What arcade stick do you own?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I had a little joystick fetish thing going on here and there from time to time.... only way to play shmups and fighters. :buttrock:

Hori PC-Engine:
pcenginestick.sized.jpg

PS2 Neo Retro Sticks:
ps2neosticks.sized.jpg

Panasonic 3DO Stick:
3dostick.sized.jpg

Got about 3 Old style (1 boxed) and 2 boxed new style NeoGeo sticks:
smaller.sized.jpg

sept19.sized.jpg

Random Sticks (Blaze, Random DC, Capcom SNES, couple Saturn Virtuas, DC twin, etc)
5_G_001.sized.jpg

Pair of them anniversaries:
3_G_001.sized.jpg

Pair of HRAP1 version As:
6_G.sized.jpg

Some green goblins and the my fav, the Saturn Arcade 2P stick:
2_G_001.sized.jpg

Upper left, those PS2 sticks made to look like the classic Saturn Virtuas
nfami1.sized.jpg

HRAP1 version B
hrap1.sized.jpg

HRAP2
hrap2.sized.jpg

Some pics of when I popped in new semitsus & sanwas on some of the jap cabs not too long ago. Still gotta pop in some new joys n butts that came in on the mini jap cabs, just too lazy right now.

a14.sized.jpg

a18.sized.jpg

a17.sized.jpg

newbuts.jpg

a6.sized.jpg

Also got a pair of them sticks that came w/ Tekken 5 and probably some other random sticks somewhere in storage. Can't have enough sticks :chimp:

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
nice one, you have the quite rare FZ JS1 - how is it ?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
kernow said:
nice one, you have the quite rare FZ JS1 - how is it ?

It's ok. Nothing too special. Actually it's not rare at all... depending on where you look of course.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
i have neo cd pads plus a neo geo pro controller

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Damn StealthLurker, your black Astro CP with white sticks and buttons look damn sweet! Nice collection of sticks.

I think i've seen pics of your game collection on some other forum before. Nice collection of goods period!

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Does anyone know if it's possible to fit Sanwa/Seimitsu parts to those Blaze twin sticks?

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
It is possible but you have to do a decent amount of modding. I'm modding my twin blaze now but to fit the Sanwa in, I had to dril holes in the bottom plate. You could avoid this by using a different shaft but I wanted to keep it stock.

Also, I'm finished with my Virtua Stick mods as far as operation. I need to do some cosmetic stuff like filling in the holes and drill holes in my lexan. It should be done later this week with pics.

~Paik

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
eek said:
Damn StealthLurker, your black Astro CP with white sticks and buttons look damn sweet! Nice collection of sticks.

I think i've seen pics of your game collection on some other forum before. Nice collection of goods period!

Thanks, however I copied that color scheme off of mr-megalo and or superpang from the killercabs forums. :D It's got a nice modern clean look.

Paik4Life
Would love to see your Blaze project when it's done. I pondered swapping sticks/butts on a blaze myself... possibly even turning one into a supergun.

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
The Blaze project is a little bit on the back burner right now. The mods I'm currently finishing up are:
- 2 Virtua Stick Pro
- 2 Viruta Sticks
- 2 Agetecs
- Tekken 3 Stick
- Soul Calibiru II Stick

I also am working on a few custom stick orders so that's just adding to all the current projects.

All the modding is done except for cosmetics. I just don't feel like putting the effort into removing the artworks...I'll have to throw on some paint thinner within the next day or two. I also have to do some painting and such. Since I'm working on all of them concurrently, it's taking longer than I had hoped.

The Blaze stick is just annoying to do. That's why I keep putting it off. I also have to create a very large plexi for it, so that's another reason I keep putting it off. I swear it'll get done though.

~Paik

Robert

20 Year Member
@StealthLurker: I'm quite impressed by your stick collection. I didn't even know some of them.

First time I see the orange and white DC stick you have in one of your pictures.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
hey is there a big difference to modding a DOA4 stick and an agetec stick?

is it hard? i just want to change the joysticks....

thanx

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
Gah, I'm so behind with these mods. They're actually done now aside from the artworks. Painting and such got done this week. Everything got delayed because of a custom stick order and the fact that I got into a car accident. Anyway, no pics of the mods yet but here is the custom order that I finished.

Additional pics (including WIP) can be found here:
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Life/Komakino/

Details:
- Solid-block construction using poplar
- Fanta stick
- 6 x OBSF-30
- 2 x OBSF-24
- 2mm metal button plate
- 5mm metal bottom plate
- digital PS PCB
- QDs
- barrier strip
- grounding bar kit
- primer, paint, and poly
- lexan panel

Since Fantas require more clearance, this is a little thicker than my usual design sitting at around 2.5". The design was based on a few discussions I had with Roy. Although some people might think it to be a little "plain," I really liked how it turned out. It has a clean and smooth minimalistic design, something I don't do very often.

Check back in a few days for the mods. I will be posting them up in the sale thread as well along with some customs, other mods, and retail sticks. There shoudl be over 20 sticks for sale in total.

