Pinball Arcade

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Wii-U
Super Mario Maker
Freedom Planet
Shovel Knight
LoZ: Wind Waker HD

Just picked up Shovel Knight, and I'm loving the hell out of it. I love the NES design inspirations--I'm a hobbyist pixel artist, and this game is making me want to pick up the NES palette again. Likewise, the gameplay is brilliant thus far.

Freedom Planet is a neat little spiritual successor to oldschool Sonic games, and I'm enjoying that so far as well. There's somewhat annoying voice acting, but you can skip that by playing the levels end-to-end in the 'classic' mode. I like the health system in this game better than the rings in Sonic, and it's cool to see the game headed up by a trio of female characters.

As my partner pointed out to me, I've picked up an HD console and an HDTV just so that I can play new games that look old... (Not with Zelda, though! That's an old game that looks new.)

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS4
MGSV The Phantom Pain

SNES
Super Castlevaina IV

Famicom
Sweet Home

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Saturn
DoDonpachi
Battle Garegga
Batsugun

Just picked up Shovel Knight, and I'm loving the hell out of it. I love the NES design inspirations--I'm a hobbyist pixel artist, and this game is making me want to pick up the NES palette again. Likewise, the gameplay is brilliant thus far.

What tools do you use for pixel art? Are the created sprites easily transferred to other media, maybe hombrew games?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo DS
- MySims Kingdom
- Chaotic: Shadow Warriors

PC
- Freecell
- Solitaire