What Arcade/Barcade Do You Play At?

My stomping grounds are Funspot (Weirs Beach, NH) and Tilt (Burlington, VT). A new barcade called The Archives is opening in Burlington and I'll be checking it out in a few weeks.

But where do you coin up?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Game Underground, Natick, MA. Also Quarters (Hadley), Pinball Wizard (Pelham, NH), and Funspot.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I don't :(

I need to do some searching around. There as to be a few local places other than Dave&Busters.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
at home when im playing online with someone, cause its not considered drinking by yourself as long are your on a headset with a friend

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
For actual arcade games: nowhere. Pinball only for me.
But I will play the Millipede at Dave and Busters.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Galloping Ghost used to be good. I just went early this month and they've ruined the place. They've got too many cabinets. I know that was the goal was to be one of the biggest in the country but honestly its a cluster fuck.

They have about 30 games they could get rid of to make things better that are just trash games.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
at home when im playing online with someone, cause its not considered drinking by yourself as long are your on a headset with a friend

This. Also Xbox UNO is my go to drinking game.

In all seriousness tho a barcode recently opened in my city, but I have yet to check it out. I'll need to rectify that soon.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Game Underground, Natick, MA. Also Quarters (Hadley), Pinball Wizard (Pelham, NH), and Funspot.

IS Gaming Underground that place in Rt9 set up in a basement? IS this the place where you keep your NAC, I thought it was Framingham or is that something else?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In my spare room.

Hey I do the same thing! Oh we're gonna be awesome buddies you and I. Knock knees and all we are.

There's a couple barcades I know about but have yet to visit, their titles aren't overly enticing however. The arcades around me have since lost their candies and are now limited to a couple SF4/T6 machines and the rest is DDR, wangan/initial D and ticket bullshit. :( We used to have 3S going on astro's and all but it's all been lost in the wind to peoples spare rooms.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Barcade in Philly is pretty good when the college crowd has dispersed.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
IS Gaming Underground that place in Rt9 set up in a basement? IS this the place where you keep your NAC, I thought it was Framingham or is that something else?

It used to be in Framingham at that location - they moved to a massive place at the Natick Mall.

Also I agree about GGA - they have a fetish for loading up the place, which in and of itself is not bad but they have a bunch of literal garbage/random protos/things no one will ever play.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Beercade In Omaha.
though since I work there, it's tough for me to avoid.
still trying to get 3rd strike, but we've got vanilla 3, which is something i guess.
no shmups though :(

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Down here all of our Arcades are gone. Thus we aspire to turn our houses into personal cades'

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Sometimes i go to ground kontrol in portland, but some of their machines arent in the best shape and it can be full of douchers. Game over in lincoln city is the same way. Hopefully one of these days I can talk my favorite watering hole into taking a big red...

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Sometimes i go to ground kontrol in portland, but some of their machines arent in the best shape and it can be full of douchers. Game over in lincoln city is the same way. Hopefully one of these days I can talk my favorite watering hole into taking a big red...

Why would they need to be talked into it?
granted, the MVS at beercade is a converted MK2, but still.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I really like Ground Kontrol in Portland Or.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Galloping Ghost used to be good. I just went early this month and they've ruined the place. They've got too many cabinets. I know that was the goal was to be one of the biggest in the country but honestly its a cluster fuck.

They have about 30 games they could get rid of to make things better that are just trash games.

Well that's a fucking shame. I was considering a trip there at some point this year.

Locally we're kinda fucked... Pinball Petes in East Lansing is a ghost of its former self, Ann Arbor was still OK last time I was there but that was a while ago. They just don't maintain the machines very well :/

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
As part of the skycurser project, I've been able to see a lot of arcades in the regional Midwest area. For me I'd breakdown some of my favorites as follows:

1. Logan Arcade: Amazing bar with an immaculate collection of games. The owner there is the real deal, he's super passionate about taking care of the games and creating an awesome vibe. I can't express enough how nice the building and games are. I love this place.

2. Galloping Ghost: It's sensory overload. I agree that it's getting a bit crowded, but they are expanding their space significantly to address the issue. They just added their game number 500, which is insane to even think about. The owner, Doc Mack is one of the nicest dudes you'd ever hope to meet. Plus, they actually take JAMMA era stuff serious and they get the really rare shit no one else messes with (Fallen Angels, Primal Rage II, Cliffhanger: Edward Randy, etc.) There were TEN six slot NEO GEOs there last time I visited and they were all working.

3. Tappers: A brand new barcade in Indianapolis, I got to attend a soft opening last week and I was blown away. Great diversity of games in really nice condition. It will definitely be my primary bar for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Lost Ark in Greensboro, NC.

I'd live there if I could. Unfortunately, it's a three hour drive from where I live so I very, very, very rarely get to go there.

There's some boardwalk arcades that are about an hour from where I live, and sometimes I go there, but it's usually a waste of time.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Funspot is probably the closest arcade I frequent. I probably make it out there once or twice a month. The arcade museum / 80s floor is really quite nice although I haven't seen Zoo Keeper or Tapper there the last couple visits. I know it is no small task, but I wish they had a couple more people to maintain the machines, seems there are always a good 5 or so down when I go.

I keep meaning to check out Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH. The game list looks pretty nice.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I keep meaning to check out Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH. The game list looks pretty nice.

Their SS-era pins are not always in great shape. Some of their vids are hit and miss. But they have such a wide variety it's still worth a visit.