~Paik

Izlude

n00b
I love the Neo-Stick 2.
neostick.jpg

Tekken 5 stick, I rarely use it. I just bought it for looks. XD
myrig.jpg

Note my manga collection on the right.

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Thanks for the info on the Blaze. It sounds like a lot of hard work to mod, so I'll give it a miss. I just assumed it would make a cheap alternative to picking up a Virtua Stick Pro or buying an Astro City panel for a real arcade experience, lol - the Blaze layout looks to be exactly the same. I'm actually regretting not picking up a Virtua Stick Pro I came across when I was in Hong Kong over the summer. I could've ebayed for a big profit or kept it and modded to work for my PS2. Sigh ...

But now I'm curious: How easy is it to mod the Virtua Stick Pro and the SvC sticks??? Did the Virtua Stick Pro come with the same stock buttons/stick that are fitted inside an Agetec?

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
I actually have 4 VSP at the moment. I bought a bunch and shipped them together to reduce shipping per piece. I'll end up selling one stock, selling a Sanwa-modded one, and keeping the other two for myself (again one stock in box and the other Sanwa-modded).

Modding the VSP is fairly easy. It has a mounting area so you can mount Sanwa and Seimitsu sticks without hassle if you have the correct mounting plate type. The button holes have tabs like most other retail sticks, which is a shame but isn't too much work to get rid of. The buttons are similar to the Agetec buttons.

The ASCII sticks are all pretty much the same. Because they are fitted with Sanwa clones that are identical in almost all respects, swapping in a JLF requres no modding. The buttons are a different story and require some of the same old modding needed for most other sticks.

~Paik

Matarick

Goal! Goal! Goal!
I have a Capcom Fighting JAM RAP, MAS Perfect 360 for the PS2/Xbox/DC, and an Xarcade PS2.

The RAP is the better stick but shame there is no way I would use it on a PS3 since the Virtua Fighter 5 RAP is comming out on PS3.

Only if I can find a way to sell the RAP locally.

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Matarick said:
I have a Capcom Fighting JAM RAP, MAS Perfect 360 for the PS2/Xbox/DC, and an Xarcade PS2.

The RAP is the better stick but shame there is no way I would use it on a PS3 since the Virtua Fighter 5 RAP is comming out on PS3.

Only if I can find a way to sell the RAP locally.

You're talking about the Virtua Stick High Grade? I thought it plugged in via a USB port. Hopefully that means there'll be plenty of reasonably priced USB adapters to allow your PS2 controllers to work on PS3, assuming Sony haven't gone the same route as the XBox360 and locked out all non-licensed products from being used on their machine. If I can, I'll be using my HRAP and modded Agetec on the PS3. That'll be a good few years down though, when they've dropped to a reasonable price, lol. I still might be tempted to pick up one of those VF High Grades though, as they do look pretty damn cool, I must admit.

Paik: Thanks for the info again, btw. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a VSP next time I'm in Hong Kong.

Last edited:

Martinov

Geese's Thug
Matarick: Hang on, did you mean this:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=329&products_id=9770&

I assume it's just stock Hori parts on this one, the same as the previous Fighting Sticks. I'm not impressed by the cheeky way Hori have dumped the Ls and Rs in a silly position either. No real biggie on either score though, as it's meant to be a reasonably priced $50, and I'm sure somebody'll find a way to fit real arcade parts to it within days of release. :buttrock: It'll work out way cheaper than a HRAP!

I wonder if/when Hori will unveil their HRAP3?

Last edited:

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
I just my HRAP 2 in the mail today. Amazing. Simply amazing. I don't think the buttons are that bad. It is so weird using that thing though. I'm so used to my MAS stick, and this Sanwa seems to have really well defined corners. The long throw on it means adjustment for me. But man, after playing with it for an hour or so, damn. Whenever I got used to it, I could pull the moves so much faster. I mean really fast. It was like I flicked my wrist and bam, out comes a fireball. Half circles are faster than quarters on my MAS stick.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
speakin of ps3 controllers are they gonna have USB connections or a standard playstation connection? I've been wondering about this...

Matarick

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Martinov said:
Matarick: Hang on, did you mean this:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=329&products_id=9770&

I assume it's just stock Hori parts on this one, the same as the previous Fighting Sticks. I'm not impressed by the cheeky way Hori have dumped the Ls and Rs in a silly position either. No real biggie on either score though, as it's meant to be a reasonably priced $50, and I'm sure somebody'll find a way to fit real arcade parts to it within days of release. :buttrock: It'll work out way cheaper than a HRAP!

I wonder if/when Hori will unveil their HRAP3?

I was refering to the Virtua Fighter High grade joystick and I thought Hori was commisioned to work on it. Forgive my noobness but I thought that was the reason why Hori is discontinuing the RAP PS2 line.

I dunno, I am indeed having second thoughts on selling the PS2 for sentimental reasons since it was indeed the console that got me into E3 and writing for a fansite back in the day.