what charges will officers face in the Breonna Taylor murder case?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The AG in the case is Cameron, who is close with McConnell. I imagine that the court could be willing to let these murderers walk free in order to cause more protests, so that Trump can point and call them looters and rioters. Anything to help the cause.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
looks like an officer was charged with wanton endangerment for spraying bullets into other apartments, but no murder charges.

buckle up.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Utter fucking bullshit. So sick of these fucking cowards with badges getting away with shit.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Utter fucking bullshit. So sick of these fucking cowards with badges getting away with shit.

They were operating within the rules of a system that is set up to operate this way, of course they wouldn't be charged.

Quit expecting justice to look like putting a few cops in jail. Start voting for politicians that actually intend on dismantling or significantly reforming the police system in this country.

Or keep voting for Democrats and Republicans I guess. That seems to have worked well too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That’s disingenuous. The police claimed they were looking for another man, who wasn’t there. We’re they trying to shoot him, without getting confirmation that he was the person at the end of their guns? No. At the very least it was manslaughter. But ain’t gunna happen when the DA has Mitch McConnell’s brand on his ass.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
What would have happened if this wasn't on the news every few days for the last six months?

Nothing it would have been swept under the rug.
Happens all the time.

Friends on Facebook: if you feel the police have done you wrong then you should sue them...

12M won't do you much good if you're dead.

Anyways god luck with that.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I live in Louisville, Kentucky. Things are pretty fucky here right now. As a result of the inaction of authorities towards those who killed Taylor, people are rioting, buildings are boarded up. Schools are closed. Stores are closed. People getting arrested. My mom had to close her store because there were protests just one block away and people were going apeshit. She moved ALL her stock to another location in fear of looters...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I live in Louisville, Kentucky. Things are pretty fucky here right now. As a result of the inaction of authorities towards those who killed Taylor, people are rioting, buildings are boarded up. Schools are closed. Stores are closed. People getting arrested. My mom had to close her store because there were protests just one block away and people were going apeshit. She moved ALL her stock to another location in fear of looters...

Good news is that you’re white and the police won’t shoot you and try to pay your survivors to say you were involved in organized crime.

lithy

20 Year Member
That’s disingenuous. The police claimed they were looking for another man, who wasn’t there. We’re they trying to shoot him, without getting confirmation that he was the person at the end of their guns? No. At the very least it was manslaughter. But ain’t gunna happen when the DA has Mitch McConnell’s brand on his ass.

Any court that approves a warrant to be served in this fashion and any police department that serves warrants in the fashion that this one was, already tacitly acknowledges that what happened to Taylor is an acceptable part of serving that warrant. It isn't manslaughter, it is police work. I'm not sure what's disingenuous about that assertion.

I just continually see people disappointed that cops aren't being locked up when the system that would do that is the same one that sent them out to interact with the people they kill day in and day out.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
It isn't manslaughter, it is police work.

ok then have it your way, it's shitty police work. The shitty job caused a death. Now how responsible are they for their actions, you say not at all?

lithy

20 Year Member
ok then have it your way, it's shitty police work. The shitty job caused a death. Now how responsible are they for their actions, you say not at all?

"One of the police officers involved in the shooting death of Breonna Taylor in her home in Louisville, Kentucky, in March was charged Wednesday with first-degree wanton endangerment, but the officer whose shot killed Taylor was not indicted."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tt-hankison-charged-breonna-taylor-s-n1238036

Seems so.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
"One of the police officers involved in the shooting death of Breonna Taylor in her home in Louisville, Kentucky, in March was charged Wednesday with first-degree wanton endangerment, but the officer whose shot killed Taylor was not indicted."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tt-hankison-charged-breonna-taylor-s-n1238036

Seems so.

J-Dogg, when you become a bootlicker?

But seriously. Can I insert emotion in here for a second?

Put yourself in that situation. What would you have done?

The cops should have made their presence known, period.

lithy

20 Year Member
J-Dogg, when you become a bootlicker?

But seriously. Can I insert emotion in here for a second?

