What do I need to run 360 games on 1080p?

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
After the famous 1080p update, I'm curious to know what do you need to play in that resolution. Which games are 1080p compatible? Do I need VGA or Component it's enough?

This is because SSF2T HD. Should I wait for Elite?

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
All the elite will do is allow you to go through HDMI (if your TV has it) what you'll need is a tv that supports 1080p and otherwise the 360 comes with everything you need just hook up the component cables and flick the HDTV switch on the 360 video connnector. I believe you may need an HDTV tuner as well?

Currently I have a bigscreen thats capable of 1080 but no HDTV tuner so I don't use that just the component.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Samsung and Westinghouse were the only two manufacturers that allow 1080p through component, the last time I checked.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
roker said:
Samsung and Westinghouse were the only two manufacturers that allow 1080p through component, the last time I checked.
It works on my Westinghouse, but I get weird bands of color on my screen. I need to fork over the $ for a VGA cable already.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
It works on my Westinghouse, but I get weird bands of color on my screen. I need to fork over the $ for a VGA cable already.

it has to do with your firmware

I guess there's a later revision that fixed those problems, though if I recall, there is no way to update manually, basically you're stuck with what you bought

do a search on the avs forums

showdownfan666

Baseball Star Hitter
roker said:
My Sharp Aquos does 1080p through Component.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Maximum available resolution over VGA is 1920x1080. That is if your VGA connected device supports it. Many averagely-priced monitors can't go beyond the 1360x768 setting. So while you can select a higher resolution on the 360, those average monitors can't display it, due to being limited to 1440x900 resolution. A true 1080p display (including the monitors that can go that high), that accepts VGA, should get maximum resolution.

Last edited: