Wanted - someone to build me a cable - VGA to Scart RGB.

incrediblehark

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
If possible... as the title states I'm looking for a way to play my dreamcast from the vga box to my sony pvm rgb monitor. I don't think a straight pass through cable will do the job. I know there are dreamcast scart cables, but i have my reasons not to use them. If anyone feels up to the task, let me know either here or through pm the details and cost. Thanks!

incrediblehark

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I have a scart to bnc cable that I made and a dreamcast scart cable, but i don't think a straight vga to bnc will work... unless the rgb monitor supports 31khz normally? if so just a vga to scart would work fine...

Certain games when loaded while connected to scart won't display on my monitor, i think the games themselves think it needs to run in pal mode if connected through scart, which is why i would like to go the route of vga.

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
what did you find out about this? i'm looking to use my sega vga adapter to my pvm-1944q if possible.

incrediblehark

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Two solutions, 1. Connect your sega vga box to a scan converter like extron emotia, run BNC to your Sony PVM. or 2. Use a Dreamcast Scart cable... some games won't output picture through Scart(like SFA3 unfortunately) but other than buying a multisync monitor like an NEC XM series (which I'm looking for atm) those are the only solutions I have found.