Wanted: used MVS converter

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Edit: Ended up getting myself a new Super MVS Converter II ($200 shipped worldwide from the maker) so I'm set for the moment.

I'm still interested in the early front/back-loading MVS converter that predates the Phantom-1 though! Let me know if you have one of these for sale or trade.

Last edited:

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Kyuusaku said:
My first choice is the MVS converter that predates the Phantom-1, then the Phantom-1, then the Super MVS Converter II.

I'm not concerned with what games it works with, or if it's loose or complete in box, it just has to work properly (not be broken).

Looking to pay $150 shipped to the US, $200 for the really old converter.

Whats the deal with the older converter? Why is it more desirable over phantom, etc?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yeah that's news to me as well...maybe someone can shed some light on it here or he will answer.

I just got the latest MVS converter and I would rather have that.

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd like to make my own MVS converter, but I need another converter for reference since I'm unaware of some non-connected pins. I'd like the older converter because I know the logic for the SNK chip it uses and I'm only really interested in the pins which all of my games don't use. The only reason I'd like the Phantom-1 over Super MVS is because I'm curious which pins are audio out and I don't want to tinker with my nice console. There's nothing secretly better about the Phantom or anything ;)

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Kyuusaku said:
I'd like to make my own MVS converter, but I need another converter for reference since I'm unaware of some non-connected pins. I'd like the older converter because I know the logic for the SNK chip it uses and I'm only really interested in the pins which all of my games don't use. The only reason I'd like the Phantom-1 over Super MVS is because I'm curious which pins are audio out and I don't want to tinker with my nice console. There's nothing secretly better about the Phantom or anything ;)

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if the older ones are better or what. But it does seem like I remember reading somewhere that people liked the older ones better. I could be wrong as I have been reading a lot of things about neogeo lately :buttrock:

neo33

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
i have a the Super MVS Converter II like new in baggie with red led light i can take pics if u wish, ill sell it for $150 since i really have no use for it after i got my cabinet. Can take pics if you like or ill trade it for a sega master system package etc , psp , ds anythin of that sort.

- Matt