Weekly Roundup 6/23/19

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Catching up on some stuff since I'm home.

PS4
Doom - gf didn't like the twitchy and fast nature of the game.
LittleBigPlanet3 - this was a fun one bit there's a lot of loading

Halo 4 - Firefight mode is fun

GBA
Mother 3 - on Chapter 8, in the laboratory. Grinding a bit to get my characters to level 60 before the next few bosses.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch
Tetris 99
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Pinball Arcade

RetroPi
Nightmare on Elm Street (NES) - I think this would be a lot better with 4 players.
Double Dragon (Lynx) - A great port if it's 1993 and you only have a Lynx. Still trumped by the excellent Double Dragon Advance.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Tetris 99
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Pinball Arcade
I've never gotten into the tales games. Played a bit of Phantasia and almost all of tales of the abyss and it just didn't stick with me. Is this one good?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Catching up on some stuff since I'm home.

PS4
Doom - gf didn't like the twitchy and fast nature of the game.
LittleBigPlanet3 - this was a fun one bit there's a lot of loading

Halo 4 - Firefight mode is fun

GBA
Mother 3 - on Chapter 8, in the laboratory. Grinding a bit to get my characters to level 60 before the next few bosses.

I just finished the Foundry level in Doom last night. Every level just keeps getting better & better. It was jarring for me also to get use to the super fast movement. Wasted a lot of ammo missing shot because of the speed. After I have got use to it I feel like a damn bulldozer lol.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've never gotten into the tales games. Played a bit of Phantasia and almost all of tales of the abyss and it just didn't stick with me. Is this one good?

Honestly, I never did either. This is the only one I've played and liked. I like the graphics, characters, and story. I'd be willing to try Tales of Xillia on PS4 when I get the chance; it's only $15 @ Half Priced Hipsters.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Switch
Reign Game of Thrones - Got a better ending with Dani than the tv show
City Connection NES- Never really played this back in the day, I think I prefer the NES Version to the arcade version

PS4
Pooyan
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition

PS3
El Shaddahi - Another forum member gave this to me this is pretty out there but interesting so far

Retro arcade
Dangun Feveron

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch

City Connection NES- Never really played this back in the day, I think I prefer the NES Version to the arcade version

I played this quite a bit back in the day on the NES and liked it.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I played this quite a bit back in the day on the NES and liked it.

I’m enjoying it, it’s definitely one of those pick up for a quick play. It was very tough in the beginning until I got the jump mechanics down.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Too busy burning the candle at both ends working two jobs to do much beyond my usual casual gaming when I have some time to spare here-and-there.

Nintendo 2DS
- The Legend of Legacy
Still working on exploring 100% of the swamp area, but, I also unlocked a new bottomless pit map too.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
2,000 badges; 30 complete sets.
- Pokemon Picross
119 Pokemon captured. Saving up to unlock another area as usual, but, at least the amount of money I can make a day training went up slightly again ($11-13, depending on whether I can clear the puzzles in 2 minutes or less).
- Pokemon Rumble World
79th rank, all 719 Pokemon caught. Just saving up to upgrade my skill trees and catching stronger versions of Pokemon I already have.
- Pokemon Shuffle
25th rank; 404 stages cleared; 755 Pokemon caught.

Android Tablet
- Absolute Bingo
Reached level 19.
- Galaxy Sky Shooting
Stuck on the level 132 boss now. Almost got enough diamonds for a new ship.
- Solitaire (Klondike)