What are you listening to at the moment?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
just watched the movie today. loved it and love the soundtrack.

geise

Mickey's Coach
I want to thank everyone posting T-Square stuff. Amazing! First I have heard their stuff. Great to watch live. Is it just me or is their one keyboardest also in Zuntata? For me I had a different change in music today.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I want to thank everyone posting T-Square stuff. Amazing! First I have heard their stuff. Great to watch live. Is it just me or is their one keyboardest also in Zuntata? For me I had a different change in music today.

No he wasn't (if you're referring to Hirotaka Izumi).

Since this is a game forum, let's get Gamey then.

Some of you may know that T-Square's lead guy, Masahiro Andoh, made the music for the Gran Turismo series. One of T-Square's most famous EWI hits was Knight's Song...which would be later redone for Gran Turismo under the track Moon Over the Castle.

Just watch how much Takahiro Miyazaki literally goes AWOL on the tempo of the gang. It's a great track, but even better LIVE!

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Dragon's Dogma intro... a pity it got removed on the Dark Arisen's expansion :(

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
you guys fuck with New Retro Wave at all? i can't stop fucking vibing to this kind of shit. so good.

geise

Mickey's Coach
@Naika: No not Hirotaka Izumi. I was thinking Ogura Hisayoshi of Zuntata looks similar to Minoru Mukaiya of Casiopea bit from different decades.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Amazing, Heaven & Hell is my fav BS album. I also love the Mob Rules, so many great songs that go unnoticed there. Dehumanizer has it's ups and downs but the good songs are excellent. The Heaven & Hell reunion was pretty decent but as much as I love Dio, things have changed a lot.

As much as I love Ozzy and BS with Ozzy, I still prefer Dio, he's a better vocalist IMHO, better lyrics, better everything but then again it is a matter of preference, I just acknowledge that Dio's talent is more traditional over Ozzy being some sort of anomaly and I mean that in a good way. However is not like Dio's voice is an everyday event, his voice is unique as well, that rasp quality is uncanny.

Edit: If you have Spotify, here's a little something in case you're interested.
spotify:user:1242707509:playlist:5Bv7gBAIj2MtCnnYdZHZDx

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That record is so good.

What's your opinion on Dio-era Sabbath?
I have a fixation with that time when Metal was a new, when it wasn't a movement but more of a style of playing. When Rock was still morphing and Hard Rock was barely a genre and it kept toying with Heavy Metal...this album right here...OMFG, one of the best!
Tremendous vocals! Of course the guitars are awesome as well!

Naika

Street Hoop Star
@Naika: No not Hirotaka Izumi. I was thinking Ogura Hisayoshi of Zuntata looks similar to Minoru Mukaiya of Casiopea bit from different decades.

Oh I see. I don't think they look THAT similar but that's just me. However, one keyboardist that T-Square had was Tadashi Namba...maybe him?

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
Amazing, Heaven & Hell is my fav BS album. I also love the Mob Rules, so many great songs that go unnoticed there. Dehumanizer has it's ups and downs but the good songs are excellent. The Heaven & Hell reunion was pretty decent but as much as I love Dio, things have changed a lot.

As much as I love Ozzy and BS with Ozzy, I still prefer Dio, he's a better vocalist IMHO, better lyrics, better everything but then again it is a matter of preference, I just acknowledge that Dio's talent is more traditional over Ozzy being some sort of anomaly and I mean that in a good way. However is not like Dio's voice is an everyday event, his voice is unique as well, that rasp quality is uncanny.

Edit: If you have Spotify, here's a little something in case you're interested.
spotify:user:1242707509:playlist:5Bv7gBAIj2MtCnnYdZHZDx

Agreed on all counts. I get a LOT of resistance from my friends on Dio-era Sabbath, saying it sucks or it's just not as good. I'm a huge Sabbath fan and I can recognize that any record with Tony and Geezer is a true Sabbath record, and my defense of the first two Dio records is always that they're a triumphant return to form. I'm not a huge fan of Technical Ecstasy or Never Say Die. But yeah, I'm right there with you about Dio. Love everything he ever laid to tape.

Thanks for the playlist, I'll check it out on the ride home from work today. :buttrock:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
The awesomeness starts at 0:33. Great band, great guitar work, great fusion.