Weird MVS error on an AES game

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Have you cleaned the contacts on the cart? I know contact issues can cause that error.

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
I think that was it. I just cleaned it really good and the error didn't come back. I wasn't too worried about it because it wasn't a very expensive game but it was still really weird to see a MVS error on an AES. Thanks for your help.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What was the error? I'm curious since the video is private.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I think that was it. I just cleaned it really good and the error didn't come back. I wasn't too worried about it because it wasn't a very expensive game but it was still really weird to see a MVS error on an AES. Thanks for your help.

An MVS conversion wouldn't cause an AES to have MVS-style errors. That's preposterous. The ROM chips are the same in every Neo Geo game, regardless of cart format or region. As said previously, your AES or game is just dirty. Keep your stuff clean and you won't have any problems.

For the record, my own AES systems sometimes display a "MVS POST" set of screens when the connection is bad. It is amusing to see since AES usually hides the screen garbage, but it doesn't really mean anything more than dirty contacts.