want to make rapid fire switches on my neo geo

wiskers12

n00b
hey, i want to wire some switches on all my a, b, c, and d buttons. i want to be able to turn each of my buttons to rapid fire individualy. if you have a idea on how to do this, and some place where i could buy the parts that would be cool. radio shack sucks :buttrock:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
You could always use a NE 555 timer IC. This is from a previous post of mine (which Im unable to find now) on the topic. Circuit drawn by MKL.

autofirecircuit.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So if you wanted to work this in with a cab, You would need a switching circuit to also to drop +5 to the autofire circuit.......?

Can I add a potentiometer anywhere to change the autofire speed?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The next Universe Bios will have autofire cheats for some games. You basically keep the button pressed down and it will autofire instead of firing once.

Raz

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Razoola said:
The next Universe Bios will have autofire cheats for some games. You basically keep the button pressed down and it will autofire instead of firing once.

Raz

Raz.....your dedication to the Neo scene is unparalleled. Thanks man!

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
norton9478 said:
So if you wanted to work this in with a cab, You would need a switching circuit to also to drop +5 to the autofire circuit.......?

Your cab has a 5 volt supply already (also works with 12 volt supply)

Can I add a potentiometer anywhere to change the autofire speed?

Yes you could alter the fire frequency with a pot

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
norton9478 said:
Where would I put the Pot?

replace the 33 K resistor with a 1 Meg linear pot, that should allow lowering the oscillation to less than 1 Hz. I am guestumating to be honest, there is a formula to work it out but I will leave it to you to experiment
;)

http://sandpointjunction.no-ip.com/trains/NE555.pdf

Edit: fig 15 (astable operation) on the data sheet .pdf has a graph, which will help determine the discrete component values vs frequency.

Last edited: