We had lots of homosexuals in KOf 2003

Ice_burn

Another Striker
I thought Benimaru and King our the only homosexuals in KOf and now they added 2 more. Ash and Duolon. Why snk keep on desiging cross dressing characters.:mad: :blow_top:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
well, what's really bad is that angel is really a guy.

RisingKnuckle

New Challenger
How is King a homo? There was actually a reason why she dresses slightly man like...although she has been doing it for almost a decade.

AssassinStrike

Armored Scrum Object
the word for the day is metro sexual

past questionalble koffers:

chris? bao? yash?(look at that outfit it's horrible and he likes to grab men a lot) seth(win quotes are scary)?

hem

:mr_t:

well isn't this stuff somewhat indicative of Japanese culture anyway?

A couple years ago, wasn't in vogue for teen guys to look as feminine as they could care to be?

Another thing I've noticed about SNK's char's vs Capcom's Char's:

SNK's characters look like they could walk down the isle of a New York Fashion show. they also resemble more like people.

Capcom's characters either look 'normal' or animalian. they tend to look more 'superheroish'

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I don't care if a character is gay or not. Its when SNK tries to make pretty boy characters and they give them an androgynous look and don't do a good job of it, example: Ash. Its like they can't give it a proper balance of masculinity and femininity(is that a word?) and it came out looking like some horrible byproduct.

Now compare Ash and Iori, two androgynous chars. Iori has that look prince has, the look where a female or a male could wear the outfit and still look good. Ash on the other hand just looks like trash, pure trash. Then they try to pass it off as cool and it couldn't be farther from it.

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
Now compare Ash and Iori, two androgynous chars. Iori has that look prince has, the look where a female or a male could wear the outfit and still look good. Ash on the other hand just looks like trash, pure trash. Then they try to pass it off as cool and it couldn't be farther from it.

Ash isn't that bad.. I think his design is ok, and the illustrations look really cool. His sprite, however, looks terrible.. When the first illustrations were published I thought he looked pretty cool, but now I've seen the actual game in motion he looks stupid :(
The sprite doesn't do the design justice.

I'm kind of glad that Iori is STILL wearing the same clothes after all these years.. The outfit defines Iori. I don't think Playmore could design or animate anything as good as his original costume.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
You'd actively go out and look for something like that? Hmmm sounds like there is something you wanna tell us:smirk:

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
robert-gamble said:
Ash isn't that bad.. I think his design is ok, and the illustrations look really cool. His sprite, however, looks terrible..

Fine his name is Ash Crimson - but he looks like an ASS Creamson.- The Artist for KoF2k3 is good BUT given the designs he had to work with, ASH could have been designed MUCH better. - Its just DAMN laziness from the Character creative designers on their part- creating a "hero"character so strikingly stylish different that it spawns an immediate negative response from gamers- hell why stop there at Ash??? why not bring in a Peter Pan type character hows that for Bishonen beauty ????

I have nothing against gays-but even the Fabulous 5, Queer eye for the STRAIGHT GUYs would say the ASH Charcater design is dreadful-

Honestly IMO, its too bad that they diddnt have votes on what charcaters KOF Gamers would would like to see in KOF, even ones that are in design stages- with a vote and an equal response deadline with a valid reason in a small paragraph a person likes or dislikes a returning character/design. Not all characters OF COURSE, but like a team of 3, or 1 - 2 slots to choose from that can be voted in. A returning charcater(s) and/or the design for a new one(s) (if applicable)
Oh well- Ive ranted on far enough --- lol ..........................Far easier said than done For sure.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ice_burn said:
I thought Benimaru and King our the only homosexuals in KOf
.:mad: :blow_top:

no shes not Ellen Degeneres " Lesbo". if thats what youre gettin at...... King is clearly heterosexual female If we remember the days of AOF- Ryo/Robert fought her and eventually "revealed" that she was a woman. As time went on with the AOF/ KOF storyline (for those who follow it ) it would show that KING actually has a Love intrest for RYO.

Last edited:

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
SPINMASTER X said:
You'd actively go out and look for something like that? Hmmm sounds like there is something you wanna tell us:smirk:
I'm caught red err white handed!

;)

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Re: Re: We had lots of homosexuals in KOf 2003

GunstarHeroblack said:
noAs time went on with the AOF/ KOF storyline (for those who follow it ) it would show that KING actually has a Love intrest for RYO.

Thank the Lord for someone with common sense and who actually follows the storylines instead of talking out their ass.

Brett

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Re: Re: Re: We had lots of homosexuals in KOf 2003

snesaes said:
Thank the Lord for someone with common sense and who actually follows the storylines instead of talking out their ass.

Brett

Its funny you should say that man,we can both agree that the only problem with common sense nowadays is that it aint so common.:cool:

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Re: Re: Re: We had lots of homosexuals in KOf 2003

snesaes said:

Brett

I just beat KoF 2000 with the AoF team, man that was funny... Takuma calling King the mother of Kyokugen's heir, and everyone freaking out. Good times :D

-AG

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Shinji said:
I'll be sure to find some Ash Yaoi just for you, Spin.

HEY!

That's my job dammit! ;)

Personally I have no problems with Ash's design or any of the new characters.

Ash is hot, Duo is hot, Shen Woo is hot, Robert is hot, Billy is hot, Blue Mary is hot, need I go on?

Besides who cares if they look homosexual or not? I, for one, am not complaining. :)

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
I don't understand why everyone hates on Ash and Duolon so much. Are you all homophobic or something?

And why do you need entire topics dedicated to flaming the so-called flamers, anyways? :P

Ice_burn

Another Striker
nothingxs said:
I don't understand why everyone hates on Ash and Duolon so much. Are you all homophobic or something?

And why do you need entire topics dedicated to flaming the so-called flamers, anyways? :P

I think you belong from their federation.:p

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Domino-chan said:
HEY!

That's my job dammit! ;)

Personally I have no problems with Ash's design or any of the new characters.

Ash is hot, Duo is hot, Shen Woo is hot, Robert is hot, Billy is hot, Blue Mary is hot, need I go on?

Besides who cares if they look homosexual or not? I, for one, am not complaining. :)

I concur with Blue Mary, she's no King but I wouldn't kick her out of my bed :)

-AG

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
well, these char designs, specifically Ash, were obviusly based from Visual kei rockers in japan today, w/c imho is very cool, they have the bishonen look, and Iori's design was prolly based on the HS gangs back then.. see, it all makes sense, the char designers are jsut applying what they see around everyday japan:D