings suck.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Ultra 4, SF3 Third Strike, Injustice(ps4 and vita) MK9 vita(wish they had kept online for this as it was the smoothest and i had a gotten up to 39 or 40 on unranked matches) MvsC2(just got the offical arcade stick for this and its really nice) SS2 and SS4.......................)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love Asuka 120% Excellent on the playstation and limited on the Saturn.

I've only played Sonic Council once, and I've yet to play Angel Eyes.

Remember when Guilty Gear was awesome on the PSX? I still have a soft spot for it, up there with my fav games, I felt GGX and so forth lost a bit of personality but gained on the gameplay.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Remember when Guilty Gear was awesome on the PSX? I still have a soft spot for it, up there with my fav games, I felt GGX and so forth lost a bit of personality but gained on the gameplay.

Sure. I thought the first Guilty Gear was really cool. I wish I didn't leave my copy at some chick's house in 2006 though.

EDIT:
Imagine with we lived in an alternate universe where Guilty Gear died on the playstation in 1998, and Advanced VG XX 5 Plus R wound up in every western home.

And then it would lose steam and BlazPink would surface.

Last edited:

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Recently, I've been having an absolute blast with Fist Of The North Star for the Sammy Atomiswave. This property license has seen a lot of sup-par releases that just didn't do the series justice; but, this is exactly how Fist Of The North Star should be. Plus, it's made by Arc System Works: a company that can practically do no wrong in my book. :cool:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Playing The Last Blade and Aggressors of Dark Kombat on the neo cab.

NeoAce

Quiz Detective
Super Street Fighter II Turbo

That's it. It never gets old to me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Sip, debo practicar más, definitivamente he perdido mi estilo en estos 20 años :)

De que parte de Colombia sos? Yo me crie entre el Valle del Cauca y Quindío. Mucha competencia en SFII en esos tiempos, los Colombianos son muy ajiceros y pues me tocaba darle duro a todos...por eso me echaron aca a los estados unidos.

Ve, si queres te vendo my Cyber Lip cart, esta viejongo pero juega perfecto, tengo un "label" que reproduci y te lo puedo incluir de pura chepa para que lo coloques despues de darle una buena limpieza. Si te interesa y si vivis por aca arriba porque la enviada por correo cuesta mucho.

Dejeme saber, ok parce!

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Recently, I've been having an absolute blast with Fist Of The North Star for the Sammy Atomiswave. This property license has seen a lot of sup-par releases that just didn't do the series justice; but, this is exactly how Fist Of The North Star should be. Plus, it's made by Arc System Works: a company that can practically do no wrong in my book. :cool:

Kinda curious is this said playing it with limited knowledge of the game, or knowing how to mess with all the crazy glitches and infinites. Cause in all honesty I'm kinda starting to like one mistake kills this game offers simply cause FOTNS is kinda like that anyways.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

You enjoy Treasure, and Arc. This is good. Your posts have a very nostalgic, 2006 quality. This is also good.

But this rev of a HnK game fails, where the Famicom side scroller succeeded...EXPLODING ZED HEADS.

Back OT; I'm playing Power Instinct pcb. This game is hella good, by early 90s standards.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Over the last couple days I have found enjoyment in the simplicity of SFII Champion Edition. It's been a while and I know lots of people say SFII2T or gtfo but it's enjoyable every now and then to play something easy and simple as Champ Ed.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
De que parte de Colombia sos? Yo me crie entre el Valle del Cauca y Quindío. Mucha competencia en SFII en esos tiempos, los Colombianos son muy ajiceros y pues me tocaba darle duro a todos...por eso me echaron aca a los estados unidos.

Ve, si queres te vendo my Cyber Lip cart, esta viejongo pero juega perfecto, tengo un "label" que reproduci y te lo puedo incluir de pura chepa para que lo coloques despues de darle una buena limpieza. Si te interesa y si vivis por aca arriba porque la enviada por correo cuesta mucho.

Dejeme saber, ok parce!

PM sent :)

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Still playing to Garou MOTW, trying improve my Just Defend skill.
So techniques are easy to full just def and some are just impossible to just def even the first hit, I really don't get it for the moment.

Also playing Rumble Fish 2 on Atomiswave with Zen and Orville, this game is really awesome.
Easy to play when you begin, fast and very punchy but a very interesting gameplay with a lot of possibilites to attack and also to defend, that made that game very interesting and complete.
Really one of the best fighting games ever.
Much better than the first episode.

Try RF2 guys.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
9282c67358bed2087ef7d1d239e52b71.jpg

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
FUCK YES!!! The Gouketsuji clan never dies!!!

Gonna have to fire up my Legends PCB, I do miss the transformations...so much beef.

Dude, I need legends in a bad way! I love (and have) this PI1, for nostalgia-plus, for '93 it still holds up (biker gang/headbanger background FTW!).