Weekly Roundup 7-3-16 Independence day edition

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
The whole point of SF4 was to bring back primarily the SF2 fans (gameplay and characters)...then the Alpha crowd...then Third Strike fans with Super.

It worked out and I feel that's why you see such a deviation with SFV. I think Capcom wanted a game more like SFV from day one but knew he had to do SF4 the way they did to get the casuals caring about SF again. Thats why they played it so safe with the characters....I mean now we finally get Mika Karin Urien Alex and even Birdie for gods sake. Thats primarily why I think 5 is to 3 as 4 was to 2...a lot of fresh faces and in your face gameplay...less reliance on reversals and zoning and more close quarters combat.

I say if you like SF3 you should atleast give SFV a shot. It feels much closer to those games then SF4 did and so far I like a lot better.

Back to Ryu...I feel like you have Ryu boxed in to his SF2 ending. Ryu found plenty of opponents he couldn't beat since then and he pretty much always kept the dark hadou at bay. Also Evil Ryu was only really a thing in Alpha 3 since that was the time frame that he was struggling with it. After that, It didn't show up in a mainline SF again until SSF4AE and even then it was still just mostly a what if character. Now I think its gone for good. Ryu has mastered the Satsui no Hadou in SFV.

but yeah the story if V was a big let down for me but at least they finally closed the book on that bullshit.

Last edited: