Weekly Gaming Roundup - 02/09/14

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Only one game getting play time this weekend...

3DS

Bravely Default

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I think you're too busy being an 80s man. It's 2014 now.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
3DS

Pokemon X (pretty much to transfer over my old Poke's since the bank came out)

PS3

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs.
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost

iOS

Pinball Arcade

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC

Starbound ... so much Starbound.. mining.. ore.. upgrade armor.. build house.. space travel.. ugh. I'm finding myself just completely addicted to it because of the open sand box nature, the old school graphics and the online. Every time I think I'm tired of it I stumble upon a cool alien lab or temple deep in the earth and tear it apart for ore. It may help that I am off work right now... I need some mindless tasks to scratch my brain itch.

If you are on Steam hit me up. I have figured out how to host my world - if you jack all my stuff or wreck my home I'll never forgive you.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Strikers 1945 Plus is pretty much the only game that I've been playing for the last 2 weeks. I don't know what it is, but that game just sucks me in.

Whisper, when you're sick of Ninja Commando, send it to my house.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Wii U
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
That's all as of late :D

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
PS4
Assassins Creed IV Black Flag
Battlefield 4

PS3
Gran Turismo 6
Dragons Crown

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Whisper, when you're sick of Ninja Commando, send it to my house.

I do believe you are looking for the cart version...I'm playing on my CDZ...these are not the games that you are looking for *waves hand* :D

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Hearthstone

I fully intend to play Ketsui this week as it's been sitting on my table since last monday. Hearthstone is just too real though.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
iOS
Broken Sword 5 :)

Xbox on 360
Grand Theft Auto III [playing it nonstop it's fantastic]

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
GameCube

R: Racing Evolution

Wii

Sonic Colors
Metroid Other M

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

Gears Of War: Judgement

Omega

Bust A Move Again
King Of Fighters '96
3 Count Bout

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
PC

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborm-God, this game is so good...

PS3

Beyond: Two Souls-Awesome storylinie, neat intuitive visual queues for QTE combat that needs some refinement to get 'there', but overall plagued by the same problems as Heavy Rain. Thoroughly engrossing story with some interesting situations when you take control of Aidan. Quantic Dreams manages to successfully shine a psychological mirror on the player during these sequences, but they they are entirely confined to the scenes in question and don't seem to have an effect on the end result. As with Heavy Rain, my recommendation is to play it once to experience it and then give it to someone else to do the same. I may do a review of this at some point.

3DS

Bravely Default (demo)-I love this so much. My LE just came in the mail on Friday, but I am going to clear the demo completely before I jump into the full game.

PSP

Final Fantasy: The After Years-Edward post scenario content is way too grindy.

Dissidia Final Fantasy-I have owned them for years but never played them. This game is unabashedly pure fan service and I love it on that level. Can't say much for the camera angle. I also love that the the characters are distinctly different in play styles. Surprisingly more grindy than I was anticipating. I think S-E should hire Arc System Works to do a 2D or 3D fighter with all of their FF franchise characters. It would be really amazing, especially drawing on the art direction of both Yoshitaka Amano and Tetsuya Nomura. I don't know if Dissidia is 'good' but I know I'm enjoying it.

Upcoming:

Lightining Returns: Final Fantasy XIII-I can't wait to see how it all ends. I really came to love the storyline after playing through XIII-2 so I'm excited to jump right into this.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
PC
World of Warcraft

XB360
Lollipop Chainsaw
All-Pro Football 2K8

PS3
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

I picked up the The Lego Movie Videogame for 3DS and need to give that a whirl at some point.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
3DS

Bravely Default (demo)-I love this so much. My LE just came in the mail on Friday, but I am going to clear the demo completely before I jump into the full game.

Ha, I'm in the same boat. Got my LE on Friday, but I haven't even opened it yet as I want to play through the demo first. I've downloaded it, but barely put a dent in it.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Took a break from Strikers to play some F1 2012 on the Xbox 360 for a few hours this morning.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
360:

Alice Madness Returns
Raiden Fighters Jet
Raiden Fighters 2
Tales of Vesperia
Dead Island

Vita:

Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Soul Sacrifice

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Xbox:

Panzer Dragoon Orta - Haven't played a single game in this series till now & man, this game is great. I can't to play Zwei & Azel once I get a Saturn.

Jet Set Radio Future - I'm still early in the game & so far, it's pretty fun. The soundtrack is ok, but it's hard to listen to for extended periods of time.

Sega GT 2002 - Got it with JSRF. Meh, it sucks.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Nothing special, but it's a pretty good beat em' up.

Wii:

Elebits - Started a new game after not playing it for a long time. I wish Konami would've made a genuine sequel instead of that DS spinoff.

Mega Man 10 - I don't remember the other classic Mega Man games being this hard. My expectations were pretty low, so at least I wasn't too disappointed.