WG monitor has no red

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Second time this has happened, a k7400 monitor has completely lost red. Turning up the pots doesn't even create washout. Anywhere particularly I should look?

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I would look for cracked solder joints on the neckboard. And check to see if the red drive transistor is bad. You could swap it with one of the blue or green transistors to see if you lose that color. If you do its a bad transistor.

grantspain

Crazed MVS Addict
I would look for cracked solder joints on the neckboard. And check to see if the red drive transistor is bad. You could swap it with one of the blue or green transistors to see if you lose that color. If you do its a bad transistor.

sound advice

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
looks like it was a bad solder joint on the harness leading up to the neck card. I messed with the transistors, and noticed the screen flickered the red back when I dropped the remote board. Traced it back and problem solved.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sometimes you need to Rejuvenate.

The guns can get carbonated or some shit.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Heh, I'm having the same issue with my K4600, but with green.

Lios came over and found out it's a faulty transistor on the neckboard, we're going to replace it soon :)

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
My other monitor of the same revision just displays green, very little blue and next to no red. To actually get red, I have to turn the pot way up but there's ridiculous color bleed and still dominant green.
Pretty sure the transistors are bad on it as when I was working on m other monitor, the swapped in transistors from the green monitor actually made the picture worse. Especially when I took on the one for green and put it in for red on the other and the green turned dominant red with red horizontal lines.
Now the monitor that had no red works, but it seems just a little dim and I have the horizontal lines, they just aren't that noticeable.
The one with almost all green has the same dim issue, and the horizontal lines are much more prominant. it's still dim even with the adjustment on the transformer at max.