What characters should be introduced into the KOF universe and why?

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
My vote goes to Rick from Real Bout. I can't believe the new SNK still hasn't put Rick in a KOF game or even NBC for that matter. In NBC they chose the two chonsei brothers over him... I mean damn. Rick's got style and a nice set of moves, he could do some serious damage. Also, Freeman from MOTW has a sorta different style of play than most characters he deserves a good shot as well. There needs to be more variety in the characters to sustain the KOF series. I believe Freeman can add some nice variety from the endless SNK staples we get every year.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Kushnood butt. To top the amount of Kyoukugen'ers up to 5.

Also, bring Wolfgang Krauser into the fold.

And why not Hanzo and Fuuma?

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
taitai said:
And why not Hanzo and Fuuma?

YES i would love that, more WH characters,

also would like caffeine nicotine although I know chars from weapon based games would make it unbalanced , but it would be cool to have obscure characters like him.

Lee from AOF

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
cafu1982 said:

also would like caffeine nicotine although I know chars from weapon based games would make it unbalanced , but it would be cool to have obscure characters like him.

Lee from AOF

I dont think they would make the game too unbalanced, long range and big damage yes. But they can take damage like a bitch. Sides soem of them suck like Basara for example.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
World Heroes most definitely save for Captain Kidd. I've seen enough Guile ripoffs in KOF.
Breakers would be nice.
Same for Double Dragon.
Metal Slug would depend if the characters end up being projectile whores like Mina and Bao. If that's the case; thanks, but no thanks.

Last edited:

Robert

20 Year Member
Character: the guy in Magician lord
Why: Because we all miss him.

BlackReppuKen

Zero's Secretary
Cham-Cham would be cool.I don't really have an explanation but I figure it wouldn't hurt the gameplay style any.

duck king and i bub&bob. the bub standing on bob's shoulders wearing a long trench coat. Special move?? open the trench coat and shoot a bubble containg an different animal depending on different button combo's................i realy need to get out more.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
How about a second Art of Fighting team with John Crawley, Jack Turner & Mickey Rogers?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
cafu1982 said:

Lee from AOF

If you want a Nicotine style character, why not root for Suzaku while you're at it?

...wait, nevermind. I've had enough storyline envolving the Qin scrolls.

Knatty Dreadnok

Crossed Swords Squire
How about Bob Wilson, the game needs more variety. I remember back in the day I use to grow sick of watching the same ol' tired repetitive characters get a spot! I was so pissed when they teased fans by putting Bobby in the KOF 97 background.

Hell I'd even like to see another stick fighter like Kim Kaphwan's cousin. SNK had a plethora of excellent talented who never got a shot. They kept installing lame-ass characters like Choi, Chin etc over and over again. The series got monotonus.

They could have atleast brought back Eiji in 98! :shame: Or Marco in 2003, he's Kyokugen-Ryu too.

Last edited:

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Yep, another vote for Rick Strowd here...

Rosa and Hayate from Fuun would be great to see as well

YeldellGW...You sure are close-minded, aren't you? No harm intended at all, but you seem to hate a lot of stuff. You want all characters to be the same? You complain about charge characters, those that use projectiles...No character has good enough character design...Your opinion, sure, but try to be a little more lenient. The game would be tedious if every character was the same. Can you use fireballers, or charge characters, buddy? I kind of suck at using Ash, but I am good with Vega and Bison.

On the topic...I think KoF should add Wolfgang Krauser, Lawrence Blood, Moriya, Setsuna, Hikari, and that bald guy with a heavy machine gun from Metal Slug.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
It would be good to see a few WHeros as said about,
Like hanzo fuuma and of course Dragon with several different dragon kicks would be nice....
Mudman would be fun with all the "fukin VooDoo Magic Mon"

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Orochi_Magus said:
YeldellGW...You sure are close-minded, aren't you? No harm intended at all, but you seem to hate a lot of stuff. You want all characters to be the same? You complain about charge characters, those that use projectiles...No character has good enough character design...Your opinion, sure, but try to be a little more lenient. The game would be tedious if every character was the same. Can you use fireballers, or charge characters, buddy? I kind of suck at using Ash, but I am good with Vega and Bison.

I'd say I'm more nit-picky then close-minded.

I play plenty of charge characters. Not all of them are bad, just those with abusive projectiles that they can follow after/have little recovery to:

Guile, Heidern, Ash, Captain Kidd and I'm sure there's a few more I'm forgetting.

All characters the same? Sorry to disappoint you but I play a variety of different characters; grapplers, speed freaks, shotos, etc.

I use plenty of characters that have projectiles, doesn't mean I don't know how to play them. In fact I play a decent Kaede in LB 1 without even using his projectile much, if at all.

Designs?! When the hell did I even say anything about crap designs recently?!

I hate projectiles period. Some people hate grapplers, some hate shotos. It's called personal preference.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I thought I had responded to this thread already, but I must have been thinking about another one.

Jubei Yamada.