Put yourself in that situation. What would you have done?

The cops should have made their presence known, period.

You and Xavier both seem to have confused my observations with what happened for my idea for what should happen and I'm not sure why.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Disappointing but not unexpected.

I pray to Crom the voters remember this sham and vote these gestapo out.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Isn't the problem mainly with the laws and police procedures? Seems like most times these incidents happen the prosecutors claim their hands are tied or the case falls apart because the police can prove they "followed procedures". Qualified immunity and all that.

Maybe focus on this issue rather than yelling about Trump and fascism.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Isn't the problem mainly with the laws and police procedures? Seems like most times these incidents happen the prosecutors claim their hands are tied or the case falls apart because the police can prove they "followed procedures". Qualified immunity and all that.

Maybe focus on this issue rather than yelling about Trump and fascism.

Everyone did focus on this issue and it seems like it's legal for me to enter your home and shoot you if I have a badge on.

You were very anti-Trump in 2016, what happened to Bernie?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
You and Xavier both seem to have confused my observations with what happened for my idea for what should happen and I'm not sure why.

Maybe it's the way you come off. I didn't intend anything by it. Just wondering is all.

lithy

20 Year Member
Everyone did focus on this issue and it seems like it's legal for me to enter your home and shoot you if I have a badge on.

With a no knock warrant issued and a shot fired at them it is almost the very definition of legal.

Hell, they even claim they identified themselves as police confirmed by an 'independent witness'. No body camera footage though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Any court that approves a warrant to be served in this fashion and any police department that serves warrants in the fashion that this one was, already tacitly acknowledges that what happened to Taylor is an acceptable part of serving that warrant. It isn't manslaughter, it is police work. I'm not sure what's disingenuous about that assertion.

I just continually see people disappointed that cops aren't being locked up when the system that would do that is the same one that sent them out to interact with the people they kill day in and day out.

It's manslaughter because the police officers allegedly fired their guns at a person who wasn't there, at all. If a person kills another without malice or intent, it is manslaughter. Please look these things up before arguing your ignorance, lithy.

lithy

20 Year Member
It's manslaughter because the police officers allegedly fired their guns at a person who wasn't there, at all. If a person kills another without malice or intent, it is manslaughter. Please look these things up before arguing your ignorance, lithy.

The unlawful killing without malice or intent. People kill each other in myriad ways that do not rise to a charge of manslaughter. You must know that.

They had a warrant, they were fired upon. At that point they were legally allowed to return fire.

All a manslaughter charge would have done is delay the anger from yesterday until the acquittal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The unlawful killing without malice or intent. People kill each other in myriad ways that do not rise to a charge of manslaughter. You must know that.

They had a warrant, they were fired upon. At that point they were legally allowed to return fire.

All a manslaughter charge would have done is delay the anger from yesterday until the acquittal.

having a warrant doesn't absolve an officer of wrongdoing. The warrant was for the arrest of a person who was not there, based on wrong information. At the point that we realize the warrant is void, all acts by the police stemming from that warrant are also void of legality. In this case, a competent DA (not some Cameron) would charge these 3 men under manslaughter at the minimum, going as far as 2nd degree murder. Instead, they spent 6 months laying low before presenting a lot of documents that would portray Breonna Taylor as Jamarcus Glover's partner in crime. Yet the warrant still did not say that the police were there to arrest Breonna Taylor. The idea of Taylor as a criminal was a mere afterthought to protect the careers of three white murderers.

There is also the problem of the no-knock question. The officers stated they announced themselves as the police. Kenneth Walker stated that he asked who was there, and no one responded. So you have a question of proper procedure. Daniel Cameron has been trying to argue (strangely, as the prosector) that the police did announce and this was not a no-knock situation, which would absolve the police of wrongdoing. But why would Walker shoot if he knew they were the police? Why would the 911 call have Walker telling the operator that "someone kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend"?

The procedure and legality is not settled just because a guy who Mitch McConnell is very close to says so.